Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RIP Arnold Palmer :(
He was another class act and a great guy. I remember following his career even though I don't watch much golf (like none) anymore. My father loved him and I played a little bit back then. It saddens me to see him go but he deserves peace and a release from pain. RIP Arnold Palmer. Thanks for the memories.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have a lot more to look forward to when you are watching beach sunrises and spending the day doing anything you want!! Hope you are having a great time. I think you and Stephanie have the right idea about timing. One last warm hurrah before the snow flies!

In our case, we visit now because it's still warm but the rates have come down.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did i mention that lots of mums visitors keep doing our dishes?

at first i was offended, but have since gotten over that and think it is awesome

It is truly just because they want to help. It's something they can see that needs done and they can do without getting too invasive in your house. Plus, who actually likes doing dishes?

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning steph! Did y'all fly down or drive?
We flew Spirit. Great price of $144 round trip (bought tickets in June). Only took 1 hour and 15 mins. Would have taken 13-14 hours to drive.

I'm headed to the airport in an hour with 2 of the girls. All the others are staying until Friday.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Of course.

Got a care package today from the states. Tootsie pops rock. And your jerky resembles actual beef, unlike ours.

No wonder yanks are such fatties.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Oh, does your jerky resemble Beggin Strips? (a bacon shaped dog treat from the states, not sure if its in Australia) There was one night I ended up eating half a bag of my Sisters dogs treats after one or ten drinks lol they werent too bad, low fat too!

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We flew Spirit. Great price of $144 round trip (bought tickets in June). Only took 1 hour and 15 mins. Would have taken 13-14 hours to drive.

I'm headed to the airport in an hour with 2 of the girls. All the others are staying until Friday.

We're just a few miles from the airport here. I would say I'd come say hi, but that would likely be a logistical nightmare as airports aren't very user friendly anymore.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good morning Knuckle bunch! Satie Vae actually let me sleep until 7:30! :inlove:good thing, I still could've slept another hour! Got my hands full in the Greenhouse today, trying to stay busy, and therefore out of trouble hehe :tldr::tldr:(dont know what that goat is all about, but damn its cute!):popcorn::kickbutt::headbang: arent emoji's great! lol:bunny::banana:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning Knuckle bunch! Satie Vae actually let me sleep until 7:30! :inlove:good thing, I still could've slept another hour! Got my hands full in the Greenhouse today, trying to stay busy, and therefore out of trouble hehe :tldr::tldr:(dont know what that goat is all about, but damn its cute!):popcorn::kickbutt::headbang: arent emoji's great! lol:bunny::banana:
What's in the greenhouse?

I'm not planting veg this spring. The chooks produce far too much nitrogen rich poop... All foliage, no fruit on my plants

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I'm not planting veg this spring. The chooks produce far too much nitrogen rich poop... All foliage, no fruit on my plants

Some of this, some of that... I'm working on planting some pest preventative plants, Marijolds, Basil, Cilantro/Coriander, catnip, and who knows what other seeds etc ill find around that could be thrown in a smart pot (love those things, no root circling)

I want to grow something REALLY beautiful to surprise my mom. its her second birthday since surviving the coma today, so my Monkey (Mom's nickname) Motivated me lol what are chooks btw? we got chickens now, great fert!

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some of this, some of that... I'm working on planting some pest preventative plants, Marijolds, Basil, Cilantro/Coriander, catnip, and who knows what other seeds etc ill find around that could be thrown in a smart pot (love those things, no root circling)

I want to grow something REALLY beautiful to surprise my mom. its her second birthday since surviving the coma today, so my Monkey (Mom's nickname) Motivated me lol what are chooks btw? we got chickens now, great fert!
Silly Saint, I googled chook. I have chooks too! yay Aussie slang! I actually started a random post called 'gardening shtuff' to see how many green thumbs smell like E-juice hehe

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We're just a few miles from the airport here. I would say I'd come say hi, but that would likely be a logistical nightmare as airports aren't very user friendly anymore.
That would be awesome, but I think you are right. Not looking forward to security again.

Enjoy the rest of your week and get to that restaurant, if you can.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
chickens

i have lohman browns, which are a sex link breed

"great for free ranging" = really strong legs t tear up the garden. They actually breed them for strong legs and 2 years of lots of eggs

they are kinda post menopause now, so very few eggs, they are just buddies
Thats so cool, I didnt even think to ask what breed of chooks we have. My landlord got them as chicks one day 'for his son,' Come to find out he knew Little Guys interest would be gone in a heartbeat, but needed the fert anyway and didnt mind the work. For awhile they wouldnt produce eggs consistantly... then he explained the difference between Chicken salad and egg salad... Now he's bringing us eggs cuz he cant eat em all lol apperently chickens scare easily, what turkeys!

Does the breed make a difference in the fertilizer, or does it just depend on the feed? I'm glad you said something about the Nitro, I wouldve assumed there as a deficiency before a toxicity, likely making things worse.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

why not cut down chook fert and amend with some Phos bat guano, maybe some other organic bloom amendment (if you need K). that should help put some weight on your maters/fruits/flowers.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
why not cut down chook fert and amend with some Phos bat guano, maybe some other organic bloom amendment (if you need K). that should help put some weight on your maters/fruits/flowers.

in previous years, i'd close off an area for a veg garden, first year we had the chooks it went well. After a few years worth of uncomposted poop though, we have no hope

it's okay though

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
in previous years, i'd close off an area for a veg garden, first year we had the chooks it went well. After a few years worth of uncomposted poop though, we have no hope

it's okay though
thats the nice thing about composting, it does the work itself! lol gardening can be alot of fun, but like anything else, it can go from being something fun to 'ugh more work' pretty easily.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Keep your chin up Dog! this too shall pass. (on second thought, if your outside during said weather, remember to tilt said chin down occasionally to empty water or keep said chin within 20 degrees of parallel to the ground and avoid the tragic 'Turkey in a rainstorm' death scenario... I know your smarter than that, just a reminder! lol)

made me laugh, saint

thanks

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
14449974_1306562362709097_5623354542053238018_n.jpg

Maybe this would help? Looks pretty warm.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haven't thought of that in years :)
Amazing how music can bring you back to almost any time. I still cant hear 'Hodja' by Todd Rundgren without remembering my husky we had until I was about 4. He was My 'Big Brother' lol just remember, ya cant rollerskate in a buffalo herd, but you can be happy if ya mind to it! knuckle down, buckle down, do it, do it, do it! (Hehe knuckle down, bring coffee, stat!)
Morning kids! Love, peace, and chicken grease!

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning all! Back to work I go.......wahhhhhhhhhh.........lol My butt is dragging after those quick 4 days. Well, I guess reality is to work, so I can save, so I can do it again. Right?

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning Knucklebutts.
I'm very sad about the onset of Autumn. Yeah, pretty colors, crisp apples, crunching leaves and all that. But it's cold and gray here in my part of the world.
I, for one, could live at a beach all year and be quite happy.

Glad you got home safe and had a great time, Steph. And I hope 22 is still living it up beach style.

And Saint...nice to have you around. Dog-lovers and gardeners are always welcome.

VU Sponsors