Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She got back to me.

Keith is in the hospital with a severe case of pneumonia. She said he is improving and will let him tell us his story when he's able. She asked that we all keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Hawk type prayers goin out for PoiBoi. Glad to hear he's safe and improving.
But to be fair....what they call severe pneumonia in Sweden is what we call the sniffles here in Nebraska.
Nevertheless, glad to hear he's accounted for and recovering.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She got back to me.

Keith is in the hospital with a severe case of pneumonia. She said he is improving and will let him tell us his story when he's able. She asked that we all keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery.
Also thanks 22, poor Keith, all my best thoughts and prayers to him. I think we all knew something was wrong...

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love all your hearts too!

It has occurred to me before that a few of us would be hard to check on should they go AWOL.
Karen for you?

I doubt mum would answer a message from randoms. My sister shaz would probably make something up in an attempt to protect my privacy. Kelly Beard is my youngest sister, and is generally the least inclined to bullshit or over think things of my family.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Karen for you?

I doubt mum would answer a message from randoms. My sister shaz would probably make something up in an attempt to protect my privacy. Kelly Beard is my youngest sister, and is generally the least inclined to bullshit or over think things of my family.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Karen on fb is pretty easy to reach.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
She got back to me.

Sheezus.

Thanks 22.
Next time someone nags me about getting a cough seen to, I think I will listen

I don't mean to interject a PSA here... well, ok - I do.

It could just be random illnesses. Or there is something really nasty passing around this year. Thinking about it, Keith is the sixth person - including myself - just here on VU who has come down with something more severe than usual in the last few weeks. Keith is the second case of pneumonia, someone else came down with "cold from hell" - that turned into a sinus infection with fever requiring antibiotics, two more severe colds, and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I've got - but it hasn't been pretty.

They all seem to start with a really bad cough/cold scenario. I jumped right on decongestants because... I'll spare the details but I can't even remember when I had a cold this bad.

I'm just sayin' if you think you got a thing coming on don't wait - start the home treatment stuff right away. I don't want to think where I would be if I didn't jump on fluids, decongestants & cough crap right away. (As it was I still pulled a muscle from coughing so much.) And I don't know if I'm going to avoid an urgent care visit myself, depending on which way this thing blows in the next few days. It's been 8 days and it's still pretty significant.

Just y'all take care of yourselves - sooner rather than later. It's scary out there this season.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sheezus.

It could just be random illnesses. Or there is something really nasty passing around this year. Thinking about it, Keith is the sixth person - including myself - just here on VU who has come down with something more severe than usual in the last few weeks. Keith is the second case of pneumonia, someone else came down with "cold from hell" - that turned into a sinus infection with fever requiring antibiotics, two more severe colds, and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I've got - but it hasn't been pretty.

They all seem to start with a really bad cough/cold scenario. I jumped right on decongestants because... I'll spare the details but I can't even remember when I had a cold this bad.

I'm just sayin' if you think you got a thing coming on don't wait - start the home treatment stuff right away. I don't want to think where I would be if I didn't jump on fluids, decongestants & cough crap right away. (As it was I still pulled a muscle from coughing so much.) And I don't know if I'm going to avoid an urgent care visit myself, depending on which way this thing blows in the next few days. It's been 8 days and it's still pretty significant.

Just y'all take care of yourselves - sooner rather than later. It's scary out there this season.

They closed an elementary school here yesterday to disinfect it because so many students have the flu.

Everyone I've encountered that's been sick has commented on how they just can't kick it. Just keeps hanging on. Viruses and bacteria are resilient little bastards. Adapt and overcome.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sheezus.

our flu vaccines are based off your winter, so might get one this year

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like every year people get sicker and sicker with little things like colds and viruses...don't get me started on man's quest to subdue mother nature. We ain't gonna win that one.

It snowed again last night, and freezing rain is coming down this morning.
"In like a lion and out like a lamb," my ass.

Anyway, hope everyone stays well and we hear from Keith soon.
Happy Saturday Knucklebutts. :blowkiss:

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like every year people get sicker and sicker with little things like colds and viruses...don't get me started on man's quest to subdue mother nature. We ain't gonna win that one.

Poor Em
Spring is coming. Really, it's just around the corner. I promise

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've been seeing the same thing with people getting sick. It's hanging on for weeks and nothing makes it better really, and the flu shots aren't preventing nearly as much. And we really need something like antibiotics for viruses already ugh

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
layering dilemma solved

57 F, so 2 layers of wool and 2 doonas

need to find my thermals

and buy an electric blanket

You need this in your life
ab4091c5805953549857e3394dfadb95.jpg

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kittyweed..err umm catnip flowers are kinda purtty. The one in the pic isn't a great example
IMG_1903.JPG Anyone got a furry friend that would enjoy some catnip? Just cut some up for the neighbor cat... I was thinking about sprouting another 1 or 2 ( or 8 or 10 hehe) and I figured I may as well see if anyone here would want some for their fuzzybutts

Last edited:

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kittyweed..err umm catnip flowers are kinda purtty. The one in the pic isn't a great example
View attachment 78498 Anyone got a furry friend that would enjoy some catnip? Just cut some up for the neighbor cat... I was thinking about sprouting another 1 or 2 ( or 8 or 10 hehe) and I figured I may as well see if anyone here would want some for their fuzzybutts

No cats here.

Morning Saint!

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Glow, I never really learned how to do the whole 'talk about your feelings' thing, Next time I wanna lose it I'll come here and rant my Skinny little butt off.

Apparently I've gotten so good at ignoring feelings that I can't just let 'er rip whenever I need, I gotta wait till they feel like coming out... or until I just cut a hole and rip em out. But I usually avoid the latter
Please avoid the latter. I think you just described cutting better than anyone I have known, and having over 30 years working in Psych, I have heard many descriptions. It's hard to learn to talk about feelings but I am a good listener.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please avoid the latter. I think you just described cutting better than anyone I have known, and having over 30 years working in Psych, I have heard many descriptions. It's hard to learn to talk about feelings but I am a good listener.
She is saint. Glow has been there for many of my dramas

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been watching the weather channel alot...
Ive decided I need all you boofs and nucks to post (or message me) your city/zip code so I can keep an eye on weather in your area and know whether or not I have to worry about you being swept away, drowning, burning, freezing, or generally being okay but wreaking havoc out of boredom. I know a couple of us do the last one :devil:
LOL. With this truck driving gig, I can be anywhere in the contiguous 48 on any given day! Playing in KS starting on Monday.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sheezus.

I think you should make a visit to the medical folks. 8 days is a long time for it to be severe. It might be bacterial and you could be better in 24-48 hours with meds. I am good at telling others to do these things but don't follow my own advice. I hate antibiotics and avoid at all costs. I believe they just weaken my already trashed immune system for months after. I will take them when I absolutely have to, but I need lots of proof that it is necessary.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you should make a visit to the medical folks. 8 days is a long time for it to be severe. It might be bacterial and you could be better in 24-48 hours with meds. I am good at telling others to do these things but don't follow my own advice. I hate antibiotics and avoid at all costs. I believe they just weaken my already trashed immune system for months after. I will take them when I absolutely have to, but I need lots of proof that it is necessary.

take a probiotic with them :)

keeps the "good bacteria" healthy, and the baddies subdued

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
take a probiotic with them :)

keeps the "good bacteria" healthy, and the baddies subdued
I take one in the morning and night and add yogurt when I am on antibiotics. Antibiotics can make one susceptible to opportunistic virus infections. I seldom get sick with anything. I believe it is God's way of letting me off the hook since I am in chronic pain with the fibro etc. If I take an antibiotic, I am fighting one thing after another for several months after. I am weird medically. Never respond the way I should.

Who am I kidding? I am just plain weird.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I take one in the morning and night and add yogurt when I am on antibiotics. Antibiotics can make one susceptible to opportunistic virus infections. I seldom get sick with anything. I believe it is God's way of letting me off the hook since I am in chronic pain with the fibro etc. If I take an antibiotic, I am fighting one thing after another for several months after. I am weird medically. Never respond the way I should.

Who am I kidding? I am just plain weird.

you are, but we lurve you :hearts:

VU Sponsors