first france invaded vietnam
the french made pork baguettes with duck pate
then left
the vietnamese kept making them
but added rice flour to crunchy up the rolls, cilantro and chilli

Those crafty Vietnamese….
Love/hate with cilantro.
Like it but find it VERY overpowering.
Brown Dave is working me through it. It involves overdosing on it a couple of times.

Think I’m going to make smoked shotgun shells this weekend. It involves bacon so you know it’s good…..and no cilantro. And it can be made in unlimited varieties….whatever floats your boat kind of treat.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i adore cilantro

which aussies actually call coriander. But i translated to your native tongue

I have a jar of coriander but had no idea it was cilantro.
Hmmm….

Definitely smoked shotgun shells this weekend. Decided on ground beef, Italian sausage, chorizo, ghost pepper and Parmesan cheese……….jalapeño/Serrano peppers………..onion…………..and whatever else that tickles me during prep time. And BACON. LOTS OF BACON . Bacon wrapped from 1 end of the manicotti tube to the other and a bacon cap covering each end. Famous Dave’s devil spit bbq sauce…….and some healthy asparagus to offset the bacon.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm….

Definitely smoked shotgun shells this weekend. Decided on ground beef, Italian sausage, chorizo, ghost pepper and Parmesan cheese……….jalapeño/Serrano peppers………..onion…………..and whatever else that tickles me during prep time. And BACON. LOTS OF BACON . Bacon wrapped from 1 end of the manicotti tube to the other and a bacon cap covering each end. Famous Dave’s devil spit bbq sauce…….and some healthy asparagus to offset the bacon.
Asparagus also has the advantage of making your pee really pungent. It stinks

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm….

No cilantro for me 😳

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hawkie tell me again about your knee.
whatever it is you gave it to me.
Had MRI diagnosed today, bad stuffs
Will be making appointment for full knee replacement.
Well, after 2 shoulders and other knee, this makes all 4 done.
whoop.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hawkie tell me again about your knee.
whatever it is you gave it to me.
Had MRI diagnosed today, bad stuffs
Will be making appointment for full knee replacement.
Well, after 2 shoulders and other knee, this makes all 4 done.
whoop.

My foot/heel. Originally thought planters or bone spur. Finally got in to see a foot and ankle guy and now it’s looking like a nerve issue. Nowhere near as sexy as what you got going on.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
Will he offer me his mouth?
Yes
Will he offer me his teeth?
Yes
Will he offer me his jaws?
Yes
Will he offer me his hunger?
Yes
Again, will he offer me his hunger?
Yes!
And will he starve without me?
Yes!
And does he love me?
Yes
Yes
On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
Yes
I bet you say that to all the boys

Meatloaf - "You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth"

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw meatloaf circa 1977 for 98 cents at the Omaha music hall.
Very large dude did a flying belly flop on a grand piano then proceeded to put on a very good show.
Inquiring minds want to know: How many pennies did they have to keep on hand to make change? If they had any cents, I mean sense, they would have made it an even buck to save themselves the trouble.

Inquiring minds also want to know: Did the grand piano survive? Or did the belly flop turn it into a pile of kindling? And how does someone like that manage to get off the ground high enough to do a flying belly flop onto a grand piano anyway?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don’t let your meatloaf.

I saw meatloaf circa 1977 for 98 cents at the Omaha music hall.
Very large dude did a flying belly flop on a grand piano then proceeded to put on a very good show.

Just felt y’all needed to know that.
He is most known here for doing the AFL Grand Final pregame entertainment

He was terrible. It was mostly because he couldn't hear himself. But it was terrible

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Inquiring minds want to know: How many pennies did they have to keep on hand to make change? If they had any cents, I mean sense, they would have made it an even buck to save themselves the trouble.

Inquiring minds also want to know: Did the grand piano survive? Or did the belly flop turn it into a pile of kindling? And how does someone like that manage to get off the ground high enough to do a flying belly flop onto a grand piano anyway?

Piano survived and it was $.98 but you payin a dollar. They didn’t make change.
Saw lots of bands for a buck. Usually 3 bands. Many of them were local bands but then we got to see other bands before, or right when they were becoming big. For a buck I saw meatloaf, Eddie money, journey, montrose, Van Halen and others that are fogged in my brain for some reason.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Piano survived and it was $.98 but you payin a dollar. They didn’t make change.
Saw lots of bands for a buck. Usually 3 bands. Many of them were local bands but then we got to see other bands before, or right when they were becoming big. For a buck I saw meatloaf, Eddie money, journey, montrose, Van Halen and others that are fogged in my brain for some reason.
Oh, yep, “some reason” 🤣🤣🤣

VU Sponsors