Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, Momma Saint starts Consolidation Chemo tomorrow. A week of chemo everyday and two or three weeks without. Not sure how long we have to do it. Maybe up until the Transplant. Getting a little nervous at this point but I'm trying to stay positive.

Please avoid the latter. I think you just described cutting better than anyone I have known, and having over 30 years working in Psych, I have heard many descriptions. It's hard to learn to talk about feelings but I am a good listener.
I sometimes can have a bit of a dry/dark sense of humor. Just to be clear, no actual cutting. Well, not on purpose, I do tend to work with alot of sharp stuff throughout the day but any self harm is purely accidental. Luckily those slips and drops are few and far between for the most part.
1444235964-popcorn-hoodie.jpg

This works quite well with a bowl of cereal I am told.
and I can keep my shirt on! Nice option for winter lol
She is saint. Glow has been there for many of my dramas

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk
Definitely keeping that in mind. It's a long road ahead and I have a feeling I'll need it.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, Momma Saint starts Consolidation Chemo tomorrow. A week of chemo everyday and two or three weeks without. Not sure how long we have to do it. Maybe up until the Transplant. Getting a little nervous at this point but I'm trying to stay positive.

I sometimes can have a bit of a dry/dark sense of humor. Just to be clear, no actual cutting. Well, not on purpose, I do tend to work with alot of sharp stuff throughout the day but any self harm is purely accidental. Luckily those slips and drops are few and far between for the most part.

Definitely keeping that in mind. It's a long road ahead and I have a feeling I'll need it.
Prayers for your mom's success in the months/years to come. May she be victorious in her fight against cancer.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sorry. My bad for misinterpreting. I still say that is the best description of "cutting" and the reasons for it that I have ever heard. I shared it with a former "cutter" and she said "That's spot on!". May help therapists understand why "cutting" is a release.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought mumma saint was on the improve? I am unfamiliar with the processes involved, I guess I just assumed coming home was better news

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry. My bad for misinterpreting. I still say that is the best description of "cutting" and the reasons for it that I have ever heard. I shared it with a former "cutter" and she said "That's spot on!". May help therapists understand why "cutting" is a release.
Your all good lol I can see how it can be misinterpreted. The closest thing I have is my scar tattoo from years ago. I preferred the idea of a 2 minute tat to a million needle pokes.

My thinking was probably way off, I was pretty deep into opiates when I did it. But I haven't taken anything I wasn't prescribed in at least 5 years and I take everything as prescribed. I turned into a good lil d**bie

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought mumma saint was on the improve? I am unfamiliar with the processes involved, I guess I just assumed coming home was better news

Oh yeah she is, but leukemia is one that once you get it, you always have to worry about it coming back. Last time she went two years between diagnoses. With the bone marrow transplant we're hoping for at least ten years AML free.

If I remember correctly the chemo will supress her immune system so that her body doesn't attack the donors stem cells. After the transplant the donors immune system takes over.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah she is, but leukemia is one that once you get it, you always have to worry about it coming back. Last time she went two years between diagnoses. With the bone marrow transplant we're hoping for at least ten years AML free.

If I remember correctly the chemo will supress her immune system so that her body doesn't attack the donors stem cells. After the transplant the donors immune system takes over.
All the best to Momma Saint :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did she go places on her own before the first fall or did you go with her?
Before first fall in August, she'd been getting me to do her shopping for about a month.

Prior to that though, she'd go visit sisters across town, or get trains to places 2 hours away.

Now, if she checks the mail it is big news.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey dog, are there etiquette guidelines or ethics regarding taking pics of random people out in public?

I snapped a pic of a woman getting ready to go running while Karen and I were out walking. We discussed the creepy factor of doing that. I just thought it was a cool shot. Should you ask permission or is out in public fair game?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey dog, are there etiquette guidelines or ethics regarding taking pics of random people out in public?

I snapped a pic of a woman getting ready to go running while Karen and I were out walking. We discussed the creepy factor of doing that. I just thought it was a cool shot. Should you ask permission or is out in public fair game?

20 years ago, i could have answered that

used to be common sense, like not in schools or private dwellings

then camera phones complicated things with weirdos taking up-skirt pics sneakily, so everything changed

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20 years ago, i could have answered that

used to be common sense, like not in schools or private dwellings

then camera phones complicated things with weirdos taking up-skirt pics sneakily, so everything changed

23a8e4a1318422ee6bacbb362e6d8a78.jpg
if I asked first, I'd have lost the candid nature of the moment. I could also understand someone being upset if they saw a pic of themselves online.
I welcome everyone's opinion on this. (Not so much the pic quality, but the intrusiveness.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Done with the er, or, icu, ambulance ride, or and icu, but still in the hospital. At least the second drain is coming out today. Pneumonia sucks. ..

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
Whoa!
I guess it's appropriate to say that I'm glad you're still with us.
My apologies to your daughter for bugging her. We were all just worried.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I welcome everyone's opinion on this.

I like the pic, it captures the emergence of springtime nicely. As far as whether it is intrusive or not, I would say no, it isn't. You shouldn't have any real expectation of privacy in a public place like that and besides, your pic is totally benign. It's not like you were focused in on a particular portion of her body using some kind of telephoto lens. That would be creepy, yours is fine IMHO.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the pic, it captures the emergence of springtime nicely. As far as whether it is intrusive or not, I would say no, it isn't. You shouldn't have any real expectation of privacy in a public place like that and besides, your pic is totally benign. It's not like you were focused in on a particular portion of her body using some kind of telephoto lens. That would be creepy, yours is fine IMHO.

Damn, i was going for creepy!

Not really.

I've always been a people watcher and always see moments you think would make a good pic. But now I have a camera and just feel weird about taking the pics.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whoa!
I guess it's appropriate to say that I'm glad you're still with us.
My apologies to your daughter for bugging her. We were all just worried.

It's all good. Didn't realize how bad it was until the ambulance ride.
Damn, i was going for creepy!

Not really.

I've always been a people watcher and always see moments you think would make a good pic. But now I have a camera and just feel weird about taking the pics.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning y'all!

22, I don't think that picture is creepy, have to go with haze, you weren't focusing on skin or certain parts etc. Seemed like a good shot to me.
Yeah, but if that was a pic of you and you didn't know it had been taken and then a friend of yours shows you the pic they saw on fb of you, would you feel violated and creeped out?

That's what I'm struggling with.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, but if that was a pic of you and you didn't know it had been taken and then a friend of yours shows you the pic they saw on fb of you, would you feel violated and creeped out?

Hmm good point... Not sure honestly. Probably would feel a bit weird... And talking directly to someone to ask to take their picture or tell them you did would REALLY be creepy

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I'm prone to taking pics, and feel I should point out how most girls are excessively self conscious about their bottoms. This girl has a nice bottom, I looked at it. But she probably doesn't think so

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm prone to taking pics, and feel I should point out how most girls are excessively self conscious about their bottoms. This girl has a nice bottom, I looked at it. But she probably doesn't think so

Explaining to my wife that I took the pic because it was a cool shot was met with some skepticism. I stand by my reasoning. But yeah, she has a nice butt.

VU Sponsors