Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Grannybear, so pretty, and knowledgeable about sports

Keith, so good at golf

Hawkie... ... Tell herk that I love him
I’ll take that.

We bought an air fryer yesterday. I’ve wanted one for a while, but it wasn’t mamabears idea so we’ve never gotten one. The other day she had an air fryer revelation so now we have one.

I think I’m going to use it a lot. We experimented with frozen breaded mushroom last night and they came out crispy and good. Going to check out some YouTube’s on it today to figure out the nuances of it cuz the instructions basically said “plug it in. Cook shit”.

I already feel healthier. My clothes are just hanging on me and I look 15 years younger.
Rawr.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty sure that you are still trending forward, hawkie

15 younger, but at least 20 older too

In a sexy way. Rawr. That is distinguished
No,no,no....actually feeling an age REVERSAL.
little secret I was going to keep to myself...I have stumbled upon a magical elixir.
Remember that fountain of youth that Ponce de Leon was looking for? I’ve found it. In a can. secretly hidden in plain sight everywhere.

Diet Dr. Pepper cream soda.
you can thank me later.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Max Duffy, who briefly played for the Fremantle Dockers, apparently did good things in college feetsball this week.
Had to look him up.
He punts for Kentucky. He did a little jig to avoid getting his punt blocked and then punted it. He seemed pretty athletic. Lots of punters aren’t very athletic.
most punters have a cigarette hanging out of their mouth and a natty light tall boy on the turf about 5 yards behind them.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had to look him up.
He punts for Kentucky. He did a little jig to avoid getting his punt blocked and then punted it. He seemed pretty athletic. Lots of punters aren’t very athletic.
most punters have a cigarette hanging out of their mouth and a natty light tall boy on the turf about 5 yards behind them.
"sold the dummy"

in AFL, he'd probably change direction more. But you guys can't run backwards in your game

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spoken like a true sup’. But someone has to stand there acting like they know what they’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spent a large portion of my early days as a construction superintendent for several commercial contractors. I can supervise the installation of a light bulb like no other. I found that a 2 man bulb installation labor team to be optimal for the simple fact that my bulb installation mantra was “lefty loosey, righty tighty”.
with a 2 man team they each only had to remember 1 directive. With most construction personnel, only having to remember 1 thing was the best course of action. A typical bulb replacement would go like this....

me: Ok guys. we need to replace that light bulb.

At this point my 2 electricians, Billy bob and Cletus, would start looking
around the restaurant ....under tables or out the window until I would clear
my throat and point at the ceiling at said bulb. This usually brought a huge
Grin to Billy Bobs face. Not sure why but it did.

Me: You guys wait right here while I roll my supervisory podium over here and
pull the new bulb out of new bulb storage.

Billy Bob and Cletus would immediately head for lunch, even if it was 8:30
a.m. because what they heard was “let’s have lunch”.
Sometime around 11:00 they would return. Usually wearing different pants
for some strange reason but I had learned not to ask.
Cletus would point out that they didn’t get their 10:00 am break so by
union rules I had to allow a 15 minute break. 45 minutes later they would
Return and point out that it was nearly noon and they were going to begin
Their pre-break union ritual. The next hour and a half or so there would be
Gunfire and laughter out back by the dumpsters but by 2:00 they would
be back inside and actually somewhat pumped up and ready for work.
Being the superintendent extraordinair(sp) that I was, I would have the
bulb out from storage, my supervisory podium and microphone in place
And a 2 man ladder set up in the proper place.

Me: Ok guys....ready to replace that bulb?

Looking under tables and out the windows. Throat clearing and pointing,
Billy Bob grinning.

But eventually they would be in place. I would turn on my microphone and supervise with precision. I would instruct...”Cletus...remove the bad bulb.Lefty loosey.......no...your other left”. then I would say, “Billy Bob...new bulb please..righty tightly”. And like magic a new 100 watt bulb would be professionally installed with the precision that only 2 highly skilled, highly paid union electricians could accomplish.

quittin time and another productive day in the restaurant build/remodel industry.
2 union sparkys and me installing 1 light bulb. Total cost just under $4,000 labor AND materials.

And that, boys and girls, is why a Hardee’s hamburger costs you $9.89.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The extra hand compared to normal introduces twice as many variables. So twice as complex
I had a completely different answer....involving a smiling Cletus, grannybears and snowflake bikers and an ass kicking Baptist preacher.

I might tend to overthink shiate.
Or not really think at all.....

jello!!!!!!

Last edited:

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The extra hand compared to normal introduces twice as many variables. So twice as complex
This seems algebraic.
is this mathy or philosophical?
If it’s mathy I’m lost. If it’s philosophical like “if a tree fell in the Forrest.....and landed on my father in law, would anybody give a shiate”?

I need context....in a low brow, cro magnum kinda way.

or pictures. I like pictures.....and chocolate.
pictures and chocolate.

Last edited:

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am assuming that feetsball is back to being stupid, and winning streaks ended?

Off season here. Apparently hawks players are in trouble for repeatedly sending unsolicited wang pics to young ladies.

3 time premiership coach Dimma left his wife for someone who looks the same but younger. She is a administrative assistant at his feetsball club the tigers

An ex club doctor for my Doggies is in court for just writing random prescriptions for anyone and everyone

None of which really counts as preseason training. But I guess that strong groin muscles can't hurt feetsball skills?

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am assuming that feetsball is back to being stupid, and winning streaks ended?

Off season here. Apparently hawks players are in trouble for repeatedly sending unsolicited wang pics to young ladies.

3 time premiership coach Dimma left his wife for someone who looks the same but younger. She is a administrative assistant at his feetsball club the tigers

An ex club doctor for my Doggies is in court for just writing random prescriptions for anyone and everyone

None of which really counts as preseason training. But I guess that strong groin muscles can't hurt feetsball skills?
All wang pics are solicited.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors