DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
38b6beea830a8364e54a91a9c0ed9b7a.jpg

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your determination and bravery in that heroic endeavor will undoubtedly be remembered for generations to come….songs will be written.…spoken of around campfires…t-shirts printed with your image…..and I can proudly say “I knew DogMan when”…
Simply amazing.

They camera angles almost made me tip over 🤪

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To medical staff of my care team

I am not medically trained. The following is based on a layman’s understanding of tobacco addiction, not limited to nicotine

Nicotine as the primary compound associated with tobacco addiction and dependence came from a Surgeon General’s report in the USA. The vast majority of study around tobacco dependence focus on nicotine

But, in addition to nicotine, tobacco also contains 5 minor alkaloids anabasine, nornicotine, anatabine, cotinine and myosmine. These alkaloids are psychoactive, and account for disparity of nicotine as stimulant, and anecdotal accounts of relaxation

The alkaloid profile of tobacco depends on the individual plant, but is usually around 92% of the alkaloid profile as nicotine, and the remaining 8% as the 5 minor alkaloids

There is also apparently a very slight inhibition of monoamine oxidase A

As with other things, I don’t have a science background. This is just layman reading on the subject

Up until around 2019, there were 5 vape liquid manufacturers in the USA who produced “Whole Tobacco Alkaloids” or “WTA” or full spectrum vape fluid. With the USA Deeming Regulations and increased controls, all but 1 shut down. The remaining 1, Mother’s Milk WTA, label theirs as “For research purposes” on the bottle, to cheat regulations. They were always the lowest quality of the 5 companies

In 2020, the Australian Government closed the loophole in the SUSMP Poisons Schedule, which allowed importation of nicotine, provided it wasn’t labelled “For therapeutic use” and made no health claims. Liquid nicotine for vaping was then by prescription only, with added fine print that nicotine is the only permissible active ingredient in vape fluid. Which effectively banned WTA even by prescription

So, from early 2020, I began weaning both nicotine and WTA. 2019, I vaped 5% nicotine plus 0.9% WTA (Comprised of 92% Nicotine and 8% Minor Alkaloids anabasine, nornicotine, anatabine, cotinine and myosmine)

By 2022, armed with a few litres of 500mg/ml or 50% nicotine in my freezer, and a decent supply of 3.6% WTA from Aroma e-cig, I had weaned to 3.35% nicotine and no WTA in my vape

The timeline recently occurred to me, and i thought back to trying to wean the same in 2014, I think after a Senate Enquiry into nicotine vaping. In 2014, I weaned to 12mg/ml or 1.2% nicotine, and abandoned the endeavour owing to rage, irritability, and intrusive thoughts

I have recently experimented with some Swedish Snus from my freezer, and dripping some WTA eliquid in my vape again. Each time, I have had blissful relief from the intrusive thoughts and rage

I started smoking aged 12. After growing up with parents smoking inside, and during pregnancy

I just figured this was worth a mention. As I said, I don’t have a scientific understanding of it, but have read studies and participate vaping forums

I know that Dr Jon is very against vaping, despite RANZCP official stance https://www.ranzcp.org/news-policy/...sition-statements/e-cigarettes-and-vaporisers

Dan

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What does the expression building bridges mean?

There was a bridge building frenzy here and the locals spent 2 years erecting signs saying "Say no to bridges" then they built the bridges and the locals complained that the bridges blocked the view of the bay and the property is now worth less than before

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe the time has come for a tiktok channel with hawkie slowly cruising in his truck with goph youthfully pelvic thrusting in the tray with minimal pain?
I like the way you think.
Do I get morphine too even if I’m driving?
Never had morphine but been there when others have. Not sure I’d be a big fan.
I was given Dilauded (sp) once with broken ribs. 😵‍💫 ribs stopped hurting..lol

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to the new and improved GB V1.5!

I didn't get home until 3:30. I assumed my surgery would be at 7:30 based on my 5:30 arrival time, but it didn't happen until a little after 9AM. Woke up in the recovery room around 12 noon then taken to the first room I was in. Since I had an epidural I was still numb including the 'boys' who are just now waking up (TMI I know).

They gave me lunch shortly after, a turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and mayo with some sliced apples and cranapple juice. I've had worse hospital food. When the numbing subsided in my legs and I could stand on them they called my wife to pick me up. I was able to get into the car a lot easier than I could this morning! I was even able to put my right foot on the dash just using my leg muscles for elevation. No way in hell could I do that before! I'm walking around the house using a walker without much pain as well.

The most annoying thing is the wound pump. Every 30 seconds or so it will activate with a sound that will drive me crazier than normal.

Anyway I'm happy it's done and now to recuperating!

Pain pills have a codeine in them and I ain't sharing. They are mine, mine, mine! RAWR

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the new and improved GB V1.5!

I didn't get home until 3:30. I assumed my surgery would be at 7:30 based on my 5:30 arrival time, but it didn't happen until a little after 9AM. Woke up in the recovery room around 12 noon then taken to the first room I was in. Since I had an epidural I was still numb including the 'boys' who are just now waking up (TMI I know).

They gave me lunch shortly after, a turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and mayo with some sliced apples and cranapple juice. I've had worse hospital food. When the numbing subsided in my legs and I could stand on them they called my wife to pick me up. I was able to get into the car a lot easier than I could this morning! I was even able to put my right foot on the dash just using my leg muscles for elevation. No way in hell could I do that before! I'm walking around the house using a walker without much pain as well.

The most annoying thing is the wound pump. Every 30 seconds or so it will activate with a sound that will drive me crazier than normal.

Anyway I'm happy it's done and now to recuperating!

Pain pills have a codeine in them and I ain't sharing. They are mine, mine, mine! RAWR
Glad it went well and little pain.
get in shape….we racing on Labor Day. Once around the track, straight to the oxygen tent then to an all you can eat sumpin.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like the way you think.
Do I get morphine too even if I’m driving?
Never had morphine but been there when others have. Not sure I’d be a big fan.
I was given Dilauded (sp) once with broken ribs. ribs stopped hurting..lol

I had quite a bit when I had my surgery. I remember going to the icu on Saturday and waking up the following Wednesday when they took my tube out. I didn’t know it was from a ventilator until the missus told me later.
The stuff they had me hooked up to for the next week wasn’t as potent, but I did have a button to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's what she said

Gnight
She said that you would say that she said that….
but we both know that’s what she said…in her she shed….

I think grannybears lost a bet and had to go to NYC. Thats where you go if you lose a bet. Maybe she’s a big city girl. I’d rather be hit with a brick than go there ever again. Been there at least 20 times and hated it every time. I’m a country bumpkin.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She said that you would say that she said that….
but we both know that’s what she said…in her she shed….

I think grannybears lost a bet and had to go to NYC. Thats where you go if you lose a bet. Maybe she’s a big city girl. I’d rather be hit with a brick than go there ever again. Been there at least 20 times and hated it every time. I’m a country bumpkin.
I think that I am almost picking up anti NY vibes?

VU Sponsors