Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@SirKadly we've obviously interacted in the "Squonkers are bonkers" thread. I started that thread before VU had a dedicated squonk subforum

The title was from a non squonk vaper commenting on squonks being ridiculously expensive at the time
Yeah, I spent a fair amount of time there back in 2016, 2017. Before I drifted away from the forums for awhile. Read quite a bit, don't really remember posting much. Still use a Coppervape from time to time, have 8 I think, including an original copper one. That one just sits in the box, might need to pull it out, clean it up, and use it as a desk mod.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh Doggie I’m so sorry. Leg-wrappin hugs 😘
I'm OK, granny

She's 71. Her first big scare was early 50s with her first stroke. We've known for a long time that she's on borrowed time

Eldest sister is a trojan. She's an aged care nurse, so is doing most the not fun stuff

Youngest sister is broken

I don't have contact with other sister

Her grandkids are just stunned

I've just been taking comfort. Pyjamas, kindle, bakery slices... just shit. But comfort is important

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here’s my shitty day.
going to my sons house.
list of things I get to do:
replace app. 25 lineal feet of concrete in the basement.
replace/repair a roof turbine
replace a section of ridge cap(roofing)

One would think that growing up watching the old man being awesome and doing all of these kinds of things would rub off on him and things like this would be second nature……….NOPE.
Recently learned that the second step on a ladder is 1 step beyond his comfort zone.
recently learned that he thinks mixing concrete and pudding are similar.
recently learned that he thinks I live to do these things for him.
to be fair he can kick my ass at that video game thing where you wear a headset and punch at the air…I suck at that.
and to be fair, the plumber that saw cut the concrete and replaced the cast iron pipe in the basement quoted $1,500 to do the concrete repair…my labor is free and the concrete cost was $80.

can anyone top my shitty day?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She's s not pining, she's passed on. This DogMum is no more. She has ceased to be. She's expired and gone to meet her maker. This is a late DogMum. She's's a stiff. Bereft of life, she rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed her to the perch, she would be pushing up the daisies. She's s rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-DogMum

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She's s not pining, she's passed on. This DogMum is no more. She has ceased to be. She's expired and gone to meet her maker. This is a late DogMum. She's's a stiff. Bereft of life, she rests in peace. If you hadn't nailed her to the perch, she would be pushing up the daisies. She's s rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-DogMum
Hugs, bakery slices, kindle, and everything else for comfort. I’m really sorry. Glad one sister is ok, sorry for other and the kids. Love and hugs 😢🥰

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So sorry.

1709431545913.png

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So sorry for your loss Dog.
I’ve said a prayer for your mom, you and your family.
you all will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only about 2 weeks until footy season

Mum's team was the Saint Kilda Saints, who haven't won a premiership since their solitary flag in the 60s. More wooden spoons (Finishing last) than any other team

I hope they do well this year for her

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only about 2 weeks until footy season

Mum's team was the Saint Kilda Saints, who haven't won a premiership since their solitary flag in the 60s. More wooden spoons (Finishing last) than any other team

I hope they do well this year for her

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my sister, shaz visited this morning

mostly to collect paperwork for the prepaid funeral

it was nice

i told her what mum had discussed with me over 12 years of living here about funerals

so the funeral will be minimal, just gathering at the cemetery with no piffle

then a catch up at the rsl

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
my sister, shaz visited this morning

mostly to collect paperwork for the prepaid funeral

it was nice

i told her what mum had discussed with me over 12 years of living here about funerals

so the funeral will be minimal, just gathering at the cemetery with no piffle

then a catch up at the rsl

My mom and I discuss her funeral every time we meet………cuz she doesn’t remember that we’ve talked about it and gone over it a hundred times.
I try to be understanding because mom is 93 but it does get trying at times.
All of our phone calls are repeats of the same conversations that we’ve just had and my daily call from her is right at supper time. She always says I bet I called right when you’re eating. I always say yep…we eat at this time every night.
but I still have her and I’m thankful for that.

I bet she tells her friends where she lives that I’m a shitty little focker….lol

VU Sponsors