Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Incidentally, it took until game 6 but the Indiana Fever finally won a game, beating (barely) the Los Angeles Sparks last night. Caitlin Clark is putting out respectable numbers (actually better than respectable, looking at rookie stats since the WNBA began) for a rookie, so I'm not sure why the media keeps talking about how disapointing it is that she hasn't led the team to victory until now.

#1 Ummm...she's a rookie, why would she be expected to "lead" the team anywhere?

#2 She was the Number One Overall Draft Pick. Do these idiots commenting on the disappointing performance so far understand who gets the Number One Overall Draft Pick? The WORST friggin team in the league, that's who, and the first 4 games were against two of the best teams, so OF COURSE the Fever lost those games.

#3 Moving from college to pro is a big frigging deal, did they think she'd be hitting as many threes in her first year in the pros as she did in her last year of college? Michael Jordan didn't play as well his first year in the NBA as he did at UNC, so...

I'm hoping the morons will stop being so negative now that the losing streak is broken.
Amen brother 😊

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Added a metric cup of 40 hour lamb broth. Some apple cider vinegar and a dash of red wine vinegar. Foiled and back in

e1f6bf804ae2cdd93c97f9b8a9ab1927.jpg
6b1c75527a3c64e23a981561c7b5cf26.jpg
ff98a93c793a57c7a4b7efd61bea1614.jpg

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sad

I'm just still coming to terms with granny's wordle loss 2 days ago
Huddy, Huddy, Huddy……..
What can I say….

The ribs looked good. Cinnamon and nutmeg are 2 things I’ve never tried on a rib. Wouldn’t be surprised if some of the commercial rubs I’ve bought had them in it. I’ve got my 1 go to commercial rub..Fat Boys all purpose and then my under rub of SPOG (salt, pepper Onion powder, Garlic powder). SPOG gets used on many other things in varying amounts. Wife says she can’t stand the SPOG…..when she knows I’m using it……wife eats SPOG all the time without realizing it….lol…

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
16 mesh black pepper, Kosher salt, and granulated garlic are the base for most rubs. In central Texas BBQ that's pretty much all they use except for maybe some Lowry's Seasoned Salt on brisket. And with brisket I mean a full packer brisket with the point and the flat. Like spareribs, it ain't the same with just the flat.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
16 mesh black pepper, Kosher salt, and granulated garlic are the base for most rubs. In central Texas BBQ that's pretty much all they use except for maybe some Lowry's Seasoned Salt on brisket. And with brisket I mean a full packer brisket with the point and the flat. Like spareribs, it ain't the same with just the flat.
I like Texas bbq. Simple but eloquent.
I also like KC bbq and Carolina bbq. And Memphis….etc…
I like bbq. New Korean bbq joint coming to Omaha…bet I like that too.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Having been to South Korea, you will be surprised with what you get if it is true to form. It tastes really good, but nothing like any American BBQ
Yeah….coworker is a fan and going to take me and walk me through it.

You ever slather yellow mustard on a rib prior to smoking?
No mustard flavor but helps create a nice bark. When I do it I slather it on between the under rub and the over rub.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah….coworker is a fan and going to take me and walk me through it.

You ever slather yellow mustard on a rib prior to smoking?
No mustard flavor but helps create a nice bark. When I do it I slather it on between the under rub and the over rub.
I've never been a fan of the slather. I prefer to let the smoke do the talking and barking. I won't turn it down if given to me, I just don't use it myself.

In the wrap I'll use ACV with ribs, butter and herbs with turkey, and just beef tallow with brisket.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never been a fan of the slather. I prefer to let the smoke do the talking and barking. I won't turn it down if given to me, I just don't use it myself.

In the wrap I'll use ACV with ribs, butter and herbs with turkey, and just beef tallow with brisket.

I’ve only done brisket one time. Turned out good but to be honest I used a cheap point cut. When I do it again I’ll go flat or whole.
I also smoke a lot of pork loins and pork butts. Butts are affordable and awesome. I do a lot of injecting when I do a butt. That container of garlic butter stuff that comes with domino’s pizza is great as an injectable. I’ll put 2or 3 in a butt along with other things.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When you buy a brisket buy Choice grade at least. If you can afford it buy Prime grade. More fat=more flavor and tenderness. Costco is a good place to look if you are a member.

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sure, nobody defend my honour

Depending on your frame of reference, 26 seconds is a really long time
Agreed, 26 seconds can feel like an eternity under the right circumstances. Such as when you are waiting to leave work on your last day before a long holiday. Or when you are stuck on the phone listening to hold music that was generated from a Miley Cyrus song.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m surfacing from babysitting at kids house for 3 days and 2 nights…
1. At 9 and 7 they’re the most self sufficient kids ever
2 We ran them ragged at ranch with bikes and swim party 3 hours in neighbor pool.
3. Thank god for 2 tvs. I had sports on 24/7 and they had kid stuffs. We was lazy 🙃
4. They go to bed easily ❤️
5. I’m tired.

VU Sponsors