Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX 200.

gtrovil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So looking at the autopsy photos and I don't get it. Is the polarity not well marked? I guess maybe it could be a low light/vision issue . Until you see the evidence of the mismarked battery sled. Someone clearly looked at it and decided those pluses and minuses were fibbing.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
39c6b1e09acacf5a8fd8a94cbe61b1bc.jpg

VAPE ON

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So looking at the autopsy photos and I don't get it. Is the polarity not well marked? I guess maybe it could be a low light/vision issue . Until you see the evidence of the mismarked battery sled. Someone clearly looked at it and decided those pluses and minuses were fibbing.

Ok, I want to put this delicatley. Although I haven't analyzed the white marking material with a mass spectrometer, it looks like whiteout. Draw what conclusion from that what you will. (<-- small pun there)

I do not know who put it there, or under what ciruimstances. Its possible the owner didn't, and the individual who did the faceplate swap did it. I would like to think that the marking was well intentioned, but perhaps poorly executed.

I appreciate it being contributed, and mentioned I would post the findings here, so for all I know the owner is following this thread.

Lets not dwell on who murdered who's mod, the point is, put the batts in correctly. and learn from the aftermath.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok! I guess she has worked through her loss, and has decided to allow me help her RX live on, by donating it to the Reuleaux Research Foundation. I assured her it will be treated with dignity, and that I accept a "duty of care".

An autopsy will be performed, and the findings posted here.

Afterwards, it will be placed into a state of suspended animation, in a cryogenic chamber filled with liquid nitrogen, awaiting reserection at a later time when technology has reached the point it may be cured, or it will be put into my parts box. Whichever is easiest.
What you mean you didn't place it in FROZEN-CARBONITE ?

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
hey folks, quick question...
would it be alright to put the 3 batteries from the rx into the dna 200 and charge them in the dna mod and put them back into the rx for use

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hey folks, quick question...
would it be alright to put the 3 batteries from the rx into the dna 200 and charge them in the dna mod and put them back into the rx for use
I'd say that would be dicey at best.
Your best option is always going to be to use a standard charger and to keep them paired up.If you are charging them do not charge up anything else at the same time either that is bad pairing jojo.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FLASH PRIORITY TRAFFIC

Preliminary autopsy findings are in.

External examination answered the obvious question as to why an employee of a vape shop simply did not return the RX for warranty. The RX was black, and turquoise in color. Wismec does not make a black, and turquoise RX. It was in fact evident that a voided warranty was present, as a result of cosmetic part swaperoo, to use the technical term.

Although warranty voiding might sometimes be a reliable indicator of death by gross negligence, the proceedure of swapping faceplates is a simple one, already mentioned here several times, and although possible, not at this stage a likely cause.

Turning the RX face down, I proceeded to expose the battery bay. Red flag!

battbay-jpg.37933

Somebody, incorrectly marked battery polarity.

Proceeding to the internal examination, screws were removed, wires postions were recorded then severed and the PCB exposed. Examination of all wires revealed no defect, and displayed continuity when tested. Solder connections were no work of art, but proved secure, and conductive.

Inspection with 10X magnification on the anterior/display side of the board revealed no obvious anomalies.

A distinct odor of burntyness was however radiating from the board. The screws were removed and the board was excised from the body cavity.

Upon commencing inspection of the posteriour aspect of the board with 10X magnification, anonamalies were detected.
View attachment 37894

Pictured is the failed component under "D4"

This is not a large component. Somewhat small actually. OK, its fucking tiny! How tiny you ask?

View attachment 37895

A pinhead gives some idea of scale. It was so incinerated, I could not find any numbers on it.

Conclusion, preliminary findings indicate cause of death catastrophic component failure dur to incorrect battery installation. Manner of death is found to be negligent modicide.

Apparently, Wismecs idea of "reverse polarity protection" is a diode, which throws itself on its own sword to prevent battery Armaggedon. Your mod however will likely not survive. Unknown is how long the batts were in the mod before the smoke was let out, but the take away here is DO NOT THINK YOUR MOD WILL SURVIVE REVERSE POLARITY INCIDENTS for any length of time. So, lets be carefull out there, unless you want your mod to end up on a table like this one has. RIP RX.

Haha! That's a funny reverse polarity protection lol. I do try to install batteries in the correct positions but sometimes stuff happens. But knowing what you uncovered I will be more mindfull with battery installation, thanx.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Can somebody @Whiskey @Huckleberried @UncleRJ @5150sick please please revoke @stevegmu membership?
please?
Cause I see another thread that's headed to the pit yet again because of his antics.

Hey Mr. Snake.

I feel your pain to the extent that I am taking time off from my "Circle Jerk" with the rest of the mods that stevegmu( or as I call him Magoo) according to him we spend all of our time doing, to shed some light.

Magoo is rapidly collecting a lot of points here on the Underground.

Just a few more and he can qualify to be a mod over on ECF.

Did this help at all?

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see no problem with doing that. They will all be charged in the same charger.
ok, so now I have a question on the whole battery charging bit....I have two chargers, one 2 bay and one 4 bay and I have been charging my two married sets at the same time, 2 in one and 4 in the other. Is this a major no-no?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
ok, so now I have a question on the whole battery charging bit....I have two chargers, one 2 bay and one 4 bay and I have been charging my two married sets at the same time, 2 in one and 4 in the other. Is this a major no-no?

As long as you charge/discharge your married pair at the same time you are golden!

Both batteries at the same time in a two bay charger, check.

Both batteries side by side at the same time in the 4 bay charger, check.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as they are all charged very close to 4.2v (4.19 to 4.21 depending on the charger) they will be fine.

If you run it till it hits low voltage cutoff, you may see issues if one of the 3 is an older or just more beat up weaker cell. The weak battery will drop voltage faster than the others and if taken to the bottom, you may take it further than the others and damage the cell... even more than it was before being the weak runt of the 3. This should be reading total voltage so it doesn't know if 2 cells are 3.2v and the other is 2.5v and it's reading the total as 3.0v. One cell just got hammered and internal resistance & capacity just got worse.

If you only vape it 2/3 of the way down it makes no difference and married cells are not really needed. Just cells that are close to the same in health and the same capacity.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As long as you charge/discharge your married pair at the same time you are golden!

Both batteries at the same time in a two bay charger, check.

Both batteries side by side at the same time in the 4 bay charger, check.
ok, indulge me as I am known to be a bit slow... I have 2 sets of 3 I am doing this with for my rx, as long as I am charging, and discharging at the same time I am good? I really don't want to turn my grenade looking rx into a functional one!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Mr. Snake.

I feel your pain to the extent that I am taking time off from my "Circle Jerk" with the rest of the mods that stevegmu( or as I call him Magoo) according to him we spend all of our time doing, to shed some light.

Magoo is rapidly collecting a lot of points here on the Underground.

Just a few more and he can qualify to be a mod over on ECF.

Did this help at all?
I could have sworn he was banned there...I've already had to have a calm down drink today...My bottle is going empty faster than usual it seems.Anyhow Thanks for the reply...Cheers!

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As long as they are all charged very close to 4.2v (4.19 to 4.21 depending on the charger) they will be fine.

If you run it till it hits low voltage cutoff, you may see issues if one of the 3 is an older or just more beat up weaker cell. The weak battery will drop voltage faster than the ityers and if taken to the bottom, you may take it further than the others and damage the cell... even more than it was before being the weak runt of the 3.

If you only vape it 2/3 of the way down it makes no difference and married cells are not really needed. Just cells that are close to the same in health and the same capacity.
thanks fq, that makes sense. All of my batteries are new and I never run them low, and alway charge them at the same time. I am probably just going to say fuck it and buy the luc6 so as to be extra safe!

thanks guys, I appreciate the help for a avid-newbie!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No that's fine as they are all paired up batteries.
What I mean is don't charge un-paired while charging paired.
In other words don't go charging singles in the same charger at the same time as paired

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok, indulge me as I am known to be a bit slow... I have 2 sets of 3 I am doing this with for my rx, as long as I am charging, and discharging at the same time I am good? I really don't want to turn my grenade looking rx into a functional one!
Bingo

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not charge 3 at a time in the 4 bay charger. I'm assuming you have 2 sets, 1 in the mod and the spare set. Am I misunderstanding?

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No that's fine as they are all paired up batteries.
What I mean is don't charge un-paired while charging paired.
In other words don't go charging singles in the same charger at the same time as paired
gotcha, thanks! :)

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why not charge 3 at a time in the 4 bay charger. I'm assuming you have 2 sets, 1 in the mod and the spare set. Am I misunderstanding?
I have more than two sets, I typically charge two while the third is in my mod.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The RX200 a $40 mod. The DNA200 version is $150. You're confusing the Reuleaux RX200 (uses a Joyetech chip) with the Reuleaux DNA200 (used Evolv's DNA200).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You see the real problem with Mr. Magoo is he's like a pro-wrestling script writer (Never lets the facts get in the way of a good story)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's just different... LOL

VAPE ON
No sir he's a waste of space and his continued existence just pisses me off.Every time I've had the displeasure of encountering 1 of his posts I come away feeling less human than I was before.
I truly believe he's ignorant and evil.
Generally speaking I wind up asking myself this here below with every word he's ever said.
pissed-off.gif

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And poof!!! he was gone. Faster than an exploding diode!

Never a maniacial mad monk of microchip mayhem around when you need one.

Oh well, at least he made us appreciate the Reuleaux DNA200 trolls more..... lol

Maybe he just needed a Mars bar.
Yep cause Snickers ain't near enough.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No sir he's a waste of space and his continued existence just pisses me off.Every time I've had the displeasure of encountering 1 of his posts I come away feeling less human than I was before.
Generally speaking I wind up asking myself this here below with every word he's ever said.

Stop beating around the bush, and sugar coating everything! How do you really feel? lol

What tipped the sales for me was the lack of any appology.

Drosion

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really like those RX200's with the three batteries. I have my vaporshark dna200 and it upsets me that it's charging more than I ever use it. Since it's always dead I have to use my other mod then I forget about the shark.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
pissed-off.gif
Tell us how you really feel and don't hold back. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors