Become a Patron!

Is vtc6 safe for my specific application?

• Total voters

D0ffrot

Member For 1 Year
Hi all! First post,
So I began building the other day ok n my aegis legend 200w. I have vtc5a as well as vtc6 batteries.

I've found regardless of resistance, I run around 85- maybe 105 watts normally for ideal vapor and flavor in either a .15 ohm coil in a tank, or usually about .24 or .18 on my RDA.

The reason I'm asking is the battery life is terrible with the vtc5a and the 6s are great, and I just read that the current discharge is actually 20Amps if under 80 degrees celsius.

Does this sound fine to keep using the 6s if I stay under 120 watts regardless of resistance?
Or should i really just carry around 3 sets of vtc5a with me all day everyday :/

(I notice no difference between how hard they hit)
Pleas, I'm so tired of formulas and math as latit's late. Just tell me I'd this seems appropriate lol.

Thank you all!

D0ffrot

Member For 1 Year
Hi all! First post,
So I began building the other day ok n my aegis legend 200w. I have vtc5a as well as vtc6 batteries.

I've found regardless of resistance, I run around 85- maybe 105 watts normally for ideal vapor and flavor in either a .15 ohm coil in a tank, or usually about .24 or .18 on my RDA.

The reason I'm asking is the battery life is terrible with the vtc5a and the 6s are great, and I just read that the current discharge is actually 20Amps if under 80 degrees celsius.

Does this sound fine to keep using the 6s if I stay under 120 watts regardless of resistance?
Or should i really just carry around 3 sets of vtc5a with me all day everyday :/

(I notice no difference between how hard they hit)
Pleas, I'm so tired of formulas and math as latit's late. Just tell me I'd this seems appropriate lol.

Thank you all!

Also!

voltage sag only comes into play when your batteries are near low, iirc?? Or your running it way too high of a watt for the amp draw??

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's all good.

Since the mod is regulated it should have protection.

Be sure to check the batteries to feel if they are hot.

If they are warm that is normal after chain vaping at high watts but they should never be hot.

If they feel hot I would suggest you try the other batteries to see if they make a difference.

Also, Is it possible that you may have counterfeit VTC5a's?

My 2 sets of VTC5a's are what I take when I am going to someones house with my gear because they seem to preform the best out of the other cells I have.

The other cells I have are all Samsung 25r's and the LG 20 amp 3000 mah doo doo browns.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I merged your two posts.

They were so close together I figured they were an accidental double post.

I have had this happen in the past where the forum will lag so I hit the post button again and ended up with a double post.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
you should ideally stay below 45 watts per cell on vtc6

So with a set would that safely equal out to around 80 watts?

D0ffrot

Member For 1 Year
See moochs battery ratings put them at 20 amp cdr if under 80 degrees so I assumed that was actually 120 watts?
That being 60 watts per cell, equaling 120?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

VU Sponsors