Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1e86b04d9102468bd47244b5f23a42ec.jpg

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dunno; I lived up there 5 yrs, and I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice the natives were; there's this common stereotype down here that all northerners are rude, insufferable people, but maybe it depends on the location? Most folks in MI were great.

One thing I did NOT find very nice was having my accent laughed at. We might think northerners talk funny, but we don't LAUGH at them, that would be rude. ;) If you ever meet a southerner exiled up there, don't laugh; tell them how charming their speech is, and you'll have a friend for life. :D

Andria
My wife grew up in Texas.

I speak fluent southern drawl....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My husband grew up in Boston. I understand him most of the time. Now we live near Louisiana in East Texas. There are words being spoken in Louisiana that need subtitles.
I live 40 miles from Troy Landry
yes we have our own language here, in our defense LA has 4 different dialects depending on what part of the boot you're on

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I live 40 miles from Troy Landry
yes we have our own language here, in our defense LA has 4 different dialects depending on what part of the boot you're on
I wish I could meet Troy. I am obsessed with Swamp People I, um, can't watch the show on tv cuz I don't have anything other than antenna, I do say 'arrr matey' though ;) :cool: My goal is one day visiting Louisiana for more than just one night and see some of the areas I've seen on SP.:xD:

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I could meet Troy. I am obsessed with Swamp People I, um, can't watch the show on tv cuz I don't have anything other than antenna, I do say 'arrr matey' though ;) :cool: My goal is one day visiting Louisiana for more than just one night and see some of the areas I've seen on SP.:xD:
I love that show. And the fact that they have subtitles. Lol.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unless you were in the trading area or your profile, I have no answers. Hmmmm.

(It was the post count.)
That turned out to be a didn't-want-to-directly-mention-it-for-fear-of-coming-across-as-bragging-instead-of-just-being-surprised-but-then-the-vague-mention-was-too-vague thing.

On a brighter note, here's another reminder that life wasn't always better back in the day.

Afghan Cape.jpg

Yes, that's an afghan blanket with a neck hole. Tragic.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
(It was the post count.)
That turned out to be a didn't-want-to-directly-mention-it-for-fear-of-coming-across-as-bragging-instead-of-just-being-surprised-but-then-the-vague-mention-was-too-vague thing.

On a brighter note, here's another reminder that life wasn't always better back in the day.

View attachment 51751

AKA Poncho. I remember them, LOL

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(It was the post count.)

View attachment 51751

Is that a real poncho... or is that a Sears poncho... :D :D :D

Andria

VU Sponsors