Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quiet on the whole forum today.

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2c551ea1ea3f5558da328087b143ca62_zpsdsxypiy5.jpg

Fix yur shit:D

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mmmm, mmmm... got a whole batch of chocolate brownies. :p

A box mix, but good stuff... "Supreme".

Damn, damn, damn... got two thirds of a batch of brownies. :(

Still and all... Ghirardelli. Had the choco sauce packet in the box. :p

DAMN... damn, dammit, damn... got half a batch of brownies. :mad:

:D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mmmm, mmmm... got a whole batch of chocolate brownies. :p

A box mix, but good stuff... "Supreme".

Damn, damn, damn... got two thirds of a batch of brownies. :(

Still and all... Ghirardelli. Had the choco sauce packet in the box. :p

DAMN... damn, dammit, damn... got half a batch of brownies. :mad:

:D
We meant cigarettes, Jim. :p

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why do you hate America brownies? :mad:

:p

Cigarettes won't make you fat. Nevermind what they WILL make you (cancerous, huffing, puffing, desperate when you can't get one, stinky, etc).

Andria

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is a "Dear Xxxx" letter that I actually sent to the state.

For those of you with short attention spans, #3 is what really pissed me off.

Dear DMV,

1. I changed auto insurance policies through [redacted] Insurance. There was no lapse in coverage.
2. I can't find out how, but the termination of my old policy got to the DMV, while notice of my new policy did not.
3. The DMV sent me a letter dated June 8, 2016 and threatened me with:
3a. suspension of registration
3b. suspension of my drivers' license
3c. suspension of my privilege to drive
3d. suspension of my privilege to obtain a Driver's License
3e. the inability to renew an out of state DL
3f. a civil penalty
3g. having to turn in my plates
3h. having to serve a suspension
4. I had 10 days to remedy this non-existent problem, but received the letter on the 10th day. On a Friday at 3p.
5. I was still able to contact [redacted], find a fax machine to send [redacted] the DMV letter and apparently take care of it before close of business.
6. I checked my DMV insurance status online four hours later. The status said I "had a lapse of liability insurance coverage." So now I'm apparently flagged as someone who can't follow the rules.
7. I understand some or many drivers need to be jarred to action. But if there is a level where being stern crosses over to obnoxious, this letter and this process is it.
8. I understand driving is a privilege. But it's a privilege that I pay for. This includes $2,134 in taxes for the vehicle, as well as more for tags, a license, inspections, renewals and insurance. Not to mention the $24,500 for the truck itself and the additional constant upkeep. After all that money, time and effort, it should stand to reason that I might be interested in keeping all bureaucracies happy so I can continue using this expensive mode of transportation.
9. I understand that, even after thousands of dollars in fees and taxes, the state still doesn't consider me a "customer" worthy of anything but threats. But may I at least get the threatening communication in a timely manner so I can take care of it without panicking over the possibility of a life-changing punishment? And then perhaps, may I not be convicted of a lapse that never existed in the first place? That would be great.

Sincerely,
-Lost

VU Translation: Fuck the state DMV

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Dear DMV,

1. I changed auto insurance policies through [redacted] Insurance. There was no lapse in coverage.
2. I can't find out how, but the termination of my old policy got to the DMV, while notice of my new policy did not.
3f. a civil penalty
4. I had 10 days to remedy this non-existent problem, but received the letter on the 10th day. On a Friday at 3p.
5. I was still able to contact [redacted], find a fax machine to send [redacted] the DMV letter and apparently take care of it before close of business.
6. I checked my DMV insurance status online four hours later. The status said I "had a lapse of liability insurance coverage." So now I'm apparently flagged as someone who can't follow the rules.
7. I understand some or many drivers need to be jarred to action. But if there is a level where being stern crosses over to obnoxious, this letter and this process is it.
8. I understand driving is a privilege. But it's a privilege that I pay for. This includes $2,134 in taxes for the vehicle, as well as more for tags, a license, inspections, renewals and insurance. Not to mention the $24,500 for the truck itself and the additional constant upkeep. After all that money, time and effort, it should stand to reason that I might be interested in keeping all bureaucracies happy so I can continue using this expensive mode of transportation.
9. I understand that, even after thousands of dollars in fees and taxes, the state still doesn't consider me a "customer" worthy of anything but threats. But may I at least get the threatening communication in a timely manner so I can take care of it without panicking over the possibility of a life-changing punishment? And then perhaps, may I not be convicted of a lapse that never existed in the first place? That would be great.

Sincerely,
-Lost

Write to the state for the taxes we have to pay on a house that we own already.

Jeez Lost. I'd have been pissed, too. I had a similar experience, but it got resolved quickly. Such a hassle.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Dear DMV,

3f. a civil penalty

Sincerely,
-Lost

We had the same exact problem when we changed from Geico to USAA. Bastards. But we did finally get thru to some brain trust in the tag office that there was actually no lapse, and we could prove it by the date of coverage on both policies -- the Geico policy was still in effect when we got new coverage with USAA, and only THEN did we tell Geico to cancel our policy. So nyah! Neener neener and etc.

Andria

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about Betty White's vagina. Ewww.. not like that...
It ain't got shit on Spanky's penis. That thing endures frequent beatings, and gets right back up and says "Please sir, may I have another".

VU Sponsors