88a85121de9aac8c2cec7a8c9a92e23f.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I CALLED TASTY VAPORS TO ASK ABOUT 8/8
they said
We still don't know what's gonna happen but the lawyers said that
If they plan to continue making juice, the juice has to be singled flavor... Wth.. It sounded to me we going back in time when all flavors are
Grapes
Apple
Orange
Brown sugar
Milk
Etcccccc

VAPE ON

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
they said
If they plan to continue making juice, the juice has to be singled flavor... Wth.. It sounded to me we going back in time when all flavors are
Grapes
Apple
Orange
Brown sugar
Milk
Etcccccc

VAPE ON
the single flavors...
Like shit
suck
fuck
pointless
worthless
nasty
and are you fucking kidding me?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's for blowing off steam then I'm interested. My rant, how the fuck in 2016 can we not manage to make a clicky button that oh idk, works?! Same fuckin tech that's included in every cheap chinese mouse since 2001, good for 80 kajillion clicks. But someone had the genius to create a mod that produces vapor and we fucking forgot how to make switches that work.

Tore apart my mod to discover that 2 of the 4 soldered connections on the fire switch to the main board snapped. Probably because they put one board on top of the other and the only thing holding it together ARE the soldered points. All along one side too, there's genius. So it acts as a hinge under pressure when you hit the fire switch. Now I'm in the process of hunting down a soldering pen and solder so some good old fashioned American common sense can solve the chinese engineering buttfuckery.

It's like building a new car for 2017 and putting square wheels on it cause we forgot there's round ones that work. So for the time being I'm vapeless. Meh. Good thing I hung onto some of my old smokes, I'll be the first to agree it's a nasty habit but hey, go figure they work. Low tech ftw. Hopefully with Amazon prime it'll only be a couple days.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If it's for blowing off steam then I'm interested. My rant, how the fuck in 2016 can we not manage to make a clicky button that oh idk, works?! Same fuckin tech that's included in every cheap chinese mouse since 2001, good for 80 kajillion clicks. But someone had the genius to create a mod that produces vapor and we fucking forgot how to make switches that work.

Tore apart my mod to discover that 2 of the 4 soldered connections on the fire switch to the main board snapped. Probably because they put one board on top of the other and the only thing holding it together ARE the soldered points. All along one side too, there's genius. So it acts as a hinge under pressure when you hit the fire switch. Now I'm in the process of hunting down a soldering pen and solder so some good old fashioned American common sense can solve the chinese engineering buttfuckery.

It's like building a new car for 2017 and putting square wheels on it cause we forgot there's round ones that work. So for the time being I'm vapeless. Meh. Good thing I hung onto some of my old smokes, I'll be the first to agree it's a nasty habit but hey, go figure they work. Low tech ftw. Hopefully with Amazon prime it'll only be a couple days.
if its just for this one job amazon has some weller VW soldering stations for under 40 bucks

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was considering one of these.

Edit: guess links don't work here. It was a couple different vastar adjustable wattage (up to 60w) pens with a handful of tips on amazon.

They look to be the same with slightly different solder, one looks like 21ga 60/40 solder, the other 19 or 20ga 60/40 solder. Not too concerned with the cheap stand or lack of stand. Much more than $15 or so and may as well just buy a new mod, it was only $30. I like it when it works though so if I can do a cheap one time repair on it and keep it going for $10-15 I'm game.

Debating between super glue and hot glue to hold the switch board down to the main board, take the stress of firing the button off the soldered joints. Was thinking super glue since it's not like I can get a replacement switch for it. Doubt I have to worry about whether it would be easy to take apart later on.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^^ random post

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
they said
Grapes
Apple
Orange
Brown sugar
Milk
Etcccccc

VAPE ON
Tasty Vapors??...do you live in Oakland.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So for the time being I'm vapeless. Meh. Good thing I hung onto some of my old smokes, I'll be the first to agree it's a nasty habit but hey, go figure they work. Low tech ftw. Hopefully with Amazon prime it'll only be a couple days.

This is why I have 10 or 15 mods. :)

Andria

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you used all your fingers for counting, then yes you have 10 mods. Now pull off a shoe, if you use all the toes on one foot, then you have 15 mods. ;):D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you used all your fingers for counting, then yes you have 10 mods. Now pull off a shoe, if you use all the toes on one foot, then you have 15 mods. ;):D

Actually I have 13... I was estimating.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't have that amny, but I still like my SX Mini. And my Cuboid. And my Fuchai 213. And my old faithful workhorse IPV3LI.

I've wanted an SX Mini for a long time, but never have found one for an affordable price, when I actually had the $$$ for it. :( Back at xmas I actually saw one for $80, which just staggered me, but I didn't have $80 for a mod right then, having to buy other pesky presents for pesky relatives. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gotcha, 2 toes left over on the foot...j/k

Well I had to think about it for a minute, since 4 of my mods aren't in regular use (out on the counter!) -- 2 sigelei Zmax's, and 2 mechs, are in the drawer.

But I finally got rid of my iStick30w, and also my old Vamo v2. :)

Andria

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've wanted an SX Mini for a long time, but never have found one for an affordable price, when I actually had the $$$ for it. :( Back at xmas I actually saw one for $80, which just staggered me, but I didn't have $80 for a mod right then, having to buy other pesky presents for pesky relatives. :D

Andria
The funny thing is, most of the time my drummer has my SX. For some reason, he doesn't want to buy his own device even though he is a doctor and can easily afford to. The upside to the arrangement is I never have to pay for drinks when we're hanging out. And it's usually top shelf stuff that he buys.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only been vaping for a few months, maybe 3 or 4 now and only using a regulated mod for the past 2mo. Didn't think I'd need 15 mods for 2mo of use but then they are typical china junk so I guess the math works out. Use it for 4 days and pitch it lmao. I know them bastards know how to make buttons that work, my mouse is proof of it. Just throw an omron switch on the vape, tack it down good and be done with it.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For the better part of this 204 PAGE thread, it was for people posting stuff that pissed them off, made them laugh and a place to blow off steam.

Yup. Think non-sequiturs and perspectiveless/nameless rants.
Example: If I go Here to post links like the ones below, most people should have no idea what I'm referring to. So no people need to feel bad.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/guillotines.asp
http://www.snopes.com/obama-opens-first-concentration-camp/
http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/femacoffins.asp
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a12805/4312850/

One thing Huck didn't mention...
This thread started in the Mud Pit, but got moved. That alone will automatically give it a different vibe and open it up to a new audience.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
really?

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've only been vaping for a few months, maybe 3 or 4 now and only using a regulated mod for the past 2mo. Didn't think I'd need 15 mods for 2mo of use but then they are typical china junk so I guess the math works out. Use it for 4 days and pitch it lmao. I know them bastards know how to make buttons that work, my mouse is proof of it. Just throw an omron switch on the vape, tack it down good and be done with it.

The issue of fire buttons is not a new one; when I was first looking to upgrade from my original pen style vape, I thought I'd look into the SVD, by Innokin, since I was really happy with my iTaste vv3 -- but over at Butthole Central, there were about 300 posts in a thread about the SVD, and at least 3/4 of them were bitching about the fire button. :D So I looked elsewhere -- got a Sigelei Zmax, flat-top; some of those also had a fire btn issue, but a MUCH lower percentage, and I was very fortunate and got one that worked. So it's really just a matter of checking out what people who've already bought the mod have to say about it -- yeah, hard to do when you're first starting, but it gets easier. Now, I wait anyway until a mod hits a really low price -- like all electronics, mods' prices go down rapidly and dramatically, and that gives me time to scope out whatever might be the issue(s) with whatever mod I've got my eye on.

I really should have taken the hint about the paint on the iPV Minis; the paint/enamel is just shitty, scratches very easily, flakes, etc. But I was very taken with the shape of it, somewhat reminisicent of those SX Minis I've longed for, so I have two of them -- which now need wraps. But it's worth it to wrap them, because I'm very happy with their function and size/shape/handfeel, it's just their surface esthetic appeal that needs work.

Andria

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You didn't know your thread got promoted?
We've talked about it at least once. Try pages 87-88 for one example. From April.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree many mods seem to have similar issues. The istick doesn't have the best rep but the tc 100w got pretty good reviews. Then again most are out of the box reviews, not a large scale assessment after months of use. I think mine's repairable, just irks me. Especially when it's simpleton crap that we've had a pretty good handle on for some time now.

Sort of like cell phones, I do expect the speaker/mic to function fairly well. This isn't new tech, we're 6 iterations into the iphone, similar with the samsung's and others. There's no reason for even inexpensive phones these days to have garbled speakers in the ear piece, not when kyocera, lg and motorola have had inexpensive phones years ago that had it under control. Just like I don't expect to buy a car next year and have to worry about it having triangular tires on it.

My soldering iron should show up some time thurs I think so will see what happens. Hopefully with a bit of tinkering I can fix it the way it should've been done in the first place and have a solid mod.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree many mods seem to have similar issues. The istick doesn't have the best rep but the tc 100w got pretty good reviews. Then again most are out of the box reviews, not a large scale assessment after months of use. I think mine's repairable, just irks me. Especially when it's simpleton crap that we've had a pretty good handle on for some time now.

Sort of like cell phones, I do expect the speaker/mic to function fairly well. This isn't new tech, we're 6 iterations into the iphone, similar with the samsung's and others. There's no reason for even inexpensive phones these days to have garbled speakers in the ear piece, not when kyocera, lg and motorola have had inexpensive phones years ago that had it under control. Just like I don't expect to buy a car next year and have to worry about it having triangular tires on it.

My soldering iron should show up some time thurs I think so will see what happens. Hopefully with a bit of tinkering I can fix it the way it should've been done in the first place and have a solid mod.
I just saw... up there hot glue or super glue...

super glue... and I use PET braided sleeving around my wires.. its not necessary, just a quick cheep extra little layer that gives it a more finished look.

VU Sponsors