Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just saw... up there hot glue or super glue...

super glue... and I use PET braided sleeving around my wires.. its not necessary, just a quick cheep extra little layer that gives it a more finished look.

If it was a mech mod or a diy homebuilt I might bother with the sleeving. They don't show or anything and none of the wires are disconnected. Just a couple direct solder connections cracked at this point causing intermittent operation of the fire button. The battery cover on one side acts as a large surface fire button and there's a magnetic pin between the batt cover and actual switch inside the mod.

When using it normally there can be a bit of side to side pressure rather than a direct press and with nothing but the solder holding the switch/pcb to the main board it stresses it like a hinge. Enough back and forth movement over time using it wiggled the switch pcb enough to split the solder. Some glue should fix that nonsense, had it been glued to begin with, relying on something besides the solder itself to hold the switch in place, I think it would've been fine.

Now all I gotta do is make sure my fat fingers don't accidentally bridge the connections when I add solder to it lol. Opted for the kit with the desoldering pump just in case.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
37fcdfdb0ee97b3c92d22d32ac97b8a2.jpg

Nyt nyt vapers

VAPE ON

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If it was a mech mod or a diy homebuilt I might bother with the sleeving. They don't show or anything and none of the wires are disconnected. Just a couple direct solder connections cracked at this point causing intermittent operation of the fire button. The battery cover on one side acts as a large surface fire button and there's a magnetic pin between the batt cover and actual switch inside the mod.

When using it normally there can be a bit of side to side pressure rather than a direct press and with nothing but the solder holding the switch/pcb to the main board it stresses it like a hinge. Enough back and forth movement over time using it wiggled the switch pcb enough to split the solder. Some glue should fix that nonsense, had it been glued to begin with, relying on something besides the solder itself to hold the switch in place, I think it would've been fine.

Now all I gotta do is make sure my fat fingers don't accidentally bridge the connections when I add solder to it lol. Opted for the kit with the desoldering pump just in case.
good deal on the desolder gun.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@f1r3b1rd , yea it's just a cheapo 60w variable temp. Hoping 60w is enough to melt the solder, got decent reviews so fingers crossed. Definitely not a weller or anything fancy with a solder station and all that but I don't often do much soldering. Plus it comes with a pair of tweezers lol, maybe they'll be big enough and stout enough for shaping coils. I think it's got an 18mo warranty and amazon's pretty good about it with prime stuff the couple times I've had to return things.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@f1r3b1rd , yea it's just a cheapo 60w variable temp. Hoping 60w is enough to melt the solder, got decent reviews so fingers crossed. Definitely not a weller or anything fancy with a solder station and all that but I don't often do much soldering. Plus it comes with a pair of tweezers lol, maybe they'll be big enough and stout enough for shaping coils. I think it's got an 18mo warranty and amazon's pretty good about it with prime stuff the couple times I've had to return things.
lol, 60w will be plenty.. just make sure you keep your tip clean

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was traveling around town yesterday on errands (fuck it who am I bullshitting? I was buying legal here stuff... and if you need to ask what I mean it is legal in WA, OR, CO.)
I was BORED, and since I refuse to get a smartphone I do little thought exercises.
Had mom in tow for the first leg of the errands, she wanted to walk so we hit the mall.
I had to explain what fat friends were for chicks.
The pair in front of us was about 10lbs from a mobility cart, the one next to her was high heels, skin tight pants... Told mom the fat friend did the trick, Made me notice.

Yesterday I was playing "If I was a shitbag". Better title than watching clueless people zombie through life.
The area I went to I swear has a ********** clinic since the actual zombies were just kind of shuffling around, 20 years ago there was a hideous ******** issue in that part of town.
So walking by the new zombies I noticed this 12-14 year old girl attention glued to phone. About 20' away is a trio of shitbags staring hard as fuck at the girl and tracking and moving with her.
Body language, their conversation and how unnaturally they were talking with each other while staring at her sent some red flags up.

I wanted to shake her after I pointed them out to her, and her response is that she would not know them since they were older.
Sweet baby jesus this current batch of humans is seriously stupid if it does not come through their idiot device.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Fuck the new shit hole store that attracts MORE of the slobs and rejects that populate fucking walmart.

Fuck those scum bag, clueless, moral less, scum of the earth FUCKS.

Fucking scum of the earth.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fuck the new shit hole store that attracts MORE of the slobs and rejects that populate fucking walmart.

Fuck those scum bag, clueless, moral less, scum of the earth FUCKS.

Fucking scum of the earth.
It is why the thought of actually lighting people on fire appeals more and more to me every day.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yesterday, one of the national headlines was about Darryl Strawberry's dick.
Today, one of the headlines is about Orlando Bloom's dick.

Why.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The reasons why newer washing machines suck ass are far more fucked up than the fucked up washing machines themselves.

Because of that, I'm finding it difficult to actually complain about our new machine. But I'll try.

What. the. fuck. happened? We are using more water cleaning clothes with these miracle water savers than we were using with old machines. Because:
1. We've had to wash some loads twice.
2. I had to start one really dirty pile of clothes in the bathtub.
3. The innards of new machines get musty frequently so you have to run a giant cycle to clean them or your clothes get musty, and you don't find out until the musty clothes are in the dryer starting to dry.
4. Then you have to run the cleaning cycle, then rewash the clothes.

Dear EPA:
Your strict regulations are a failure if you regulate the effectiveness out of products.
You can energetically suck my balls,
-Lost

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The reasons why newer washing machines suck ass are far more fucked up than the fucked up washing machines themselves.

Because of that, I'm finding it difficult to actually complain about our new machine. But I'll try.

What. the. fuck. happened? We are using more water cleaning clothes with these miracle water savers than we were using with old machines. Because:
1. We've had to wash some loads twice.
2. I had to start one really dirty pile of clothes in the bathtub.
3. The innards of new machines get musty frequently so you have to run a giant cycle to clean them or your clothes get musty, and you don't find out until the musty clothes are in the dryer starting to dry.
4. Then you have to run the cleaning cycle, then rewash the clothes.

Dear EPA:
Your strict regulations are a failure if you regulate the effectiveness out of products.
You can energetically suck my balls,
-Lost

Whew, that makes me glad my Kenmore washer is only 26 yrs old, it should be good for another 20 at least. Sears knows how to make washing machines. Or at least, they DID.

Andria

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whew, that makes me glad my Kenmore washer is only 26 yrs old, it should be good for another 20 at least. Sears knows how to make washing machines. Or at least, they DID.

Andria
Right there with you! The only ones that are still worthwhile tend to be the Maytag washers. Parents had to replace theirs a few years back, got a fancy new one that was supposed to be water saving and energy efficient and all that nonsense. Thing only took powdered detergent(which was a pain) and regularly had to have multiple cycles run just to wash the same clothes. That washer lasted a few months before it was replaced with a Maytag, which still isn't the greatest. Meanwhile the one that I purchased off craigslist that was made in the early 2000s is still kicking, and cleans perfectly the first time everytime. Ours is a Kenmore as well at the apartment, tis a wonderful little machine.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Right there with you! The only ones that are still worthwhile tend to be the Maytag washers. Parents had to replace theirs a few years back, got a fancy new one that was supposed to be water saving and energy efficient and all that nonsense. Thing only took powdered detergent(which was a pain) and regularly had to have multiple cycles run just to wash the same clothes. That washer lasted a few months before it was replaced with a Maytag, which still isn't the greatest. Meanwhile the one that I purchased off craigslist that was made in the early 2000s is still kicking, and cleans perfectly the first time everytime. Ours is a Kenmore as well at the apartment, tis a wonderful little machine.

My mom gave us our Kenmore when we first moved back to GA, when our son was 2... he's now 28. :D Washer still works just fine. My mom had a Kenmore that she got when I was about 5, and had it till I was about 40; not sure why she got another one, unless she was just tired of the old one; I think it still worked.

We've tossed around the idea of getting one of those front-loaders, but now I dunno... maybe I'm better off just staying with my old-tech top-loader. Mechanical shit really has a lot fewer parts to break, which are pretty easily and cheaply replaced, if necessary.

Andria

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mom gave us our Kenmore when we first moved back to GA, when our son was 2... he's now 28. :D Washer still works just fine. My mom had a Kenmore that she got when I was about 5, and had it till I was about 40; not sure why she got another one, unless she was just tired of the old one; I think it still worked.

We've tossed around the idea of getting one of those front-loaders, but now I dunno... maybe I'm better off just staying with my old-tech top-loader. Mechanical shit really has a lot fewer parts to break, which are pretty easily and cheaply replaced, if necessary.

Andria
I've had a front loader for 10yrs now, and cannot wait to replace it with a top loader again. Exactly as @Lost 's post, with the musty smells, monthly cleanings and load do-overs.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My top loader (Whirlpool) from 92 is still working perfect. It has broken down a few times but hubs can repair anything. Of course, I still have the same stove, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and dryer. I probably won't get anything new since I have a handy repairman in the house.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My top loader (Whirlpool) from 92 is still working perfect. It has broken down a few times but hubs can repair anything. Of course, I still have the same stove, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and dryer. I probably won't get anything new since I have a handy repairman in the house.

We bought a DIRT-cheap electric range to replace the gas one that was here when we moved in, when its burner/ignition stopped working right. The variable resistors burn out for the stove-top eyes -- the large eye, which I use the most, got to the point where it was either off, or glowing redhot. So we removed the doohickey from the small eye just behind it, to replace the one for the large eye... but unfortunately, the small eyes must have higher resistance than the large eye needs, because now it doesn't get nearly as hot as it once did -- if i want to deep-fry something, I have to put it on high for 5 minutes to get the grease hot enough.

At some point we'll need to go and buy new doohickies for all the eyes, because one of the small ones is starting to do a similar thing... Unfortunately, the only place remotely close to get them is about 35 miles away. :(

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried looking for used ones? If the stove is older you could (maybe) find parts or the whole unit for a cheap price.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried looking for used ones? If the stove is older you could (maybe) find parts or the whole unit for a cheap price.

The new ones aren't very costly... just a long way off. We could maybe order them, but we really need to see them, to make sure we're buying the right thing.

Andria

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Get your predictions in now:

Guess how many people will get sick at the Olympics due to competing in poop-water.

For extra credit, list the offending bacteria or virus, and/or the disease.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fucking VAPOR DNA
AT IT AGAIN
Try 60ml of of ejuice for 99cents
Wow right?!

WITH $35 purchase!
LOL

VAPE ON

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Fucking VAPOR DNA
AT IT AGAIN
Try 60ml of of ejuice for 99cents
Wow right?!

WITH $35 purchase!
LOL

VAPE ON
LMAO!

Well, it IS 99 cents. You just have to spend money no one wants to spend, to get it. The ONLY people who will get in on this one, are the people that buy other shit from them anyway. This won't attract new people.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
P.S. someone predicted their would be fire sales before 8-8.

Didn't happen did it?

I said it before, vape companies are only out for every dollar they can get. They don't care about the vape "community" outside of the money they can get from it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMAO!

Well, it IS 99 cents. You just have to spend money no one wants to spend, to get it. The ONLY people who will get in on this one, are the people that buy other shit from them anyway. This won't attract new people.
It's just the way they send out the email you know

SUBJECT LINE
TRY THIS JOOZE FOR 99cents limit one per person only
Then I tap on the link!

With $35 purchased... Lol
After taxes and shipping, I will end up paying almost $50...
A guy here on VU gave a $10 off coupon from the DNA right!?
So I tried to purchase a tank... It's was
$39.99-$10=$30 right
Sales Tax in Cali is what 9%?!
Plus $5.99 shipping
My $10 off was pretty much
Back lol!!!
I said
FUCK THAT...
Hello FT

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
P.S. someone predicted their would be fire sales before 8-8.

Didn't happen did it?

I said it before, vape companies are only out for every dollar they can get. They don't care about the vape "community" outside of the money they can get from it.
Csvape is having a 40% off sale on all crappy
Juice,tanks lol...
They make it sound like
Wow 40 off!!
Until you see the WHATS in it
What a crappy selection IMO

VAPE ON

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LMAO!

Or the people who like that crappy juice. I got a free sample once when I ordered from them, and I wouldn't waste MY money on that juice.

Andria

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have no idea why celebrity dicks are a thing over the past week. At least this one has temporary intrigue.

Today. 50 Cent. Publicly calling out Power's showrunner.
"Man I just saw episode 4, of POWER Courtney I'm a kill you, this is not funny. I think I just saw my (penis) in a scene. What the f--- Courtney call my phone NOW!!!"
He added that the carnal cameo wasn’t in the first three edits of the episode that were screened for him as an executive producer.

But... Yesterday from TV Guide:
"My penis is going to debut!," 50 Cent says just minutes after sitting down to talk at the Beverly Hilton with TVGuide.com. He laughs and flashes that 50 Cent Cheshire grin, jokingly calling the moment his sex tape. "I don't give a f---. First it was supposed to be darker [after footage was edited.] You couldn't see it on the screen. [A producer ] was like, 'I gotta show you! When you put it on the screen, you can see it.' I don't care."

No time to wonder if this is a simple PR game. There will be new and different dicks tomorrow.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since they locked it on me

Smokie likes to make up new rules whenever he feels like it, whenever it suits his agenda . Like making people "vendors" when they don't even have anything to sell.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
We are ECF now apparently. You are now an unlisted vendor so better not post outside your thread or tell anyone something useful like a sale. You'll get banned too because that's how it works now right?:rolleyes:

H

Harry Nutczak

I ain't selling shit, @SMOKIE . Just helping out someone who helped me out when I needed it. Time to go Smokie. You've pretty much lost touch with reality here, and can't see it because of your (unwarranted) ego. Leave.

H

Harry Nutczak

I'm gonna sell designer bags full of nothing for donations only. All proceeds to go to the "Ban Smokie Foundation".

VU Sponsors