https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the petrochem industry Is a necessary evil in life, if you want modern conveniences.
it is what it is.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There is a natural gas pipeline about a mile south of me, that runs from Illinois to Ontario. They had to work an area that goes through the state recreation area I live in. Some of it was through a very critical wetland that feeds into a very long river.

I was AMAZED at how well, and how quickly, the wetland was protected and restored. A couple months after they were gone, you never would know they were there except some improvements they paid for on the public road they needed to use to access it.

MOST will fix their equipment before a problem happens. Enbridge is a company with pipeline in Michigan. They are horrible about maintenance, and one of their lines burst in 2010, spilling 20K barrels of Athabasca Crude into the Kalamazoo River. EVERY environmental company in the area with a vac truck got called in for that, including mine, and there are STILL crews working on cleanup, 6 years later. The cost to Enbridge so far is about $800 MILLION, with another $177 million in fines.

The pipeline is there. Short of digging it all back up and removing it, it has to be maintained before something like this happens.

As far as the NEW pipeline being protested... I dunno, I wish we didn't need them. It would be hypocritical of me to ride my motorcycle through these beautiful areas and wish there WEREN'T pipelines. Short of just walking everywhere, we are all both to blame and need to recognize the need for them. Many of the protesters there are Feel Gooders and environmentalists with an axe to grind, fighting for a cause many in the area don't WANT fought from what I can see. We should just let those local governments deal with the public will in those areas.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks guys for your responses re: the pipelines. The company is still working on the local problem here. I know we need the pipelines. I do wish they would keep the pipelines maintained better.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is a natural gas pipeline about a mile south of me, that runs from Illinois to Ontario. They had to work an area that goes through the state recreation area I live in. Some of it was through a very critical wetland that feeds into a very long river.

I was AMAZED at how well, and how quickly, the wetland was protected and restored. A couple months after they were gone, you never would know they were there except some improvements they paid for on the public road they needed to use to access it.

MOST will fix their equipment before a problem happens. Enbridge is a company with pipeline in Michigan. They are horrible about maintenance, and one of their lines burst in 2010, spilling 20K barrels of Athabasca Crude into the Kalamazoo River. EVERY environmental company in the area with a vac truck got called in for that, including mine, and there are STILL crews working on cleanup, 6 years later. The cost to Enbridge so far is about $800 MILLION, with another $177 million in fines.

The pipeline is there. Short of digging it all back up and removing it, it has to be maintained before something like this happens.

As far as the NEW pipeline being protested... I dunno, I wish we didn't need them. It would be hypocritical of me to ride my motorcycle through these beautiful areas and wish there WEREN'T pipelines. Short of just walking everywhere, we are all both to blame and need to recognize the need for them. Many of the protesters there are Feel Gooders and environmentalists with an axe to grind, fighting for a cause many in the area don't WANT fought from what I can see. We should just let those local governments deal with the public will in those areas.
What do you ride???

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dot Dot Dumb: The Proliferation of Colons in Think-Piece Headlines

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you ride???

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

Rode my '13 Road Glide Ultra all out west this past summer. 20K miles by the time I came home to pay bills then turned back around to go to Sturgis for the rally.

Had a V-Rod for a townie bike since 2004, a couple different ones. Got bored with em, and traded the last one in, in September for a Ducati XDiavel that I demo'd in Sturgis. SICK sick bike. SO much fun.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
f1df043a2fc68c2cff8713245774d91c.jpg
I'll finish my scrambler build eventually.
2007 xr650l, building to look like an old sl350.
Wrecked it last year so I decided to build it out.

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

Moueix

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
f1df043a2fc68c2cff8713245774d91c.jpg
I'll finish my scrambler build eventually.
2007 xr650l, building to look like an old sl350.
Wrecked it last year so I decided to build it out.

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

I love your conversion to the single swingarm and monoshock. I always knew these bikes as "Enduro"s, that's what the few lucky kids I knew well enough to borrow had. FUN, man! Remember those days fondly.

What are the plans for the seating style? Doesn't look like you are planning for the typical scrambler style seating. I love the Ducati's seat. Ride is firm as would be expected, but it's comfortable and I love the free floating look.

Color_XDiavel-s_01_1067x600.jpg

Only taker I've had yet for that little pillion seat is my 17yo daughter. And she was a little bit terrified, but needed the ride. I went easy. ;)

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love your conversion to the single swingarm and monoshock. I always knew these bikes as "Enduro"s, that's what the few lucky kids I knew well enough to borrow had. FUN, man! Remember those days fondly.

What are the plans for the seating style? Doesn't look like you are planning for the typical scrambler style seating. I love the Ducati's seat. Ride is firm as would be expected, but it's comfortable and I love the free floating look.

Color_XDiavel-s_01_1067x600.jpg

Only taker I've had yet for that little pillion seat is my 17yo daughter. And she was a little bit terrified, but needed the ride. I went easy. ;)
215e7f86dd689e199eedd1bd1b9a9072.jpg
bike before teardown mono shock is original.

dc2b3296288ca4f5e213e762a893ae7b.jpg
over all style I'm going for.

It's way back on the back burner. Sitting in my dad's shop. Subframe is half way built, have a rear fender. Just need money and I need to build a shop on my property.

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
WHY CAN'T MY FUCKING COWORKER QUIT TALKING TO WOMEN ON THE PHONE AND GET TO WORK

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I called att to reduce phone bill cost
These morons changed my plan
From
$100 for 25gb lte and $15 per phone, with roll back data, no slowing down to 2g, none of that T-Mobile shit!!
I have 6 lines,do the math!

To
$85 for 16gb lte and $20 per phone, if I go over data, my speed goes to 2g! Wtf!

See how they fucking try to trick me?!
I told them I'm cancelling my lines
I'm moving them all to T-MOBILE!!
Agent said
Let me transfer you to the LOYALTY DEPARTMENT?

LOYALTY DEPARTMENT fixed my shit
Cancelled all extra charges, and gave me $58 credit
And an apology!!
FUCKERS tried to trick me and SHIT!!

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I called att to reduce phone bill cost
These morons changed my plan
From
$100 for 25gb lte and $15 per phone, with roll back data, no slowing down to 2g, none of that T-Mobile shit!!
I have 6 lines,do the math!

To
$85 for 16gb lte and $20 per phone, if I go over data, my speed goes to 2g! Wtf!

See how they fucking try to trick me?!
I told them I'm cancelling my lines
I'm moving them all to T-MOBILE!!
Agent said
Let me transfer you to the LOYALTY DEPARTMENT?

LOYALTY DEPARTMENT fixed my shit
Cancelled all extra charges, and gave me $58 credit
And an apology!!
FUCKERS tried to trick me and SHIT!!

God bless corporate America, quotas and all the stupid people who actually fall for it and give them hope

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Holy shit... make them sweat and shake them heads violently

Well one guys dad is an office tech and the other is related to the owner.
So it doesn't matter if I'm supposed to be in charge or not

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well one guys dad is an office tech and the other is related to the owner.
So it doesn't matter if I'm supposed to be in charge or not

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.
sounds like a good day for them to do one of the more humbling jobs around.
toilet cleaning with a toothbrush.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sounds like a good day for them to do one of the more humbling jobs around.
toilet cleaning with a toothbrush.
cc15cacc610c8c4b779ce42eadfe5b43.jpg
I'm a Surveyor, worst they can do is chop brush. But I'm not letting them hurt themselves. I got fucked by a tree the other day. And I'm 18months sober lol

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a Surveyor, worst they can do is chop brush. But I'm not letting them hurt themselves. I got fucked by a tree the other day. And I'm 18months sober lol

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.
congrats on sobrietry..
I spent most of my adult life as either a chef or an investigator.
we had plenty of really fun things to teach people the Importance of not being fuck up for life.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
congrats on sobrietry..
I spent most of my adult life as either a chef or an investigator.
we had plenty of really fun things to teach people the Importance of not being fuck up for life.
What kind of investigator?
I just couldn't handle my shit.
Was going to loose my wife and kid,
Damn near lost my life. I don't look down on my coworkers for doing it, just wish they could work while messed up like I used to lol

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What kind of investigator?
I just couldn't handle my shit.
Was going to loose my wife and kid,
Damn near lost my life. I don't look down on my coworkers for doing it, just wish they could work while messed up like I used to lol

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.
I was a Lic PI that specialized in asset management and skip tracing. I had worked for an international corporate Law firm.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a Lic PI that specialized in asset management and skip tracing. I had worked for an international corporate Law firm.
That's bad ass
You know when you hack saplings near the ground and leave the sharp base sticking out?
We always called them punji sticks. What's the official surveyor name for them?
The official name is go back and to it right lol
No but really it's called a stob
:hug: I hear ya buddy. You hang in there, and I will too.

Congrats!!! I'm your sober pal.
Sweet!

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's bad ass
You know when you hack saplings near the ground and leave the sharp base sticking out?
We always called them punji sticks. What's the official surveyor name for them?
The official name is go back and to it right lol
No but really it's called a stob
:hug: I hear ya buddy. You hang in there, and I will too.

Congrats!!! I'm your sober pal.
Sweet!

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

Gratz on the 18 months! I celebrated 24 yrs in August, but recently my mother's death got me started thinking about how nice some chemical numbness would be... so I went to a meeting!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good for you, Andria.

Wow, I'm really so sorry.

Yeah, sometimes the addict in my head throws me thoughts like "getting drunk would be really nice" or "wow, a cigarette would be great right now"... but then the REAL me answers that fool with "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! I FINALLY GOT FREE OF ALL THAT SHIT, AND I AIN'T GOING BACK TO ANY OF IT!"

I'm glad my mom isn't suffering anymore, but it's rough. You always figure that one day, your parents will die... but when that day comes... :cry:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And on another topic entirely...

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH TV TONIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

At 8, it was supposed to be Blindspot.. but those DIMWITS put on SVU instead, whichy wasn't supposed to be on till 9... then at 9, they put it on again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And on CBS, there was supposed to be a new episode of Criminal Minds... BUT THOSE DIMWITS ARE SHOWING AN OLD EPISODE INSTEAD! With Derek Morgan, who isn';t even on the show anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm glad my mom isn't suffering anymore, but it's rough. You always figure that one day, your parents will die... but when that day comes...
Shit, I still whine like a baby for mine sometimes. But, the same, the suffering I couldn't take for her.

At 8, it was supposed to be Blindspot.. but those DIMWITS put on SVU instead
Well that had to happen on a National level, because my DVR shows the same damn thing. Guess I'll be watching it online instead. Dang, how weird!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh duh. World Series. @AndriaD I just saw an article online stating they'd be back per usual next Wed. Totally didn't occur to me.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh duh. World Series. @AndriaD I just saw an article online stating they'd be back per usual next Wed. Totally didn't occur to me.

That makes no sense at all -- it's on a completely different network! And it is NO explanation for fucking up Blindspot and putt on SVU TWICE!!!!!!

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That makes no sense at all -- it's on a completely different network! And it is NO explanation for fucking up Blindspot and putt on SVU TWICE!!!!!!

Andria
Well, then no, it doesn't make sense, LOL. Boooo. They should at least do the delay like they sometimes do. I've seen usual shows on at 1:00 am before.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gratz on the 18 months! I celebrated 24 yrs in August, but recently my mother's death got me started thinking about how nice some chemical numbness would be... so I went to a meeting!

Andria
I'm sorry to hear about that. But glad you chose the better option

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

VU Sponsors