https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm thinking of buying an LED flashlight top with a 510 connection. Screw it on an old mod, pull the chip and rewire/resolder the guts. Might not be worth the hassle though. Would have to solve the momentary power-button issue. FT sells the 510 LEDs for less than 10 bucks, although I have no idea what quality they are. Plus, FT's shut down for another week due to Chinese New Year. Might lose interest by then.

The nasty orange big box store sells one 18650 flashlight. $140. Not a typo. It takes a lot of balls to charge that much for a battery housing and a bulb.
Back to the dawn of vaping

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If I can't get this one repaired, I'd go up to $50Frger. Run time is not a big concern. If Maglite's specs are to be believed, it's 134 lumens/388 meters. It was perfect for our larger yard, and she loves that it doubles as a billy club (Only 2 D cells, but still).
You've quite a few choices in an LED light; 18650 or CR123 format. Forget D cells, that's ridiculous for these times. I like Goinggear.com or Lightjunction.com. I'll vouch for both vendors as being solid and reliable. you can easily get something nice within your $50.00 budget far brighter than 134 lumens with multiple modes.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@LostHasher - Within your budget, look at Jetbeam, Sunwayman, Foursevens, Nitecore, & Olight.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Methinks there is a someone spazzing in a corner somewhere.
gigglesmile.gif

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The way to kill an earworm is to listen to the offending music.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crap....can't upload gif on my phone....

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna derail the train for a sec, got a question but don't see the need for a thread when it's likely a simple answer.
The husband just ordered a flashlight that requires 18650 batteries (and for a split second implicated that I would share mine...:eek:....uh, HELL NO....lol!!). But in the process of ordering said batteries, it occurred to me that I wasn't sure if I needed flat top or button. The description doesn't tell either. Anyone have any idea which one I need?
As I recall most flashlights that take 18650's use the button/nipple top kind.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(flashlight noob here) Seems like a waste using a high drain batts in a low (?) drain device...
Wouldn't other batteries be more appropriate?... something with a bigger 'gas tank'?
Nope...Most of those commercials you see where they say "Use Duracell cause so and so uses them should actually say "So and So stopped using them when they discovered high drain IMR batteries"
1 of my brothers is a U.S. Marshal and I know for fact the marshals switched from using stacked c/d cells to IMR's years ago for flashlights.They're just better and last a fuck ton longer and they're 100% rechargeable.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
(flashlight noob here) Seems like a waste using a high drain batts in a low (?) drain device...
Wouldn't other batteries be more appropriate?... something with a bigger 'gas tank'?
Nope...Most of those commercials you see where they say "Use Duracell cause so and so uses them should actually say "So and So stopped using them when they discovered high drain IMR batteries"
1 of my brothers is a U.S. Marshal and I know for fact the marshals switched from using stacked c/d cells to IMR's years ago for flashlights.They're just better and last a fuck ton longer and they're 100% rechargeable.
I expect @Shark Vape meant, for example, a 20A+ 2500mAH unprotected cell vs. a 7A 3500mAH protected cell. Most flashlights don't need the 20A constant current capability, much less a 100A burst, but that extra runtime capacity sure can come in handy.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I expect @Shark Vape meant, for example, a 20A+ 2500mAH unprotected cell vs. a 7A 3500mAH protected cell. Most flashlights don't need the 20A constant current capability, much less a 100A burst, but that extra runtime capacity sure can come in handy.
Ah yes you might be right there.I'm gonna have to blame the beer this time...Hiccup!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look RENTER
i already painted ur fucking room, now you want the shared bathroom painted, fuck u and give me ur 30days notice, this is not a fucking apartment complex, you are renting a room in my fucking house!!!
I should've known better...

Vape On
You have no idea what fun I have dealing with 40 of them who don't realize baby wipes don't go in the toilet, grease doesn't go down the sink, if the garbage disposal jams you use the damned allen wrench I gave you and give it a crank before calling me on a Saturday, that when it rains your dirt driveway will get muddy, trees tend to drop a lot of leaves when it's windy, the parking permit I gave you means you can call the tow company if some drunk idiot leaves their car in your spot while they're at the bar, or a cornucopia of other things I haven't encountered in the last week happen...just remember you and I, as the landlords, are the assholes when bad things happen following these bad decisions or acts of nature...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@OBDave Below you will find some of my answers on those pesky probems.
You have no idea what fun I have dealing with 40 of them who don't realize baby wipes don't go in the toilet
Even thought here's a clear warning directly on package not to do that.

grease doesn't go down the sink
Sigh...It's like Julia Child never said 1 word on the subject ever...Oh wait.

if the garbage disposal jams you use the damned allen wrench I gave you and give it a crank before calling me on a Saturday
This usually gets tossed after 1 of the kiddies uses it for something it's not intended for.

that when it rains your dirt driveway will get muddy, trees tend to drop a lot of leaves when it's windy,
Yeah bad weather is all our fault?

the parking permit I gave you means you can call the tow company if some drunk idiot leaves their car in your spot while they're at the bar
Hey McDouchenozzle did you know that BMW = Break My Window

VU Sponsors