Vape On

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Look RENTER
i already painted ur fucking room, now you want the shared bathroom painted, fuck u and give me ur 30days notice, this is not a fucking apartment complex, you are renting a room in my fucking house!!!
I should've known better...

Vape On
That's just why I sold the house I was renting. They fucking wana live like kings but treat it like shit. And expect you to walk over the catshit and dirty diapers like there not even there to fix shit that should be condemned since they've moved in and destroyed and expect you to fix it. Fuck'em

have a nice day

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fuck happened to america? That's right the dummber the commercial the more we will remember it

sent from a dumb operated smartphone
That is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???? I CAN'T UNSEE THAT NOW!!!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Look RENTER
i already painted ur fucking room, now you want the shared bathroom painted, fuck u and give me ur 30days notice, this is not a fucking apartment complex, you are renting a room in my fucking house!!!
I should've known better...

Vape On
EVICTION NOTICE

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
vape juice that tastes like shit instead of changing the coil,
My wife has a nasty habit of not changing her coil-heads often enough.
Her - "Hey babe this tastes weird"
Me - "When's the last time you changed the coil?"
Her - "Last month sometime"
Me - "OMFG"
Me again - "I love you babe but you need to learn to change them out sooner"
Her - "Sorry, sorry...Will you do it for me?"
Me - Sigh..."Yeah sure"

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The more I read about the current crop of 26650 and dual-18650 mods, the more inclined I'm becoming to just buy another eVic-VTC Mini and have done with it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna derail the train for a sec, got a question but don't see the need for a thread when it's likely a simple answer.
The husband just ordered a flashlight that requires 18650 batteries (and for a split second implicated that I would share mine...:eek:....uh, HELL NO....lol!!). But in the process of ordering said batteries, it occurred to me that I wasn't sure if I needed flat top or button. The description doesn't tell either. Anyone have any idea which one I need?

chaz101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The more I read about the current crop of 26650 and dual-18650 mods, the more inclined I'm becoming to just buy another eVic-VTC Mini and have done with it.
Good choice Jim

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh crap....and I just ordered buttons....:oops:
That's probably not a bad thing, really. I had a brief discussion with Jon at Liion about a couple mods I have and the batteries I was using. Turns out they worked with both. He told me I might get a bit longer life with flat tops, but I haven't noticed that much. BUT.. both button and flat worked, so there's that. Rat probably knows MUCH more about it than I do.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's a flashlight, not as worried about batteries for one of those, that's why I got semi-cheapos from eBay. If they're wrong, I'll just send them back. ;)

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Oh crap....and I just ordered buttons....:oops:
Most quality flashlights can take either.

Well, it's a flashlight, not as worried about batteries for one of those, that's why I got semi-cheapos from eBay. If they're wrong, I'll just send them back. ;)
That's wrong thinking. Very wrong thinking. Li-ion powered flashlights and their batteries are every bit as dangerous as are mods.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put both in mine. One my mod batterys get wear I don't wana put them in my mod I'll us them in my light. And my DNA 40w came with button top battery in it

have a nice day

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most quality flashlights can take either.

That's wrong thinking. Very wrong thinking. Li-ion powered flashlights and their batteries are every bit as dangerous as are mods.
The hardcore flashlight guys are just as anal about batteries as we are in our mods. That said, I've been using Efests in my 1000lm XM-L2 flashlights with nary a problem for dog walking duties for a couple years. If it were were a LEO formal duty,regular use flashlight, I'd get better.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously?? I guess I figured nothing much could go wrong....not like a mod blowing up in your face wrong....o_O

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm thinking of buying an LED flashlight top with a 510 connection. Screw it on an old mod, pull the chip and rewire/resolder the guts. Might not be worth the hassle though. Would have to solve the momentary power-button issue. FT sells the 510 LEDs for less than 10 bucks, although I have no idea what quality they are. Plus, FT's shut down for another week due to Chinese New Year. Might lose interest by then.

The nasty orange big box store sells one 18650 flashlight. $140. Not a typo. It takes a lot of balls to charge that much for a battery housing and a bulb.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking of buying an LED flashlight top with a 510 connection. Screw it on an old mod, pull the chip and rewire/resolder the guts. Might not be worth the hassle though. Would have to solve the momentary power-button issue. FT sells the 510 LEDs for less than 10 bucks, although I have no idea what quality they are. Plus, FT's shut down for another week due to Chinese New Year. Might lose interest by then.

That's a bad 2010 flashback from when guys were buying flashlights, and putting 510 connectors on them.

The nasty orange big box store sells one 18650 flashlight. $140. Not a typo. It takes a lot of balls to charge that much for a battery housing and a bulb.

Ignorance is bliss, and profitable.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
... The nasty orange big box store sells one 18650 flashlight. $140. Not a typo. It takes a lot of balls to charge that much for a battery housing and a bulb.
I don't know what that big box store sells for $140. Could be crap, but that amount spent, is barely scratching the surface for high-end flashlights.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know what that big box store sells for $140. Could be crap, but that amount spent, is barely scratching the surface for high-end flashlights.

Interesting. Never run into that before. Here's the flashllight:
Fenix TK series: 1,800 lumens, three 18650s.
Model TK51-L2U2-BK. $160 from Fenix, $120 at B&H Photo/Video.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Interesting. Never run into that before. Here's the flashllight:
Fenix TK series: 1,800 lumens, three 18650s.
Model TK51-L2U2-BK. $160 from Fenix, $120 at B&H Photo/Video.
Not looking at it, (lol, sorry). Fenix isn't bad. Go have some fun at Candle Power Forums. It's a world that'll suck you in like this one here, but it may be bigger. Is it worth it? Yes, imo it is, but we're all different. My own particular favorite lights are made by HDS Systems, McGizmo and Peak but also like some Chinese lights like EagleTac and a few others. If you're in the market, I'd say put it off for a few days/weeks and do some homework. Buy online not at a store, not at B&H (though they're the BEST for other things, not flashlights). Buy at a dedicated vendor like goinggear.com or lightjunction.com or many many others.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Go have some fun at Candle Power Forums.
Been there for some battery and laser stuff, but never spent too much time reading anything else.

Talk of flashlights hit this thread at the same time my newish $40 Maglite started shining at half power, with only rare pops back to normal brightness. I'll look into some of the brands you mentioned. We're in the sticks now and it's pitch black at night... we actually need a good one.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Been there for some battery and laser stuff, but never spent too much time reading anything else.

Talk of flashlights hit this thread at the same time my newish $40 Maglite started shining at half power, with only rare pops back to normal brightness. I'll look into some of the brands you mentioned. We're in the sticks now and it's pitch black at night... we actually need a good one.
What's your budget and how much light do you think you need? (i.e., like - brightness, throw distance & runtime).

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What's your budget and how much light do you think you need? (i.e., like - brightness, throw distance & runtime).

If I can't get this one repaired, I'd go up to $50. Run time is not a big concern. If Maglite's specs are to be believed, it's 134 lumens/388 meters. It was perfect for our larger yard, and she loves that it doubles as a billy club (Only 2 D cells, but still).

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If I can't get this one repaired, I'd go up to $50. Run time is not a big concern. If Maglite's specs are to be believed, it's 134 lumens/388 meters. It was perfect for our larger yard, and she loves that it doubles as a billy club (Only 2 D cells, but still).
A Maglite can't touch most of the lights that are out there these days

VU Sponsors