Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't understand the love for otterbox cases. Why put a case on a phone that so badly affects the functionality of it? There's better cheaper cases
I don't know what functionality you think it affects?
Mine works and functions the same with or without the case.

However, I'd like to see a phone survive getting run over or dropped, without the case, like mine have.

It costs better than 100 bucks to replace a broken screen, at the phone repair place. An otterbox costs me less than 75 bucks. It lasts the life of the phone. I have known several people to replace broken screen several times (E.G. 3-4 times) before getting a new phone.

People can be tough on their tools. I am one of them.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use an otterbox on my iPhone 6 Plus so my already massive phone is gigantic. I also drop it 50 times a day and have a three year old who grabs it with her grubby little hands every chance she gets. For me it's a necessary inconvenience.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c80aa6d8a13f1a5e1e93caa2048ae9f7.jpg
because I've had excellent performance of my last 2 Motorola phones, including this one, I think I'll get the Turbo 2 for my next upgrade..I like that shatterproof display feature...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c80aa6d8a13f1a5e1e93caa2048ae9f7.jpg
because I've had excellent performance of my last 2 Motorola phones, including this one, I think I'll get the Turbo 2 for my next upgrade..I like that shatterproof display feature...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
What's the fine print say about that shatter proof glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For iPhone users I highly suggest the Magpul case. (Unless you're some antigun liberal hippy of course)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What fine print? That screenshot came from the Verizon website...I guess I could research it better before making my mind up as my upgrade is still a few months away in May....

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What fine print? That screenshot came from the Verizon website...I guess I could research it better before making my mind up as my upgrade is still a few months away in May..so could you, lol

There's an * there. That's a bold claim to make so I was just curious.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

* says screen warranty is for 4 years against shattering or cracking...and your right, it is in the fine print seen in this screenshot on my tablet
c536102c5aa0fa8126b515754e18b44f.jpg

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No. It does not have a screen protector on it. Sorry if I don't want my phone in a fucking tomb
Oh, ok.

I like the screen protectors. They stop my screen from getting scratched all to hell. I don't treat my phone like its a newborn baby. I use the hell out of it.

So a tough case and a screen protector are a necessity for me.

All my old phones look brand new when I sell them. I get much more money for them, then the ones beat all to shit.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, ok.

I like the screen protectors. They stop my screen from getting scratched all to hell. I don't treat my phone like its a newborn baby. I use the hell out of it.

So a tough case and a screen protector are a necessity for me.

All my old phones look brand new when I sell them. I get much more money for them, then the ones beat all to shit.
You should check these magpul cases out. They really are quite good. & most screen protectors work with them bang for the buck wise these are undoubtedly the best cases you can get

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I'm going to be on the water I've a waterproof, floating bag, with a lanyard on it, that I use. One side is clear, and you can use the phone through it. I put the lanyard around my neck and stuff the thing behind whatever PFD I'm wearing. Then, even if I go into the water, I still have my phone and I can still use it while in the water. Can't use the camera through it, though. Only downside.

It does float, with the phone in it, too. I tested it.

That never made any sense to me, either. When I got my first smartphone I bought the most slim, unobtrusive case I could get for it. It still made the phone a lot more bulky. My current phone is alleged to be splash-proof (somewhat waterproof, actually) and somewhat immune to drops, so it's going naked.

I don't buy $600-$700 phones, either. So even if the worst does happen: I'll just buy a new one.

last year i left the iOS behind and have been using Microsoft phones. Much much tougher than apple devices! I'm rough on phones but not brutal, it gets dropped and rolled over about once a day. I keep it in a low profile dual layer case and my 950 hasnt had an issue at all.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You should check these magpul cases out. They really are quite good. & most screen protectors work with them bang for the buck wise these are undoubtedly the best cases you can get
Just checked out their site.
They don't make cases for the Note series of phones.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problem.

Were I able to get into a smaller case, that gave me the protection I needed, I would switch. So far the only case I have been able to use and trust, has been the otterbox defender cases.
Let me check, I got bad bad OCD. I'll find something lol Note 5 you said?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I'm the Note 5, but I always check eBay for cases and screen protectors. Got my snazzy case and three glass screen protectors there for under $15. Same stuff from AT&T would have been almost 50.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No, I'm the Note 5, but I always check eBay for cases and screen protectors. Got my snazzy case and three glass screen protectors there for under $15. Same stuff from AT&T would have been almost 50.
Bought my otterbox at ATT for 10 bucks. :p;)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought my otterbox at ATT for 10 bucks. :p;)
M brother likes the OtterBox Commuter case for his droid Maxx ..he paid like $25 for it at the Verizon store.. I've never had a OtterBox but I hear they're pretty good cases.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
M brother likes the OtterBox Commuter case for his droid Maxx ..he paid like $25 for it at the Verizon store.. I've never had a OtterBox but I hear they're pretty good cases.

The commuter is basicly the defender, minus the outside rubber cover. And no belt clip.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do a search on Amazon. A bunch came up. Cheap. Tons of options
I've looked at other cases before. There just isn;t anything I have found that offers the same level of protection, in a thinner case. Drop protection is pretty important. I've dropped my phone 5+ feet onto concrete before. Gotta be a pretty tough, shockproof case.

Just a hard plastic shell isn't enough protection for me. It needs the cushion of silicone or rubber too.

Ever drop your phone from a first story roof, onto the driveway? Cheap cases don't usually cut it.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've looked at other cases before. There just isn;t anything I have found that offers the same level of protection, in a thinner case. Drop protection is pretty important. I've dropped my phone 5+ feet onto concrete before. Gotta be a pretty tough, shockproof case.

Just a hard plastic shell isn't enough protection for me. It needs the cushion of silicone or rubber too.

Ever drop your phone from a first story roof, onto the driveway? Cheap cases don't usually cut it.
No lol but a otterbox gets crushed to shit by some tractor tires! (Yerp, phone did too)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No lol but a otterbox gets crushed to shit by some tractor tires! (Yerp, phone did too)
Mine held up (HTC Vivid) to a skid steer running it over on concrete. Boogered up the rubber outside cover, but the phone was mint. That Vivid was my first contract phone. It died a year after I got it.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dear Acquaintances Who Are Spamming Me With Vacation Photos:

Seeing you holding a beer is the opposite of impressive. You've been able to legally acquire booze since you were 21. Fail.

You're at [exotic locale] but showing me the inside of a bar. Fail.

If you want to go for Strike 3, please send a selfie or a pic of your dinner plate.

Leave me alone,
--Lost

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Note 4 + Otterbox
Can you post a pic? I'm looking to upgrade to either the Note or Turbo 2 with the shatterproof screen...4yr warranty not to crack either...OtterBox is good too..

VU Sponsors