Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't have the right wording for this, so no Open Letter to the Environmentalist Cheese Hater. But...

You can get to the point where your extreme agenda will scare people away. This has been proven by psychologists looking into public inaction.

It can also turn you into a raging hypocrite. (Flying to multiple events, but finding the time to complain that Leo flew to the Oscars.)

You also have to start shunning real-world numbers to keep your hate alive, which is sorta frightening.

(By the way, I quit working for them. So the rants should slow down soon.)

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have the right wording for this, so no Open Letter to the Environmentalist Cheese Hater. But...

You can get to the point where your extreme agenda will scare people away. This has been proven by psychologists looking into public inaction.

It can also turn you into a raging hypocrite. (Flying to multiple events, but finding the time to complain that Leo flew to the Oscars.)

You also have to start shunning real-world numbers to keep your hate alive, which is sorta frightening.

(By the way, I quit working for them. So the rants should slow down soon.)
Congrats Lost! On to bigger & better things!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
People still watch the news?
77a18c56129d81b7b019a51cb2d95f57.jpg

I ALWAYS watch BULLSHIT

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm poor and happy
I ain't broke, but I'm poor...
Can't have everything you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both "poor" and "broke" are relative. Being unable to afford all the things you WANT is quite different from being unable to buy food or pay rent/mortgage.

I still can't afford everything I want. But we can pay the bills, pay the mortgage, and eat pretty much whatever we want, every single day. That's fine with me! I'm relatively happy now, since nobody is harassing us about bills we can't pay -- stress is NOT conducive to "happy."

Andria

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both "poor" and "broke" are relative. Being unable to afford all the things you WANT is quite different from being unable to buy food or pay rent/mortgage.

I still can't afford everything I want. But we can pay the bills, pay the mortgage, and eat pretty much whatever we want, every single day. That's fine with me! I'm relatively happy now, since nobody is harassing us about bills we can't pay -- stress is NOT conducive to "happy."

Andria
Oh ok
IM NOT POOR BUT NOT RICH
I AM
POORICH?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh ok
IM NOT POOR BUT NOT RICH
I AM
POORICH?

Heh, sounds about right. I guess the best thing about having to make a choice between rent or food is when things get better enough to be able to do both, you really appreciate it! But yeah, before we bought this house, the way our landlady was gouging us on rent meant we usually had to choose... food or rent? It's nice now to see a little bit of belly on my husband, because at the time we moved, he strongly resembled a concentration camp survivor -- you could see the knobs on the ends of all his bones, right thru the skin.

Andria

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
America the news?

Al Jazeera America signed off a couple weeks ago.

They lost hundreds of millions of dollars on the network. The immediate problem was putting "Al Jazeera" in the name. Didn't go over well.

People who worked there said it was run like crap. They had multiple batches of layoffs. In one batch, AJA emailed employees before sunrise to say they were fired and not to come in later that day. Problem is, at least one fired person was working overnights. He got the email while he was working and had to finish the shift. Bizarre things like that.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Al Jazeera America signed off a couple weeks ago.

They lost hundreds of millions of dollars on the network. The immediate problem was putting "Al Jazeera" in the name. Didn't go over well.

People who worked there said it was run like crap. They had multiple batches of layoffs. In one batch, AJA emailed employees before sunrise to say they were fired and not to come in later that day. Problem is, at least one fired person was working overnights. He got the email while he was working and had to finish the shift. Bizarre things like that.
But they do have ALJAZEERA international right? I like America they real peeps unlike the one we have right now...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heh, sounds about right. I guess the best thing about having to make a choice between rent or food is when things get better enough to be able to do both, you really appreciate it! But yeah, before we bought this house, the way our landlady was gouging us on rent meant we usually had to choose... food or rent? It's nice now to see a little bit of belly on my husband, because at the time we moved, he strongly resembled a concentration camp survivor -- you could see the knobs on the ends of all his bones, right thru the skin.

Andria
Damn.... That skinny?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn.... That skinny?

Yeah, it was terrible; he works hard, and has always had a metabolism from hell; he was absolutely emaciated, nothing but bones with a light covering of skin. Now, he looks healthy. :)

Andria

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But they do have ALJAZEERA international right? I like America they real peeps unlike the one we have right now...

Yeah, the main Al Jazeera is still around. They actually do a good job on reporting.

For AJA, they recruited from the American pool of reporters/anchors/producers/writers/etc. Lot of New Yorkers. The newsroom/offices were in Manhattan.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the main Al Jazeera is still around. They actually do a good job on reporting.

For AJA, they recruited from the American pool of reporters/anchors/producers/writers/etc. Lot of New Yorkers. The newsroom/offices were in Manhattan.
They got fucked by dc you think?
No wonder I don't see them
I'm fucking stuck watching
Bullshit

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hey got fucked by dc you think?

Nah. They just ran their own network into the ground. They made mistakes and didn't fix them.

Overall, the concept just didn't fly with Americans. Here's the thing... a lot of Americans SAY they want "real" news, but won't watch it. So here's AJA, trying to combine what people like about the regular Al Jazeera and make it more worthwhile for the U.S. viewers. But no revenue.

Distribution might have been in issue. (Was it even on the regular cable lineup? Can't remember.)

Editing to add this:
Also, the employees were MISERABLE.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah. They just ran their own network into the ground. They made mistakes and didn't fix them.

Overall, the concept just didn't fly with Americans. Here's the thing... a lot of Americans SAY they want "real" news, but won't watch it. So here's AJA, trying to combine what people like about the regular Al Jazeera and make it more worthwhile for the U.S. viewers. But no revenue.

Distribution might have been in issue. (Was it even on the regular cable lineup? Can't remember.)

Editing to add this:
Also, the employees were MISERABLE.
It was on time warner bro, people maybe didn't like the name
ALJAZEERA? Why would you name ur shit like that
Sounded like a terrorist channel?!

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the job that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends.

Some people started working it, not knowing what it was..

Now they will be working it forever just because..

This is the job that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends...

VU Sponsors