Become a Patron!

Should I use an e-cigarette to stop smoking?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Super BUMP!!!

This thread is magic!
I just magically found three link drop spammers in this thread. :giggle:
I'm pretty sure the links all went to sites that automatically install keylogging software and whatever else they think they need to get dirt on us nasty vapers. If thats the best they can do, they deserve a huge cut in their paychecks.

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm pretty sure the links all went to sites that automatically install keylogging software

Oh no! That will not do. All my world domination plans will be discovered. First order of business we make f'ing pants so everyone can get f'ed, global orgasm and everyone has a piece so there is peace. Second, we utilize Sporks as the universal eating utensil they are, no more forks and spoons. Third, everyone gets a lifetime supply of Silly Putty & Super Glue. Fourth, well, ... hm ... "Oh I'm being logged here too. Eeek!!!"

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
from Google Translate:
I never think e-cigarette can help you quit smoking。It’s just a feeling substitute.
I think only strict laws or more serious personal reasons can stop you from smoking。

I think "strict laws" never prevented anything.

Hotecig

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course, I found out. Anyway, e-cigarettes always help you with something!

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Of course, I found out. Anyway, e-cigarettes always help you with something!

Do appreciate the confidence in vaping. That said please do not over inflate that confidence. That can be just as bad, if not worse than a total lack of confidence.

Vaping is not a one size fits all panacea, which seems what you're conveying with "e-cigarettes always help you with something!" Vaping will not solve all the world's ills, ailments. It was never intended to do such a thing.

Yes it can help someone sincerely looking to quit smoking, quit smoking. Again though, a sincere desire to stop needs to be there. Some of us swap vaping for smoking, know I have.

Vaping at least offers a cleaner and less risky way to use nicotine. These are what vaping was intended to do. In as much, vaping is an aid to either an end of an addiction, or a help suffering the addiction with less risk.

In summary, vaping is about risk mitigation. Some may argue that using lithium ion batteries creates more risk. That's a valid point. All I can offer as retort is that there will always be trade offs, and if technology/ies are used responsibly risk should still be mitigated.

You can help my "crusade" as it were, write/email/phone some vaping industry leaders and ask for battery recycling programs. We could all use free mailers to ship old, fully discharged batteries back to manufactures/recycling centers. It might also be nice we get rewarded, say for example we send in five old batteries for a free one/two shipped to us.

We could really mitigate ecological risks doing this. I recently saw an article regarding lithium ion cells being recycled. And I'm sure there's more good news on recycling lithium ion cells. My point being a means for responsible use does/will soon exist & we need to follow suit and use responsibly.

But ultimately, it comes back to something my friend @Lady Sarah said.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. One must really want to, ...

My apologies if this read as "preachy". That wasn't my intention. Only desired to share my view of where we are at currently, & maybe a look to where we need to go.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors