Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hahahaaa!!!
:giggle:
Suuuuper stoked is all, none of my 'normal' friends can appreciate this stuff!!

I'm right there with you on that. Although, I did recently convert my fiancée to vaping and got her a T3 Mods Mini topped with a Hadaly. She still doesn't understand the high end stuff though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A little off the squonk topic but I wanted to share my excitement..
Since discovering mech squonking I've been completely off the regulated stuff, even fired up the ol' Vaponaute Le Petit Gros for the first time in moons.. which made me start rethinking tube mechs ...so I've been obsessing for the past month to find the ultimate stealth 18650 rig. ...was finally able to make the connection with JD Tech today!
Sooo... the newest addition to my stable should be here in a week or so from the Philippines..
JD Tech Tomahawk X (500 made, only 71mm tall!) and Manta 24mm RDTA, sexxxxxxxy!!
View attachment 90644
(Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Squonk Program)
Very nice, but how does she squonk? :cool:

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now.....what're tryin' to say? Besides, what is "normal"? By whose standards?

Well... to us they are 'abnormal' for sure!
Mannn... seeing this talk of the other half, last year I got divorced after 22 years and my current girlfriend lives in England, so I'm lucky right now to sow my vape oats like a madman!!
Going shopping for myself has been unheard of for the past 22 years, I'm making up for lost time.... !!
:bingo:

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For a little while I was hunting a munoz bell cap for something, and it just never came out - they were busy with "hot" rda's not my whatever it was (narda or hadaly probably). Now, I'm kind of "meh" on a clear cap. My builds aren't anything you want to show off, lol.

I'd be interested maybe in an alternate cap for the Haku, but I'd rather have a shot at another Haku. It IS a really nice RDA.
Ultem would be good...

Actually, I really like that tip on the left - any idea what THAT is??

Gotcha there. My coils are never anything great either but I love the clear look.
I messaged Michel about the drip tip for ya dude, I'll let ya know when/if I hear back.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mmmmmmmmm......
Woof :confetti:

ZiW3DBi.jpg

C3scott

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm really enjoying it, I don't think it's much "stronger" of a vape but the strength of strong hits definitely seems to last longer. First 20700 mech I've really used much. I have a 20700 tube but only been using it with 18650's.
Oh yeah and I switched to the icon. Idk why but my build in my elite wasn't sitting right with me.
One negative for me though is this gap! It bugs me. Does yours have it?
c2d35981ae69ba24ab8fe16b7a3e095e.jpg
a7731e1e27e4970106cb946c62e88f90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
How is the fire button on that

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FYI @Train , Mr. Bell Cap wrote back, says that drip tip is very verrrry old and was a gift. He doesn't know who made it.

C3scott

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Heads up if anyone is interested:
Small restock of the white delrin squonks just up on the Armageddon site.
5 of each available.
Is it a pain to change batteries on them? I'm between a derlin and a boxer. Was gonna pull the trigger on a boxer but I've seen that boxers may have wonky fire buttons so I'm exploring other options.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is it a pain to change batteries on them? I'm between a derlin and a boxer. Was gonna pull the trigger on a boxer but I've seen that boxers may have wonky fire buttons so I'm exploring other options.

Not any more so than normal, a hard tap tap to the palm of your hand and it releases.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looookout man!!! You have a fistful of unicorns!

LOL a bunch of stuff, that's for sure!
Anyone can buy the pulsar, no secret handshake required, but restocking delays can take a couple of weeks.
We in the US are even more fortunate because we don't pay VAT, so the price went from €299 to €249. Shipping is DHL whether you like it or not, and that's €30.
For the quality and thought put into the device, I have to say it's the top-fire squonker that has been missing in my life since the Reo days and I doubt there's something similar (and available) in the same price point that could touch it.

Now as for the Haku:
Steven is a man of integrity and he has always stuck to his idea that everyone who wants a Haku will have one, at RRP or less (if he had anything to do with it) and there wouldn't be any of the bullshit you see with armor, solo, m atty, the like.
Trust that the project is still gaining steam and the team is working at full capacity to make the vision happen, but for now it's an ugly necessity to have lists and random drawings until enough of them get into circulation to make the masses say "ahhhhh" and chase the next unicorn they see in the bushes.
Steven is a dear friend to me from well before he dreamed up the Haku project and it is truly humbling to hear him speak of the real love he has for the community and his project. He lost countless hours of sleep worrying if it would be well-received and still loses sleep today because he just wants everyone to be happy with a Haku in their hand, but an operation like his with the QC and logistics involved is no easy task to accomplish in the timeframe most people have become accustomed to.
I'm not here to tout my relationship with Steven or claim that I have some insider information not available in the group at large, but it should be well-known among the non-facebookers here that there is a plan with Haku now and in the future, and that plan doesn't involve slowing production or limiting batches, but quite the opposite. You'll have your wonderful toys, boys and girls!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All hype aside, too...it's a pretty darned good atty. I'd buy another one.
:D

(note - that's actually saying something - I'm into VARIETY. I have a lot of mods and a lot of atties, but not that many "doubles").

LOL a bunch of stuff, that's for sure!
Anyone can buy the pulsar, no secret handshake required, but restocking delays can take a couple of weeks.
We in the US are even more fortunate because we don't pay VAT, so the price went from €299 to €249. Shipping is DHL whether you like it or not, and that's €30.
For the quality and thought put into the device, I have to say it's the top-fire squonker that has been missing in my life since the Reo days and I doubt there's something similar (and available) in the same price point that could touch it.

Now as for the Haku:
Steven is a man of integrity and he has always stuck to his idea that everyone who wants a Haku will have one, at RRP or less (if he had anything to do with it) and there wouldn't be any of the bullshit you see with armor, solo, m atty, the like.
Trust that the project is still gaining steam and the team is working at full capacity to make the vision happen, but for now it's an ugly necessity to have lists and random drawings until enough of them get into circulation to make the masses say "ahhhhh" and chase the next unicorn they see in the bushes.
Steven is a dear friend to me from well before he dreamed up the Haku project and it is truly humbling to hear him speak of the real love he has for the community and his project. He lost countless hours of sleep worrying if it would be well-received and still loses sleep today because he just wants everyone to be happy with a Haku in their hand, but an operation like his with the QC and logistics involved is no easy task to accomplish in the timeframe most people have become accustomed to.
I'm not here to tout my relationship with Steven or claim that I have some insider information not available in the group at large, but it should be well-known among the non-facebookers here that there is a plan with Haku now and in the future, and that plan doesn't involve slowing production or limiting batches, but quite the opposite. You'll have your wonderful toys, boys and girls!

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Another FYI for anyone hunting a BOLT, there's a doc that's been open for a few hours on the 'Squonkable 18+' Facebook page and still accepting orders for the limited edition Squonkable branded BOLT.
Comes in either black or violet with optional custom doors & token sets in either clear or green by PMM.
BOLT is $165
Door/Button sets $65
Incl. US shipping
Payment no later than Monday

IMG_3358.PNG IMG_3359.JPG

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
All hype aside, too...it's a pretty darned good atty. I'd buy another one.
:D

(note - that's actually saying something - I'm into VARIETY. I have a lot of mods and a lot of atties, but not that many "doubles").

Completely agree.

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want the Haku because it's a easy flavor based atty! Able to build up to 4mm gap and long as maybe.. 8 wraps so be interesting once I get my hands on it in the near future lol

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm really enjoying it, I don't think it's much "stronger" of a vape but the strength of strong hits definitely seems to last longer. First 20700 mech I've really used much. I have a 20700 tube but only been using it with 18650's.
Oh yeah and I switched to the icon. Idk why but my build in my elite wasn't sitting right with me.
One negative for me though is this gap! It bugs me. Does yours have it?
c2d35981ae69ba24ab8fe16b7a3e095e.jpg
a7731e1e27e4970106cb946c62e88f90.jpg

Yeh, she gapped. Just not as noticeable cause the one I have is black. For me it's a back pocket mod anyways, prob won't stay pretty for long. How you like the icon? Been going back and forth on whether I'm gonna get one or not.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Sean Maddox door/button set showed up today. Came out super nice. If anyone is looking for a stabwood door/button hit him up on Facebook. Super cool dude that does amazing work. He does doors for a few different mods. He can also make the logo on the door glow in the dark...

LbsIzqZ.jpg

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Sean Maddox door/button set showed up today. Came out super nice. If anyone is looking for a stabwood door/button hit him up on Facebook. Super cool dude that does amazing work. He does doors for a few different mods. He can also make the logo on the door glow in the dark...

LbsIzqZ.jpg

Sweeeeet!!

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My white little Orca is cruising along pretty quick.Floris shipped it last friday,and it cleared customs in New York last night (Wednesday),so i figure hopefully i may see it monday or tuesday.I got so excited to see it moving that fast,that i had to order another in black haha.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My white little Orca is cruising along pretty quick.Floris shipped it last friday,and it cleared customs in New York last night (Wednesday),so i figure hopefully i may see it monday or tuesday.I got so excited to see it moving that fast,that i had to order another in black haha.
That's my next project after tlf. Black little orca.

Don't drip and drive SQUONK

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeh, she gapped. Just not as noticeable cause the one I have is black. For me it's a back pocket mod anyways, prob won't stay pretty for long. How you like the icon? Been going back and forth on whether I'm gonna get one or not.
It's decent but not my favorite. Hopefully my undiscovered new favorite gets here soon. Bought 2 pulse 24's yesterday

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just a heads up that FT just posted 28 different listings for the Therion 75C and the YFTK SVA styled DNA 75 mod.

https://www.fasttech.com/search?Therion DNA 75c

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10035511/8752600-yftk-sva-styled-75w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

Thanks a lot (sarcastic tone lol) Ever since you posted this I've been fighting the urge and lost the battle this morning, pulled the trigger on the black on black Therion bf. I'm going to have to get busy selling cacti to help my PayPal balance recover. It's all for the best, was wanting one of the regular 75 bf's before they stopped making them, now I get to check out the 75c :)

As for the yftk sva clone, mine is great, I've said it before I actually like it just as much or more than the inbox. Looks like they are getting on top of the quality control problems hopefully, maybe another reason the price has increased.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks a lot (sarcastic tone lol) Ever since you posted this I've been fighting the urge and lost the battle this morning, pulled the trigger on the black on black Therion bf. I'm going to have to get busy selling cacti to help my PayPal balance recover. It's all for the best, was wanting one of the regular 75 bf's before they stopped making them, now I get to check out the 75c :)

As for the yftk sva clone, mine is great, I've said it before I actually like it just as much or more than the inbox. Looks like they are getting on top of the quality control problems hopefully, maybe another reason the price has increased.

The look of the SVA clone appeals to me but I'm down to only two unregulated mods since I discovered mech squonkers. I used to exclusively vape regulated setups but there's something more "lively" to a mechanical vape that I like and am now hooked on.

Seriously thinking about unloading my SXK Billet Box to fund a nice RDA unicorn.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The look of the SVA clone appeals to me but I'm down to only two unregulated mods since I discovered mech squonkers. I used to exclusively vape regulated setups but there's something more "lively" to a mechanical vape that I like and am now hooked on.

Seriously thinking about unloading my SXK Billet Box to fund a nice RDA unicorn.

Im with you on that. Tried for 2 hours last night to find the matching button for my BB so I could sell it. Mech squonkers got me going CRAZY lol

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I hear ya, I love them all lol. I love the simplicity of mechs and something about the vape from a mech, but I also like the "on the fly" customization of regulated.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohhhh that makes sense.

Actually I can get a nice restricted lung hit with my Insider atty bridge. Plus you can use Kanger Subtank coils if you want an even looser draw...

Another reason people like them is because it's very pocketable... it's not much wider than an 18650 and the tank is well protected by the outer panels. Sort of a high end, well-designed rebuildable (or not) AIO.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good Morning Squokeez!
Had some nice luck this morning, checked eBay with my morning coffee and scored one of these finally. $37 Buy It Now with a GeekVape build kit & some factory twisted coils thrown in for sh!ts and giggles.
Came out to $44 with shipping, couldn't resist that. Happy to own one of these finally.. not the latest & greatest fo sure, but a cool little piece of vape history!
; ))

IMG_3361.jpg IMG_3362.jpg IMG_3363.jpg

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I gotta stop slackin! Haven't used my coupon yet! Really really wish Tlf didn't reserve alumide for LE only. I know it doesn't make much of a difference besides esthetically but I like it.

I heard alumide was brittle.

Don't drip and drive SQUONK

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A little feeler post, I have an extra authentic Armageddon Apocalypse Gen2 that I haven't used yet. Stainless steel deck, orange cotton candy color, came with a blue Half Moon Mods drip tip. New in pouch with baggie of spares, and I have an extra squonk pin too. They go for $40 now on the Armageddon site. Then squonk pin is $6 and shipping is $7. I'll sell it to someone here for $40 shipped in the US. Happy to ship international. You pay the shipping. Anyone interested before I put in in the classies?

VU Sponsors