Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The CAM-M. A dual 18650 mech that hits harder than any other mech I have, including the much pricier ones. Upgraded with a self-adjusting 510.
46555cbf2aa0026317812b3470e77c04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The CAM-M. A dual 18650 mech that hits harder than any other mech I have, including the much pricier ones. Upgraded with a self-adjusting 510.
46555cbf2aa0026317812b3470e77c04.jpg

You need to get the new dually contacts installed.

I never bought a cam m. Read too many reports of needing daily maintenance. And Tom can be a bit of a cunt if you weren't in his thread from the start.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You need to get the new dually contacts installed.

I never bought a cam m. Read too many reports of needing daily maintenance. And Tom can be a bit of a cunt if you weren't in his thread from the start.

He can be a total cunt all right, but with the upgraded 510 the leaking problem (which was the cause for the daily maintenance) is supposed to be a thing of the past. That's why I snatched another mod in addition to the one I sent for an upgrade. Will report back after the test drive. Keeping my fingers crossed.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He can be a total cunt all right, but with the upgraded 510 the leaking problem (which was the cause for the daily maintenance) is supposed to be a thing of the past. That's why I snatched another mod in addition to the one I sent for an upgrade. Will report back after the test drive. Keeping my fingers crossed.

hope it works out

saw elsewhere you'll be waiting a while for your pinch? bummer. Hard hitting single cell mods those

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is a beauty Tamer!

Can't wait to get your full assessment
wish id have kept a cam-m now that he is fixing it.but is the extra cost to fix it very much?btw got the new hadaly clone atty and its real easy to build on and used FDV smaller bf pin,had to trim about 1/8th inch off to get it flush inside the atty.other then that plug and play.nice vape,can close it way down for tight air or really free up the air wide open.for about 14$ thats a hell of an atty...took 20 days to get here..not bad either.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

just have to not think he is your buddy...well unless ya spend unreal amounts of money and never bitch to him about anything then he is a swell guy...lol.its gotten way easier to just do your own bf'ing and bypass the attitudes.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wish id have kept a cam-m now that he is fixing it.but is the extra cost to fix it very much?btw got the new hadaly clone atty and its real easy to build on and used FDV smaller bf pin,had to trim about 1/8th inch off to get it flush inside the atty.other then that plug and play.nice vape,can close it way down for tight air or really free up the air wide open.for about 14$ thats a hell of an atty...took 20 days to get here..not bad either.

He charged $50 for the upgrade which maybe a bit on the steep side considering the whole mod cost $100 before the upgrade. But on the other hand I don't really know the price of the new 510. So all in all it's not as much of a bargain as the CV, but still a good deal and way cheaper than the tmod or the cc, with great performance.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just have to not think he is your buddy...well unless ya spend unreal amounts of money and never bitch to him about anything then he is a swell guy...lol.its gotten way easier to just do your own bf'ing and bypass the attitudes.

I fully agree. I'm seriously considering going down that route. Just need to get some tools and some FDV pins, or go to a nearby shop and have them do it for me. It's not like it's nuclear physics. Having to pay $30 or $40 for a simple conversion is outrageous really.

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So far I dealt with the two Toms and Pdib. As far as professionalism goes I think Pete is number 1. He is pleasant to do business with and manages to maintain excellent relations with his clients. The two Toms need some training and attitude adjustment when it comes to customer orientation really. It's not enough to be a good technician to run a business. Your customers are the reason you're in business. You're not doing them any favor, so lose the attitude, treat them with respect, and try to respect your delivery dates.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I fully agree. I'm seriously considering going down that route. Just need to get some tools and some FDV pins, or go to a nearby shop and have them do it for me. It's not like it's nuclear physics. Having to pay $30 or $40 for a simple conversion is outrageous really.

only tool ya need is a flathead screw driver,allenhead wrench to fit the FDV bf pins and a dremmel or a badass file to file the pins down if you want them to be at deck heigth<bad spelling) on the inside for drainage of juice completly...kinda...lol.ya know?so dont wait any longer man do your own.you dont have to grind anything out of the juice holding area.Tom does sometimes but ya done have to do it.ive got 14$ in my hadaly clone atty and it kicks ass.i have a few other 9$ attys comming to go on my bf mods...o-atty is 1 of them.the hadaly is a really good atty and can be airy or not.easy to build on also.take care bud,good chattin with ya!im waiting on my tmod from tom..hope its here b4 the new year...lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
only tool ya need is a flathead screw driver,allenhead wrench to fit the FDV bf pins and a dremmel or a badass file to file the pins down if you want them to be at deck heigth<bad spelling) on the inside for drainage of juice completly...kinda...lol.ya know?so dont wait any longer man do your own.you dont have to grind anything out of the juice holding area.Tom does sometimes but ya done have to do it.ive got 14$ in my hadaly clone atty and it kicks ass.i have a few other 9$ attys comming to go on my bf mods...o-atty is 1 of them.the hadaly is a really good atty and can be airy or not.easy to build on also.take care bud,good chattin with ya!im waiting on my tmod from tom..hope its here b4 the new year...lol
O Atty clone is not bad.
Also for the Tsunami 22. It does not come with squonk pin and a FDV pin is too short.
However Heavens Gifts has them for around $3 each.

And yes I had to shorten both ends of a FDV pin to fit a Kennedy V3 clone.

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

im really liking the hadaly after a few diff coils i did a z coil and flavor is great,air is really good anyway ya want it.lookin forward to my o-atty and the something 86 bf atty.clone city for me,enuf of hi-end anything...im the dumpster vaper i suppose...lol.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
im really liking the hadaly after a few diff coils i did a z coil and flavor is great,air is really good anyway ya want it.lookin forward to my o-atty and the something 86 bf atty.clone city for me,enuf of hi-end anything...im the dumpster vaper i suppose...lol.

Been trying not to jump on the "latest, greatest" bandwagon lately and had decided not to go for the Hadaly.

Glad I changed my mind on this one ;)

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was offered an authentic DDP with bf pin for 150 CN today. I passed. I wanted it but ...

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been trying not to jump on the "latest, greatest" bandwagon lately and had decided not to go for the Hadaly.

Glad I changed my mind on this one ;)

Good call, I love mine. Still haven't put any other bf atty on since I got the Hadaly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well. blargh.
The Chin-O-Atty has made it directly onto the "well fuck, I could have had a burger" shelf.
Primarily because I have spent 2 hours trying to get the BF pin in right - when it does catch threads, it unseats the insulator. Over and over. Then the other little round bit of insulator shifted, so the pin when too far up. Dealing with that, had to pop it out, not sure if it's in backwards or not. Now if the threads catch, pin's extended too far. I'm done with it for now...

And even if that wasn't happening, what a pain in the ass those little plates are!! You don't slip wire along the side, like the Hadaly - that works FINE. No, you have to get the wire under the little plate without easy side access - and it's fit in tight enough that you have to pry or push it up. And try not to mutilate your coil while getting the legs in/under. If the authentic is like that, I'd be surprised (I'd also be pissed if I bought one).
I have one coming from Catfish - with those plates gone - heavier-duty post screws with heads instead, and a better squonk pin. I SHOULD have just waited for that - I coulda had a burger.
This crap came from Focalecig. Oh well. If I'm lucky, maybe "spare cap".

Tried yours yet, Lucy?
;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well. blargh.
The Chin-O-Atty has made it directly onto the "well fuck, I could have had a burger" shelf.
Primarily because I have spent 2 hours trying to get the BF pin in right - when it does catch threads, it unseats the insulator. Over and over. Then the other little round bit of insulator shifted, so the pin when too far up. Dealing with that, had to pop it out, not sure if it's in backwards or not. Now if the threads catch, pin's extended too far. I'm done with it for now...

And even if that wasn't happening, what a pain in the ass those little plates are!! You don't slip wire along the side, like the Hadaly - that works FINE. No, you have to get the wire under the little plate without easy side access - and it's fit in tight enough that you have to pry or push it up. And try not to mutilate your coil while getting the legs in/under. If the authentic is like that, I'd be surprised (I'd also be pissed if I bought one).
I have one coming from Catfish - with those plates gone - heavier-duty post screws with heads instead, and a better squonk pin. I SHOULD have just waited for that - I coulda had a burger.

Tried yours yet, Lucy?
;)

Nope.

I'm in the middle of developing an intense love affair with the Hadaly ATM, thank you very much :teehee:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So far I dealt with the two Toms and Pdib. As far as professionalism goes I think Pete is number 1. He is pleasant to do business with and manages to maintain excellent relations with his clients. The two Toms need some training and attitude adjustment when it comes to customer orientation really. It's not enough to be a good technician to run a business. Your customers are the reason you're in business. You're not doing them any favor, so lose the attitude, treat them with respect, and try to respect your delivery dates.

When vkiwi was still in business, he was my favourite to deal with. So flexible with everything.

Pdib is good too. But his affinity for speaking in riddles scares me.

Corey also good.

Maybe since I was in tbev thread in the first week, he has always treated me well. Just can't stick to a deadline to save himself. And needs to invest in post it notes for minor details of orders

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, tonight's just one o those nights - can't build anything right.
But that doesn't excuse the O-atty.

I DID get the GP running quite nicely!
Not cheap, but it was 30% off...
Anyway - it's got plenty of air for me, and the squonk is a pleasure (after a Narda...).
Coils have to be higher than I usually go for - almost everything I use has side or top air - this is from-under.
go-to-coil.jpg

That makes for really good flavor.
Building it is a breeze to me - easy to get at post holes, a familiar layout for my duals, etc...

I'm gonna have to vape it a while, and see -
a) ...whether juice wicks well enough from that depth to keep me wet
b) ...if condensation gets into those airholes and leaks out

Oh, and it's GP - machining is immaculate. Threads are butter, and the underside of the atty is friggin polished.
ultemuptop.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, tonight's just one o those nights - can't build anything right.
But that doesn't excuse the O-atty.

I DID get the GP running quite nicely!
Not cheap, but it was 30% off...
Anyway - it's got plenty of air for me, and the squonk is a pleasure (after a Narda...).
Coils have to be higher than I usually go for - almost everything I use has side or top air - this is from-under.
View attachment 67888

That makes for really good flavor.
Building it is a breeze to me - easy to get at post holes, a familiar layout for my duals, etc...

I'm gonna have to vape it a while, and see -
a) ...whether juice wicks well enough from that depth to keep me wet
b) ...if condensation gets into those airholes and leaks out

Oh, and it's GP - machining is immaculate. Threads are butter, and the underside of the atty is friggin polished.
View attachment 67890

Certainly is purty - hope it performs up to your expectations.

PS: hating on the NarDa is my department

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When vkiwi was still in business, he was my favourite to deal with. So flexible with everything.

Pdib is good too. But his affinity for speaking in riddles scares me.

Corey also good.

Maybe since I was in tbev thread in the first week, he has always treated me well. Just can't stick to a deadline to save himself. And needs to invest in post it notes for minor details of orders

Ditto on the post it notes big time!

Turbo seems like a decent guy too. Only I think I'll pull out of his list because I don't like regs that much any longer, even though I like the looks of his mods.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well. blargh.

Tried yours yet, Lucy?
;)

I got my O-atty from Focal. I had no problem switching the pins. Actually got the one from FT too. Minor differences between them. The FT one, I had to file the BF pin tip. Also the screws are a bit shorter than the one from Focal. The execution of the bridge design is fucking horrible. I imagine the one from Tom is going to be much better

1rudedog

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my O-atty from Focal. I had no problem switching the pins. Actually got the one from FT too. Minor differences between them. The FT one, I had to file the BF pin tip. Also the screws are a bit shorter than the one from Focal. The execution of the bridge design is fucking horrible. I imagine the one from Tom is going to be much better

glad i didnt buy an authentic o-atty and if i hate the O it was a hole 9$ so not a huge loss at all.the hadaly is really doing well still but the goon clone is really kickin butt.as far as the pin havin to be at deck hiegth it doesnt really matter to me it just "looks" good and does let it drain "some" jiuce back down...not a big deal to me either way.merry new year ya'll!!ha ha

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need to invest in a sturdier vice. Usually shoot 2 or 3 fdv across the garage dremeling to size. Still works out cheap with pins about a dollar each

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I sent a link to this post to Coppervape on their facebook page.

I got a reply from Coppervape, they currently have a 26650 mech squonker in prototype/sample stage and hope to release it soon. They also said they are drawing up and considering making a dual 18650, and wondered if that was a good idea. I replied that it was an outstanding idea...

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got a reply from Coppervape, they currently have a 26650 mech squonker in prototype/sample stage and hope to release it soon. They also said they are drawing up and considering making a dual 18650, and wondered if that was a good idea. I replied that it was an outstanding idea...
Nice maybe a group buy for the 26650

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

hopefully they at least use their own photos this time

and get QC up to scratch, unlike the single 18650's

i'm not big on 26650, i have a 26650 squonker, but the batteries just don't perform like 18650, let alone parallel 18650

will watch their dual cell, although i don't need one at all

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
got my o-atty clone last night. i'm liking it. the clamps sorta suck. i think i have to adjust my build. i did a single clapton with wire going through only one side of the clamp. so the clamp is really crooked when tightened and almost looks like the screw is bent. i guess to correct this, i need to wrap the leg around the screw and go through both sides of the clamp so there's even clamping force. oh, it still swooshes like my narda too. ha

UbUDZ0Wl.jpg

9ofTdGGl.jpg

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah the clamps sort of suck. I did dual coils in mine so the clamp is balanced.

I think if I was doing a single coil regular wire I would just remove the plates.

VU Sponsors