Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine should arrive today from 3f. Got 2 so I can polish one of them

Your post refreshed my memory so I checked my past orders/tracking. Seems I also have 2 incoming from 3f along with the sxk phenom. Might see them by tomorrow or Saturday.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope it's real carbon fiber for a ~$100 enclosure but looking at some pics online it looks like a carbon composite from the back side with a sticker added to the front

Either way, it will be rocking the flo green door and I can always pick up a piece of carbon plate and have a buddy replicate the faceplate if I need to.
It's not a sticker for sure. It's almost glass like I'm pretty sure it is real.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you get the feeling some of these things are all made in the same factory? Either that or the original manufacturer works hand in hand with the cloners and gets a cut?

Makes you wonder. Of course, you have situations like the Goon where it is the actual product being sold as a clone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For sure... in a month or two. Slow boat from Italy. Got the board on it's way so that will sit for a while waiting.

Looks like a nice piece of kit, just not stoked on the carbon sticker on the face plate & door. I'll have a buddy machine a piece of real carbon for the face plate and have a flo green door to run.
Yeah, the carbon is what keeps me from building one for personal use. After 3 weeks i finally got Floris to post other doors (have to buy separately) but he said the chip cover is too thin and only CF is available...

Last edited:

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It comes with an adapter to run 18650 batteries. But I agree with you on the battery life. I can get as much battery life using an 18650 as I get with either the 20700 out the v20750. I'm really disappointed in the batteries.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Running .3-.4 ohm builds you should look into the sanyo ncr20700b. 4000mah @15a. I run similar builds and find the battery life is quite an improvement

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the carbon is what keeps me from building one for personal use. After 3 weeks i finally got Floris to lost other doors (have to buy separately) but he said the chip cover is to thin and only CF is available...

I wonder if Sean Maddox could do some stab wood panels if you sent him the enclosure.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3fvape has had them for awhile... Already got mine. Oh... Btw, magnets came in! No more rubber bands :)
32e671f64a9ddbcd219165b943e627f2.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@So619Cal check this one out
aa8eab8dd21d6ce7d3e98a238bf83500.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah the Ne-Jo (Neo-Mojo) I wasn't much a fan of...still good looking though..

YFTK LeConcorde Supersonic on 3F today for $18.99. That was quick!

Well we know the price of the SXK Le Supersonic will be $8-11 based on YFTKs price lol
Do you get the feeling some of these things are all made in the same factory? Either that or the original manufacturer works hand in hand with the cloners and gets a cut?

Raphael (67 mods)eluded to this last night in Neo 3 Chat... that a large majority of "High End" Modders are getting their stuff from China... Also that there are Tiered differences from Factories in China...to which you can get 100% specced quality but at a higher premium.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more I see this mod the more I like it. You gonna dye it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I picked up some rit synthetic in black. Just got magnets yesterday. Have a 3rd body coming today... I haven't decided which I'll dye yet... I'm really digging the hell out of this mod though! I'll be installing some CAD stuff today to start working on an interpretation of this mod that uses a mosfet

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you use to polish it you don’t mind me asking? I used a dremmel, some red paste, then some mother’s mag. Came out pretty good but not super clear.

I wil be using a plexiglass polish but any polishing compound for paint should work just fine. A metal polish might be too abrasive and that might be why it's not super clear.

Same as you, dremmel

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wil be using a plexiglass polish but any polishing compound for paint should work just fine. A metal polish might be too abrasive and that might be why it's not super clear.

Same as you, dremmel
Agreed Mothers polish is a bit abrasive maybe?
Great for mods though.

houndb

Member For 4 Years
Here I am, trying the Fuchai! It looks good! Good weight, fairly decent display, TC for :poop:. Power mode is fine. Well built but not something I'm likely to keep for long unless it's in the car and I don't mind it getting messed up. It doesn't go below 10 watts but it adjusts wattage in 0.1 increments. Nice squishy bottle. I also received the Pocket and raspberry lemonade, thank you @So619Cal . The Pocket is not my idea of a MTL anything, fair restricted DL. I had to try the juice.....it definitely needs some steeping and I will most probably dilute it with some 50/50 VG/PG. I guess I didn't pay attention even though I was told it is a 3 mg juice:zombie::wait: so I got a little buzz going. On to the GeekVape now, I'll have to pre-order it.

When you are done with the pocket and Fuchai , hit me up that was a combo I was looking to try.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaponaut gets their stuff made in Korea. As for quick clone, it’s just a quick retooling of the Concorde.

Squonk Radar has more Vikset Haku caps in stock

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the carbon is what keeps me from building one for personal use. After 3 weeks i finally got Floris to post other doors (have to buy separately) but he said the chip cover is too thin and only CF is available...

Yeah, I ordered an extra clear green door.
I like carbon fiber when it is actually carbon fiber. Sounds like it is.

The chip cover would be odd with a clear plate so even though it's not matchy matchy, I would keep the carbon on even if the doors came with plates. Some people like to see the guys though, to bad they are so thin.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I picked up some rit synthetic in black. Just got magnets yesterday. Have a 3rd body coming today... I haven't decided which I'll dye yet... I'm really digging the hell out of this mod though! I'll be installing some CAD stuff today to start working on an interpretation of this mod that uses a mosfet
Id rather have the mech

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So my yearly gift to my nieces... Hanayama Brain Puzzles.

My sister asks why I always send these ;) I replied...well when they were with me last summer I bought them all one...and they were quiet and would try to figure them out for hours at a time... plus they are cheap...to me that is a win win sis... I could always send Candy and a case of Jolt Cola next time LOL

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My sister asks why I always send these ;) I replied...well when they were with me last summer I bought them all one...and they were quiet and would try to figure them out for hours at a time... plus they are cheap...to me that is a win win sis... I could always send Candy and a case of Jolt Cola next time LOL

I’m the opposite. I got my nephew Hulk Hands years back!

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Before I had kids took nephew to amusement park. Went to the store first to get stuff for lunch. Yea I was cheap then too. Let him pick his soda out he got Jolt of course. I had no idea what it was. Anyway I got a call at midnight from my brother WHAT THE HELL YOU GIVE MY KID. Guess he was still bouncing off the walls lmao

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well... I can't sell the mod as it's not my design and it's open source. However i could assemble one for you for a charge. If interested PM me and we can discuss the build

Or you could DIY... Here's the link to the files: https://apluswork.jimdo.com/downloads/
Think I have it in my computer some where because I was gonna print one. This would probably look cool in clear resin? Lol

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hmmm... It appears Yiloong had no problem stealing the design and selling it for profit...

If you're interested in the 18650 version with questionable internals it's here: http://www.3fvape.com/mechanical-mo...chanical-box-mod-white-pom-8ml-1-x-18650.html

I can also assemble the 18650 version but not this cheaply
You know now that I think about it I think there's a modder on fb using a very similar design. Does it hold together with 2 long rod magnets?

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Before I had kids took nephew to amusement park. Went to the store first to get stuff for lunch. Yea I was cheap then too. Let him pick his soda out he got Jolt of course. I had no idea what it was. Anyway I got a call at midnight from my brother WHAT THE HELL YOU GIVE MY KID. Guess he was still bouncing off the walls lmao

Always grab food and drinks before parks, fairs and even the movies. You spend double the admission in food and drinks if you don't.

VU Sponsors