Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope no one else gets what I just came down with earlier today..THE famous flu bug that's been going around. Vaping is not even do-able right now.
At least I work online so can power through it.. and bad with the good, I received a little Christmas bonus. A couple weekends away during my trip to France from May-July, one in Italy and one in Germany. Won't help with my Taco Bell Christmas dinner, but really looking forward to the trips.
Bring on 2018! And fcuk this damn flu !!
Luckily I got the flu earlier this season.It had me out of commission for about 4 days.But it made me feel like I got hit by a truck.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I was seriously looking at the Capo squonker but removed it from my list.Now I can't seem to remember why...Odd!
Several of the reviews on it state that it isn't powerful enough. The highest I ever vape at is about 50 watts.
I'm currently running a Clapton 0.4 ohm Kanthal coil and at 50 watts it's too hot for me. I'm vaping at 40 watts now and it's prefect for me.
I'm disappointed in the iJoy batteries, it came with a 20700 and I bought a 21700 and I can get as good of battery life from a good 18650.
With a dual coil RDA it looks batteries pretty fast. It's liable with a single coil, I'm running an O-Atty RDA and it's great.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So my yearly gift to my nieces... Hanayama Brain Puzzles.

My sister asks why I always send these ;) I replied...well when they were with me last summer I bought them all one...and they were quiet and would try to figure them out for hours at a time... plus they are cheap...to me that is a win win sis... I could always send Candy and a case of Jolt Cola next time LOL
Or send them Gansito's.

Gansito.png

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Several of the reviews on it state that it isn't powerful enough. The highest I ever vape at is about 50 watts.
I'm currently running a Clapton 0.4 ohm Kanthal coil and at 50 watts it's too hot for me. I'm vaping at 40 watts now and it's prefect for me.
I'm disappointed in the iJoy batteries, it came with a 20700 and I bought a 21700 and I can get as good of battery life from a good 18650.
With a dual coil RDA it looks batteries pretty fast. It's liable with a single coil, I'm running an O-Atty RDA and it's great.

40 watts is a bit high for me.I'm vaping at around 34 watts on my current squonk setup.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I want is phat clouds. Someone on here suggested I get the gx350 with a freemax fireLuke tank and I have that now. I feel like there is room for improvement? I would really take all suggestions. I know this is the wrong forum but I need some answers quick. Thanks guys
Always happy to help spend someone else's money! Is there a dripper (rda) you really like that produces the clods you're after? If yes, does it have a squonk 510 pin ( one with a hole running thru it). If the answer is yes, then the mech heads here can guide you , I use regulated squonk mods and doubt they'll get you there unless you get a two cell one. Armageddon was one rda mentioned but honestly, I'm a flavor chasing fool, don't know much about the foggy side of town. BTW, welcome to the bonkers side of vaping. :vino:

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3dp body arrived today... All assembled except for the magnets (hence the rubber bands)

Really enjoying it! It's so tiny and is packing a 21700! Feels great in the hand as well.
have one in black alumide coming also

S21 a+ by mushroom
2x700 mechanical
Nylon SLS print
MM510
YFTK 8ML silicone bottle
Solid silver contacts
5f5001382b8c5d50d147def684203c8b.jpg
9470764f452bbd16f642e2c98cb8d408.jpg

Link please?
All assembled alumide version has my interest.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So no issues on yours?
Cool on the list it goes.
Keep in mind I only had it for a day, no time to really "drag it thru the mud" so to speak. It feels solid. I don't think I'll be keeping it, the TC is crappy at best (I didn't read the little pamphlet....I mean manual) so I need to play with that a bit. If you only vape in power mode, you're fine. Just keep in mind that you need to tell the mod to read the resistance first otherwise it will bounce all over the place.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OH THAT IS SICK LOOKING.
But the price is way out of my league.

It really is gorgeous. But not $180 worth of gorgeous, by a long shot -- not regulated, and what's this nonsense about aluminum contacts? They do realize that aluminum is a really soft metal... don't they? But really it's the unregulated that kills it completely. And the price of course.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And off the list it goes.I hate mods that do that.

Yeah, reading the resistance is supposed to be automatic, real-time. I have no use for TC whatsofreakingever, but checking resistance? That should be a given.

Andria

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, reading the resistance is supposed to be automatic, real-time. I have no use for TC whatsofreakingever, but checking resistance? That should be a given.

Andria
It does read it automatically, but in TC it fluctuates a lot. Once I told it to read it, it was stable. I get the feeling the only adjustments you can make while in TC mode is the temperature and preheating wattage/duration. You can not change wattage (like on a DNA 75C), at least I don't think so.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have no use for TC whatsofreakingever.

Andria

I was the same way until I tried TC mode on a mod that handles it right. I have several mods that have TC mode but I'm convinced it's no more than a menu option on most of them.
My first Therion sold me on TC, no dry hits, a smooth consistent vape all the way through, it just works for me.
TC mode also works well on the less expensive Modefined Sirius.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back it up there, Mr. G! That there Sirius thaing ain't a squonk kinda thing! Ha! You made me look. Honestly, The one mod that did TC right by me was the G2 and its sibling the Slice. I guess I just have to make the time and build a squonk with a FSK chip for myself.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was the same way until I tried TC mode on a mod that handles it right. I have several mods that have TC mode but I'm convinced it's no more than a menu option on most of them.
My first Therion sold me on TC, no dry hits, a smooth consistent vape all the way through, it just works for me.

I just don't like the taste or vape quality with any of the non-kanthal coils; the vape is too smooth, too soft, too weak, and it's rarely ever consistent, even given all those "toos".(I smoked cigarettes for 39 yrs, not satin powderpuffs!) I can get great taste, great TH, and consistent performance from 29ga kanthal, but not, so far, with anything else, so... y'know... if it ain't broke. ;)

Andria

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just don't like the taste or vape quality with any of the non-kanthal coils; the vape is too smooth, too soft, too weak, and it's rarely ever consistent, even given all those "toos".(I smoked cigarettes for 39 yrs, not satin powderpuffs!) I can get great taste, great TH, and consistent performance from 29ga kanthal, but not, so far, with anything else, so... y'know... if it ain't broke. ;)

Andria
As he said its dependent on the chip an an there only really a few that can do it properly , which can add , Preheat , extra power so so wont be weak or tasteless either ,
Cheaper mods are just gimiky when claim TC which is why many claim it dont work , if can turn on TC setting an be able not dial anything, no curve ,no pre heat no adjusting wattage , then its rather pointless.
This is where higher end chips make a difference, to the other mid range chips,
Usually Takes going through settings an setting it up right so your getting that hit you do from raw power with protection of TC to cool it slightly an stop it dry hitting or burning instant ramp up big flavours an can take it higher or lower till you find your preferred toke.
SS wire dont have a bad taste , Kanthal has a funny taste to me effects flavours.
I do prefer SS wire now myself since moving on since kanthal, which is dual wire type, but depends on Quality of wire an where you buy from.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't know where you're getting that info dude, except for the Wismec collaboration (La Petite Box) all of Vaponaute's gear is made in the French Alps.
Unbelievable how fast Le Supersonic sold out, even stranger that my tracking info from France says Saturday. A Christmas miracle if that happens!
As for the clone, same old story.
YFTK has an original which they photographed for the pre-order. Right now they are frantically programming the CAD. The only thing that's actual in those photos is the shitty container. ...to go with the shitty final product!
o_O

Thought they used the same factory that Boost, Vapemonster and a few others use?

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yiloong new sqounker looks like could be nice , looks styled on Coppervape BF mod , shape at least,
If finished right at a good price too.
First 2 pics , then i messaged them an sent me pic of 3rd one which looks to not have the base metal fitting properly
3a1b0763135e209e00968a233e8ab1f6.jpg
0e8a5a7ac753c5671edc5918b20314d0.jpg
7967ba315988c081a6de051165608b8b.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yiloong new sqounker looks like could be nice , looks styled on Coppervape BF mod , shape at least,
If finished right at a good price too.
First 2 pics , then i messaged them an sent me pic of 3rd one which looks to not have the base metal fitting properly
3a1b0763135e209e00968a233e8ab1f6.jpg
0e8a5a7ac753c5671edc5918b20314d0.jpg
7967ba315988c081a6de051165608b8b.jpg

It looks nice in pictures but those people can fuck up a one car funeral! The stab wood can be really screwy if not done right and unless they have half a forest, they can't sell it at their usual mid-range prices.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks nice in pictures but those people can fuck up a one car funeral! The stab wood can be really screwy if not done right and unless they have half a forest, they can't sell it at their usual mid-range prices.
That it as i say first pics look nice but last one they sent me via fb message looks unfinished and top an base dont fit , showing metal when supposed to be counter sunk into the wood ,

As Todd showed on one of his videos the 510 wasnt even Centered on some of there mods , So will wait an see finished products

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What woodcraft do you do? I used to make looms and handturned, handcarved crochet hooks and knitting needles.

Today, I make brooms to support my obses... er... passion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Well, I've need to get started fully but I'm considering doing things like birdhouses, some wood burning, maybe small shelves, small drawer clutter nooks. I would like to perhaps get into making the wind/breeze blown toys / ornaments like the guy sawing a piece of wood or birds with spinning wings. Nothing too fancy to get started, work toward being more masterful at it and possibly get into doing larger furniture type of stuff. Had a great uncle that used to build gun cabinets for example, some of them were beautiful works out of oak, hickory.

Something I'm thinking about, just to keep in mind, we've had so much destruction lately that commodity prices might be steep. They are sure to use lots of lumber to help rebuild FL,TX, CA, Puerto Rico. That is certainly understandable yet it might put a pinch on those doing wood working. My FIL told me he saw 3/8" plywood an 8' x 12' sheet going for something like $50 to $60 recently here local. We figured it had to do w/ folks needing it in those places and folks scouring anywhere to get supplies.

I had read of your turning out brooms. :) I bet that is rather fun to do at times. Making looms? Oh wow, that's a bit beyond my confidence level at the time to attempt but that would be a very good thing to learn to make I'm sure. Get a loom going clothes can be made. :) My wife gets into her crochet & gets lost doing it. *chuckles* I might try picking knitting back up, had learned it once many a moon ago. My uncle did up some afghans for a while, he now is on a hat / toboggan making spree. He took a bunch up to the home where my grandma is, passed them out to folks with a big smile.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Squonk hole on both sides
and yes we know... its not an edge squonk :p

"Curse you Red Baron! May your camels get lost doing Fibonacci calculations multiplied by Pi to the third power. Ha!" :) :p

Do you get the feeling some of these things are all made in the same factory? Either that or the original manufacturer works hand in hand with the cloners and gets a cut?

I've had a feeling that Kanger/Smok/Innokin/Eleaf are all under one corporate "family" umbrella for quite a while. I realize that is only my speculation and will not say it is something I see as factual, only having a vague sense lots of similarity in their products. I would say the original manufactures possibly do help make the clones, taking a cut.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can get great taste, great TH, and consistent performance from 29ga kanthal, but not, so far, with anything else, so... y'know... if it ain't broke. ;)

Alf would say you got to fix it, now if it's broke you leave it alone. That way the idiot that tries fixing it but makes it worse gets the credit. But I'm not Alf.

Speaking of fixing though, ... had a panic attack sitting in the Jeep on a parking lot in town yesterday. I had also been to see the therapist yesterday. Can only figure I touched on something while there with her that let something loose. Had an odd sense of being lost sitting there in the parking lot.

I use combat breathing exercises, then kicked the seat back down, dozed off a little. There was too much "coming in" to keep alert / awake there. Felt myself freezing up but also tapping into the rational, training and the CBT. One of the CBT guides in Harrisonburg VA had told us that in a worst case taking a nap could help. It did and didn't help yesterday. Left me feeling kind of drained.

Aw well got some light housework today, reckon the routine of that will help me get sorted. :)

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you know the price point on 1 yet?

Price if he goes with vikset to make them is €279+ shipping

If he goes option B €179

Both in his words, "Quality is the same with option A or B"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@So619Cal I was wondering about neo67 accessories and where to buy them. I hear you're the man to ask.

Only thing you can accessorize with the Neo is the Button and Bottle ;)

As for QoL items... 510 Tool (Drip Factory Labs ) or Mod Maker make one...The 510 Contact Bridge so you can adjust button throw.

Guess you could get beauty rings from the plethora of places that have them?

That is all I can think of... well besides having .999 silver contacts rather than silver plated...but even then I don't think the Quality of the vape will be much different...(opinion)

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only thing you can accessorize with the Neo is the Button and Bottle ;)

As for QoL items... 510 Tool (Drip Factory Labs ) or Mod Maker make one...The 510 Contact Bridge so you can adjust button throw.

Guess you could get beauty rings from the plethora of places that have them?

That is all I can think of... well besides having .999 silver contacts rather than silver plated...but even then I don't think the Quality of the vape will be much different...(opinion)
Does a regular flathead not work well for adjusting the 510? I was watching Todd's review on this and it looked like that worked well.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does a regular flathead not work well for adjusting the 510? I was watching Todd's review on this and it looked like that worked well.

Oh it does... the 510 tool is designed not to marr up your silver plating on the nut etc of the 510 if you were to adjust things

4db7d7231f2cf4f8f0314e725c11e1bd.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tank for blowing clouds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry brother, no help here... Not cloud chucker...I think Cash N Vape can help you in that regards in the Mechanical section... I know he is a CBCs type of guy

VU Sponsors