Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Why not have a big tank that can hold a lot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because tanks and drippers function completely different and most of us have already been down the subohm/Rta road and figured out we enjoyed strippers better and now we can drip without actully having to drip or carry a bottle around. Squeeze and hit......
Edit-I see it but I'm not even going to edit it lol
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought the point of dripping was to make clouds???

Same set up as a dripper and I get more juice in this bottle than most tanks can hold. Best of both worlds. If. I want clouds, I build for clouds. You want another section man.
1de97b5b242e05400d0cce4da5b52e58.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Molly doors are tricky - I think there's some variance. But there's also actually "release" difference - like a 1.1 door won't fit right on a 1.3.
So you MAY need to sand edges...
On the other hand, I have a door that's T I G H T, but it will go in perfect...as long as I start by fitting the bottom first. Won't go flush if I try to go "straight in"...(I know...that's what she...).

So I got a new door today and I really like it but it sticks out to much for my liking. Should I round the edges? don't think I should make it thinner as I was told the first one broke when it was being made so I'm assuming this hybrid stab has some weak points?
76aa3a6ccc1fdf46762de5cea0856e71.jpg

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ok I apologize for the rudeness. Y’all have a merry Christmas and thanks for your time

Ahhh it's not really rude just not the right place honestly. I mean most of us will answer questions as long as they're on topic.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, just historically, Drippers were optimized for great flavor. And Tanks were optimized, well...to minimize leaking.
So drippers were better flavor devices.
Squonking let you use a dripper, without the hassle of actually "dripping" from a bottle every couple puffs.

Why not have a big tank that can hold a lot ?

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now i have a option to buy a white bliss with blue accents blue drip tip and blue thingy magig that goes on the bottom or rsa for 380 "only fired once "

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mmccurdy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So if some guy comes to you and says here is 10 thousand dollars. Get me the nicest RDA possible. What would you get?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, just historically, Drippers were optimized for great flavor. And Tanks were optimized, well...to minimize leaking.
So drippers were better flavor devices.
Squonking let you use a dripper, without the hassle of actually "dripping" from a bottle every couple puffs.
And big is not something most squonkers go for.
Most seem to want a small compact squonking rig. Big tanks are taller than many of our squonk mods.
Most squonk mods are single battery with only a very few double battery squonk mods out there.

'

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So if some guy comes to you and says here is 10 thousand dollars. Get me the nicest RDA possible. What would you get?

Nicest RDA depends on what style of vaping you prefer. MTL Direct lung primarially flavor, etc.
Same with any atomizer.
There is no one best atomizer in any category.
Just as there is on one best juice.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

If hes not expecting change... I'd probably try a Nuppin just 'cause of BrewBear... then buy a 2008 Toyota 4Runner for a project vehicle

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright guys bein serious what is it mean if a mod is mosfet

It means that it does not have a mechanical switch that carries all the current from the battery to the atty.
It has a little tactile switch that triggers a Mosfet semiconductor device that carries the current. So no cleaning switch, etc to keep your mod working.
Works the same every time.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I see. What does having the hole add to the vape and take away as well?

Sqounker = BF -, Bottom feed , you have a bottle full of liquid sealed that has a tube that feeds through the mods 510 into the bottom of your RDA

, Atomiser, RDA -Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser h RDA
that you buy or make your own coils for , to secure fit within the RDA
add cotton wick to the coils,
the juice is fed through the bottom of the RDA via BF
this wets wicks feeds coils
hey presto Vape could happen when button is pressed
to provide power to the coils ,
you then press the bottle called Sqounking to then push more Juice up to the bf RDA to keep vaping an keep wicks wet ,
Where a tank self feeds a RDA you drip or sqounk into to feed juice to the coils an wicks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

My favorite rsa to use right now is the B2k and it's only 70$ shipped. $50 right now on Facebook for Christmas.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It means that it does not have a mechanical switch that carries all the current from the battery to the atty.
It has a little tactile switch that triggers a Mosfet semiconductor device that carries the current. So no cleaning switch, etc to keep your mod working.
This has a mosfet and im crazy for it but its pricey "the white and blue "
74e09f44392b66ec086c3dfd8886a300.jpg
657c54224f711778216a8fd284b9aa43.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh it's not really rude just not the right place honestly. I mean most of us will answer questions as long as they're on topic.

An we have at least some knowledge of the subject too , we all ask questions but dam im sure if read a few forums first most could be answered , but can usually lead to more lol

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also can be less maintenance , on cleaning contact points , no need to strip out clean switch out

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On mosfet devices.
There are simple mosfet devices that only offer mosfet power switching and a limited reverse battery protection.
Then there are other mosfet devices with an intelligent controller 5 clicks off, low battery protection, etc like the Pico Squeeze.

mmccurdy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite rsa to use right now is the B2k and it's only 70$ shipped. $50 right now on Facebook for Christmas.

So if do not want to do a build yet but I want an RDA what kind of RDA do I need to look for? Like if I’m on google. What do I google?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An we have at least some knowledge of the subject too , we all ask questions but dam im sure if read a few forums first most could be answered , but can usually lead to more lol

Yep I watched lots of Youtube videos before I ever joined a vape forum.
Just search youtube for Sqounking 101 or RDA, etc.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So if do not want to do a build yet but I want an RDA what kind of RDA do I need to look for? Like if I’m on google. What do I google?

U have to build and install coils on a rda unless u buy premade coils but they still have to be installed its not plug and play

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There are NO RDA's worth using that use factory coils.
If you use RDA's you MUST learn to build and wick.
Learn Ohms law and how to make coils.

mmccurdy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so I want to learn how to build coils for an RDA. I personally want to build a RDA for clouds but you guys are different. What is the first step I should take

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I barley ever have to clean my contacts and no they're not dirty

I have a couple of Kato mech clones like that. Been vapin 1 of them for well over a year on and off and have yet to clean any contacts in them.
Best $10 I have spent on a mech.
My coppervapes though it is a once a week thing.

Of course silver contacts and such makes things better in a mech.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Can I ask you to answer one question honestly?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so I want to learn how to build coils for an RDA. I personally want to build a RDA for clouds but you guys are different. What is the first step I should take

Watch some youtube videos on RDAs.
Vaping with Vic is pretty good and several others.
They show you how they work and go thru the build process for each different one they are reviewing.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It really is gorgeous. But not $180 worth of gorgeous, by a long shot -- not regulated, and what's this nonsense about aluminum contacts? They do realize that aluminum is a really soft metal... don't they? But really it's the unregulated that kills it completely. And the price of course.

Andria
I didn't bother clicking the link.Guess I should have.
Not sure why they chose that metal instead of silver or silver plated cooper.
Not saying it totally sucks as aluminium is a good thermal and electrical conductor, having 59% the conductivity of copper, both thermal and electrical, while having only 30% of copper's density.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't bother clicking the link.Guess I should have.
Not sure why they chose that metal instead of silver or silver plated cooper.
Not saying it totally sucks as aluminium is a good thermal and electrical conductor, having 59% the conductivity of copper, both thermal and electrical, while having only 30% of copper's density.
Aluminum conducts very well but makes VERY poor contacts as it oxidizes rapidly and gets melt points when it arcs.
The worst choice for contacts in my opinion.

In electrical work we use an electrical grease to prevent corrosion in connections with aluminum wires.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does read it automatically, but in TC it fluctuates a lot. Once I told it to read it, it was stable. I get the feeling the only adjustments you can make while in TC mode is the temperature and preheating wattage/duration. You can not change wattage (like on a DNA 75C), at least I don't think so.
I wouldn't use TC at all.
I've only ever had 1 success with using it ever.
So this might not even be an issue for me.
I need some coffee BRB

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My favorites (right now) are the Haku and the Flave, 22mm.

Haku, you have to be on Facebook, sign up when there's a list, and get "picked" in a random draw. They go for $125, but you could probably buy one, skipping lists, for like $200.
The Flave is about 75 Euro, but of COURSE, I want the Titanium one, which is 100 Euro. I'll pass on the gold one which is 125 Euro - but the Titanium is (of COURSE) also not in stock.

They both are
a) PRETTY good for clouds
b) PRETTY open draw, but still a little restricted - just how I like it
c) Exceptional for flavor
d) Built primarily for squonkers..they'll work as a regular dripper, but were mostly I think designed-for and a hit with the bottom-feed crowd
upload_2017-12-22_16-11-20.pngupload_2017-12-22_16-12-10.png

For big clouds, you probably need more airflow, and maybe more room on the deck for big-ass coils...

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No forum is really active rn so I wanna talk to some people. I have a gx350 and a freemax fireluke tank. Would getting a tfv12 blow bigger clouds ? Like what are the best tanks???

There is a poster on this forum named "Juicy Lucy" who could probably help you out.

You could also check out Todd's Reviews on youtube. He kinda specializes in that. GL ;-)

VU Sponsors