Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorites (right now) are the Haku and the Flave, 22mm.

Haku, you have to be on Facebook, sign up when there's a list, and get "picked" in a random draw. They go for $125, but you could probably buy one, skipping lists, for like $200.
The Flave is about 75 Euro, but of COURSE, I want the Titanium one, which is 100 Euro. I'll pass on the gold one which is 125 Euro - but the Titanium is (of COURSE) also not in stock.

They both are
a) PRETTY good for clouds
b) PRETTY open draw, but still a little restricted - just how I like it
c) Exceptional for flavor
d) Built primarily for squonkers..they'll work as a regular dripper, but were mostly I think designed-for and a hit with the bottom-feed crowd
View attachment 99248View attachment 99249

For big clouds, you probably need more airflow, and maybe more room on the deck for big-ass coils...
Holy tits 200 for a haku ill sell mine lmao

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Back it up there, Mr. G! That there Sirius thaing ain't a squonk kinda thing! Ha! You made me look. Honestly, The one mod that did TC right by me was the G2 and its sibling the Slice. I guess I just have to make the time and build a squonk with a FSK chip for myself.
Make it a stab-wood edge squonker using a single 18650 and keep the cost under $75 and I'll be your first customer.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just don't like the taste or vape quality with any of the non-kanthal coils; the vape is too smooth, too soft, too weak, and it's rarely ever consistent, even given all those "toos".(I smoked cigarettes for 39 yrs, not satin powderpuffs!) I can get great taste, great TH, and consistent performance from 29ga kanthal, but not, so far, with anything else, so... y'know... if it ain't broke. ;)

Andria
Both the Hohmtech Slice & HohmTech G2 would allow you to use kanthal in TC mode.Only mods that can do so that I know of.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get something really popular...maybe a Goon. They're everywhere, authentic and clone, and they have enough room and airflow for whatever you want to put inside.
I use the smaller (22mm) Goon - with a bottom feed pin, and find it's a good compromise - more air than I need, and pretty good flavor (i put simple wire dual coils in for more "surface area" without a lot of mass to heat - because I use 1-battery mechs (no adjusting voltage - you get what you get, and can't "turn it up").

Then you can find a hundred youtube videos searching "goon RDA build" and similar terms, to learn about making/wicking a coil.
First, know the limits of your battery, then you can buy coils for it - these guys are good quality.

my build in a goon:
goonbuild1.jpg

A better "cloudchaser" build in a goon:
upload_2017-12-22_16-30-19.png

Ok so I want to learn how to build coils for an RDA. I personally want to build a RDA for clouds but you guys are different. What is the first step I should take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did I not mention earlier that the Haku and Cap would sell for about 200? or was that on my phone and I didnt send it lol
Easy there buddy thats with a cap u said whats the rrp on vikset cap 40 50 bucks train said just stock haku u said cap and haku

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"Curse you Red Baron! May your camels get lost doing Fibonacci calculations multiplied by Pi to the third power. Ha!" :) :p

I've had a feeling that Kanger/Smok/Innokin/Eleaf are all under one corporate "family" umbrella for quite a while. I realize that is only my speculation and will not say it is something I see as factual, only having a vague sense lots of similarity in their products. I would say the original manufactures possibly do help make the clones, taking a cut.
I do know that all the bigger companies are all in the same place.
Shenzhen, China
Google that area just for fun...Cheers!

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think I have a problem lol
51e91084bc35abd1af69a2ae25312cd4.jpg
7baa621e59e6b090bff384074fbd8fa0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah you should snatch that before someone else does. I would get a gloom if I could but I don't really like white ... remember what Cromwell says only good guys vape white

Glooms are black i thought bliss is white and ultem or the gloom is ultem to i cant keep up i forgot what the beauty ring was called for a quick minute "i love white"

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Missed most of the CBC conversation, my radar went off when Nuppin was mentioned. Nuppins are a great flavor rda with decent clouds, I think the Mesh is more of a CBC device. You could put a couple of notch coils in the thing and create your own fog bank.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Glooms are black i thought bliss is white and ultem or the gloom is ultem to i cant keep up i forgot what the beauty ring was called for a quick minute "i love white"

Yeah that's why I said I'd get a gloom, bliss (what your looking at) is white and sweet as hell but it's white and that's not for me. Luckily it's for you
Probably worded it messed up, my bad...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He did make them and I guess he can still make them if he's of a mind to do so. As far as I know, he only made a few as gifts. If you have one, you're very fortunate. I asked Santa for one but I think the elves didn't get to making them or something. At least that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

:cheers:

mmccurdy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I told the kid that yesterday I think it was or maybe this morning in 2 other threads at least.
Quite annoying little kid.

I did make a mistake telling him to watch Vaping with Vic vids though, the kid is obviously more of a Rip Trippers type.[/QUOTE

Is rip trippers a cloud chaser?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so I want to learn how to build coils for an RDA. I personally want to build a RDA for clouds but you guys are different. What is the first step I should take

Subscribe to (RipTrippers) on YouTube.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aluminum conducts very well but makes VERY poor contacts as it oxidizes rapidly and gets melt points when it arcs.
The worst choice for contacts in my opinion.

In electrical work we use an electrical grease to prevent corrosion in connections with aluminum wires.
Yeah I'm aware.

VU Sponsors