Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the SXK Haku from 3F today, I think I like it! The 3.0 mm coil was OK, the 3.5 mm is better.Will I get the authentic? Hmm....If I get a couple more Cyclones, a couple more Stumpys and enough Nuppins (though I don't think I could ever have enough of them), then yes, I'll get the authentic.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the SXK Haku from 3F today, I think I like it! The 3.0 mm coil was OK, the 3.5 mm is better.Will I get the authentic? Hmm....If I get a couple more Cyclones, a couple more Stumpys and enough Nuppins (though I don't think I could ever have enough of them), then yes, I'll get the authentic.

I am glad you like it. Be careful with the screws as I mentioned in the comparison, they are rather soft imo.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am glad you like it. Be careful with the screws as I mentioned in the comparison, they are rather soft imo.
I was planning on changing them .....as soon as I find in what box they hid!
It seems VVV is the only one with the GBox in stock and a decent price! I guess I can try their free juice, worst case I can use it to drive the gophers away!:drunk:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was planning on changing them .....as soon as I find in what box they hid!
It seems VVV is the only one with the GBox in stock and a decent price! I guess I can try their free juice, worst case I can use it to drive the gophers away!:drunk:
You could get some good flavors then sell them at a discount. Ha ha free to you cheaper to someone else.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could get some good flavors then sell them at a discount. Ha ha free to you cheaper to someone else.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I got all Lemonades flavors! The one from @So619Cal is waiting patiently and letting the flavors meld. The raspberry was very pronounced and in time it should mellow a bit.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The one thing I did notice is the 510 pin in the Haku has a rather small hole going thru, it may need to be "improved".

Its a tad smaller on the clone than the authentic...and I agree a small drill bit would improve the squonk flow for sure. I'd just be a little worried if you are using those ultra soft YFTK bottles there wouldn't be enough suction to pull out excess squonking

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got all Lemonades flavors! The one from @So619Cal is waiting patiently and letting the flavors meld. The raspberry was very pronounced and in time it should mellow a bit.

Well now I know LOL...no 3mg and when someone says Raspberry Lemonade, make sure to ask, "Raspberry right? Not Lemonade with a nice touch of Raspberry?" haha

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its a tad smaller on the clone than the authentic...and I agree a small drill bit would improve the squonk flow for sure. I'd just be a little worried if you are using those ultra soft YFTK bottles there wouldn't be enough suction to pull out excess squonking
I have a few 5-packs of the new Therion bottles on the way, they're soft silicone but not YFTK mushy!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well now I know LOL...no 3mg and when someone says Raspberry Lemonade, make sure to ask, "Raspberry right? Not Lemonade with a nice touch of Raspberry?" haha
Oh, no! I can fix it right up! If the raspberry is still forward, I'm taking 10 ml of it, adding 20 ml PG/VG mix and 0.4 ml (2%)Flavorah Lemonade.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, no! I can fix it right up! If the raspberry is still forward, I'm taking 10 ml of it, adding 20 ml PG/VG mix and 0.4 ml (2%)Flavorah Lemonade.

I take flavors pretty literal... Strawberry Milkshake... yeah you're getting strawberry!

Vanilla Bourbon... Yup, you're getting a slap of vanilla!

Caramel Cream - You guessed it!

Some of these juice vendors should reword their shit...

Strawberry Milkshake....

Vape juice with a hint of Strawberry wet paper bag Milk lol

In their defense though, taste is subjective...but yeah, Wet paper bag with a hint of wet strawberry cardboard milk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I take flavors pretty literal... Strawberry Milkshake... yeah you're getting strawberry!

Vanilla Bourbon... Yup, you're getting a slap of vanilla!

Caramel Cream - You guessed it!

Some of these juice vendors should reword their shit...

Strawberry Milkshake....

Vape juice with a hint of Strawberry wet paper bag Milk lol

In their defense though, taste is subjective...but yeah, Wet paper bag with a hint of wet strawberry cardboard milk
You haven't lived until you had a "skunked" beer! Hot summer day in Los Angeles, get home and find a six pack in the fridge! Happy day, right? Pop the top, pour it real fast and down the hatch! Holy F**K! The beer must've sat on a loading dock somewhere in full sun for a few weeks!
I wonder if @JuicyLucy is gonna sell/trade her GBox 200:vino:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I were a betting man...if you got shipping notification today...you will get it 17th or 18th.

Edit: BUT... that depends if you let it sit a month at the shipping address again lol ;) *poke poke jab jab*
It is headed to my San Jose pick up site.And that package only sat that long because my wife had just dealt with a cancer removal surgery.So I was taking care of her.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You haven't lived until you had a "skunked" beer! Hot summer day in Los Angeles, get home and find a six pack in the fridge! Happy day, right? Pop the top, pour it real fast and down the hatch! Holy F**K! The beer must've sat on a loading dock somewhere in full sun for a few weeks!

I'd consider doing so ;)

No, still haven't tried the TC and probably never will. Just not my thing and I hate fidgeting with those boards, lol

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The one thing I did notice is the 510 pin in the Haku has a rather small hole going thru, it may need to be "improved".
I always thought a small hole was a good thing.

shock.gif

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh you just got "Urquelled" as my wife would say.

Pilsner.Urquell.JPG

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It has a lot to do with how beer is stored. I had Pilsner Urquel in Europe and it is a great pilsner. I prefer Belgian ales, but a great Schwarz beer is fine too.

Funny, I had a Pilsner Urquel not that long ago myself only mine was canned. I still can’t figure out why the hell breweries STILL bottle beer in clear or green bottles. Light turns the beer to skunk! Seriously think about every beer you’ve had from a green or clear bottle... Heineken, Beck’s, Corona, and even my beloved Newcastle suffers the same way occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever try 1 of these below?

jacobsen-saaz-blonde-75cl.jpg
As it happens, I did! My BIL lived in Denmark for several years and on one of his visits here he brought several beers. The Tuborg was better IMHO but we decided to stick with the Gordon Biersch Maibock since I had 5 gallons of it:cheers::zombie:
One of my most favorites is Deus!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And of course it figures they very first review on the Innokin Bastion LiftBox is from a real squonk-fiend.He's also 1 of my favorite reviewers.Anyhow here is Tony B. to sort it all out.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As it happens, I did! My BIL lived in Denmark for several years and on one of his visits here he brought several beers. The Tuborg was better IMHO but we decided to stick with the Gordon Biersch Maibock since I had 5 gallons of it:cheers::zombie:
One of my most favorites is Deus!
Oh I used to love Gordon Biersch.You know back when it was still being made in Palo Alto & San Francisco.But alas after they moved to San Jose all their beers seemed to have changed...Shame really!
Soon after the move I think they got bought out by CraftWorks.
Like I said it is a shame!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone watch gizzard Stew and Fresh03?
Gizzard just had an hour long show and forgot to go live until the very end....
Gonna have to revoke his youtube license.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I used to love Gordon Biersch.You know back when it was still being made in Palo Alto & San Francisco.But alas after they moved to San Jose all their beers seemed to have changed...Shame really!
Soon after the move I think they got bought out by CraftWorks.
Like I said it is a shame!
The way I heard it from Dan GORDON, HE HAD TO SELL ! In any case, he bought back the original Palo Alto restaurant and re-opened with a new name "Dan Gordon". Too fricking far for me to drive there but it sure sounds like a great place!

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just noticed FT has the yftk supersonic clone in stock. Also the Nixon v1.5, the supposedly mtl one. Reviews on the Nixon look a bit sketchy.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh if anybody has that Fuchai 213 Squonk Kit I'd love some input on the RSA that comes with it.
Had it, sold it ! I love TC and it was meh! I never took the atty out of the box. I have another blue one coming sometime next year:confused: unless I open a PP dispute and get my money back.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just noticed FT has the yftk supersonic clone in stock. Also the Nixon v1.5, the supposedly mtl one. Reviews on the Nixon look a bit sketchy.
If I remember correctly, the Nixon 1.0 is MTL, the 1.5 is DL and has a squonk pin. The 1.0 doesn't have a squonk pin. 3F has both....at least it did a few weeks ago.

VU Sponsors