Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You could try to find flavor shots. They are the extracts/flavoring mix concentrates without the PG/VG and nicotine. It is the way I usually mix my juices. I make a 50 to 100 ml bottle of concentrate and then add 6% to 8% of that to my PG/VG +nic base. This way the flavors blend and I don't need to make more than 100 ml usable juice (or at least what I think is usable) at a time. It becomes a shake and vape type juice with very little or no steeping needed.
Same idea as these guys are doing https://www.mtbakervapor.com/vape-juice/strawbana-flavor-shot/ and I believe several other places are selling this type of concentrates.

Hmm, maybe I could find another blueberry muffin flavor. That would be great, I've got a 30ml bottle of the Banana Nut Bread flavoring that's been sadly neglected since I stopped being able to get that blueberry muffin ejuice in 2016.

The way I discovered the awesomeness of that flavor combo is kinda neat. When I was about 13, one year we couldn't afford to take our usual summer vacay at panama city beach, so we went to Calloway Gardens instead, a nice resort here in GA, so much closer. At the hotel's breakfast bar, they had fresh blueberries with REAL whipped cream, and fresh-baked banana nut bread. The scent alone would make you drool all the way to the breakfast bar! I've never forgotten that... and the hotel had a nice pool too. :D

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been wanting to inquire about the hadaly, which Mr Cromwell was generous enough to PIF me just before xmas; can the draw be tightened significantly? I can't really decide, just from looking at it.

Andria
ETA: and also -- how the hell do you say that damn word anyway? Is it "HAD - uh-ly, or "huh - DALLY"?
Not very tight and it is of course a clone.
I figured your son might like it though.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hadaly comes with those shorty DTs but I remember Andria saying she uses the long DT with a bend.
Yep a knuckle-head type thingy or some suuch.

knuckle_head_swivel_510_drip_tip.jpg

Like those up there kinda.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well fuck me running.
Hopefully it ain't super whooshy.

Unfortunately it is, at least for me. I wish the airflow was cut in half vertically. The B2K has similar size airflow channels but they include a stainless ring that slides over the deck to raise the cap thereby cutting the airflow channel in half. Flavor has been much better since I did that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
there was the

I just got the SXK made Haku. Pretty decent, I keep the air about 1/2 closed.
Is the wasp adjustable as well.I know I watched a ton of youtube videos on it but can't for the life of me remember at the moment.And for once I can't blame the booze as I'm as sober as a judge currently.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m wondering if I should back out of the NeoFet and just snag a Luna and a RSQ and save myself a hundred bucks. I’m kind of annoyed that there hasn’t been a listing of all the NeoFet’s specs and final designs. These piecemeal info posts are getting on my nerves.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m wondering if I should back out of the NeoFet and just snag a Luna and a RSQ and save myself a hundred bucks. I’m kind of annoyed that there hasn’t been a listing of all the NeoFet’s specs and final designs. These piecemeal info posts are getting on my nerves.

You could always use the hundred you save to get 1 of these baby's.

You mean that stabwood luna right?

https://www.asmodus.com/Ultroner-x-Asmodus-Luna-Squonker-Box-Mod-p/asmodus-luna-squonker.htm

^^^ THAT THINGY ^^

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep a knuckle-head type thingy or some suuch.

knuckle_head_swivel_510_drip_tip.jpg

Like those up there kinda.

I have a couple of those, and they were how I figured out how to solve the spitback problem, but I don't like those much anymore; the delrin ones are too loose in their "knuckle," so they wiggle when you try to take a hit, and I still don't like metal driptips. So i use the angled-adapter plus Ming setup --

angledadapter.jpg

That way I get the benefit of the bend, but it's fixed in place, yet the part I put my lips on isn't metal -- and I can match the color of my driptip to the mod of the day. Win, win, win, win! :D

Andria

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Not like you have money invested yet ;)

I already Pm'd Raphael that if the button on white can't be changed nor if I am unable to grab a black moving forward, then I would probably back out.

As for specs...

All 67 designed, including the 510- Mosfet is Bomber Tech - Size 24.2 x 78 x 49.4 proprietary bottle (1 included )... Pictures have been posted and more to come...

Bomber Tech Mosfet specs:

upload_2017-12-30_8-27-11.png

Earlier hint post from Raphael

upload_2017-12-30_8-28-1.png

same mosfet used in the SVA Kimmech

upload_2017-12-30_8-30-47.png

Tried to find the amp max of the bomber pro 1, but couldn't... if its like any other its at least 50a.

Hope I helped ya some homie ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not very tight and it is of course a clone.
I figured your son might like it though.

Hmm maybe... though considering that he likes the STM COMPLETELY open-wide airflow, I'm thinking it might actually be a smidge too tight for him -- he's a MtL vaper, but completely the opposite of my own preference; I think most would call his style of vaping "restricted DtL" though he does actually vape MtL. Strange. When he looked at the OBS Engine Nano I gave him for xmas, his face lit up, and he said "I think THIS will have enough airflow!" :giggle:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
but it won't squonk

I'm glad you pointed that out to me, because truly it hadn't crossed my mind! There's a D'OH! waiting to happen if I ever saw one. :giggle:

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah that’s the one. I could get the Luna on sale for around $70 and Breazy has the RSQ for $51.99 when they get them back in stock.

I would totally cave in on the Luna if I found it for $70

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been wanting to inquire about the hadaly, which Mr Cromwell was generous enough to PIF me just before xmas; can the draw be tightened significantly? I can't really decide, just from looking at it.

Andria

Andria, just from reading your post and getting an idea of your preferences, I'm going to climb out on a limb and recommend the following two bf rdas.

Origen little 16. you can choose 1.2, 1.5, 2.0 or 2.5mm for airhole size. The 1.2 suits me fine, seems the same as the cyclone. It uses grub screws but I'm sure you can shoot, move, communicate and adapt. ;)

Viper v2... 14mm deck, uses slotted screws for the post, airflow can be dialed down to butthole tight.

Both can be found as clones from ft and 3fvape for probably 8-15 bucks depending on brand.

I'll throw in a 3rd... cyclone v1. Good luck finding one and it uses grub screws. V2 uses phillips head I think.

cheers

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, just from reading your post and getting an idea of your preferences, I'm going to climb out on a limb and recommend the following two bf rdas.

Origen little 16. you can choose 1.2, 1.5, 2.0 or 2.5mm for airhole size. The 1.2 suits me fine, seems the same as the cyclone. It uses grub screws but I'm sure you can shoot, move, communicate and adapt. ;)

Viper v2... 14mm deck, uses slotted screws for the post, airflow can be dialed down to butthole tight.

Both can be found as clones from ft and 3fvape for probably 8-15 bucks depending on brand.

I'll throw in a 3rd... cyclone v1. Good luck finding one and it uses grub screws. V2 uses phillips head I think.

cheers

Tried the Origen Little already; MUCH too airy -- 1mm is the top limit I can tolerate for airflow. And I don't really like 14mm atties, they're just too constricted to build well without running into shorts from the coil touching the cap. The one I got from FT, the Strike 18, is pretty decent; nice tight draw, and the flavor isn't too bad; not as saturated as from my Achilles -- NOTHING is -- but much better than from a tank of any kind.

Are "grub screws" those abortions I call "hex key nightmares"? I guess you can figure out what I think of those. :D For adjusting airflow, as on a Kayfun or my Achilles, they're fine; set them once and you're done. But for coils? No fucking way. Phillips heads or nothing. And I MUCH prefer wrapping the wire around the screws than trying to get 2 ends thru 2 holes at the same time -- I'm just not that coordinated, but having to do that with a couple atties has illustrated that my ability to make up new cusswords is primo. :D

I did actually modify one of my Magmas (originals, clones) for BF, and it's not too bad, though it's a bit airier than I really like -- which is weird, because I modified the airflow on that by inserting 13ga needles into the deck airholes and cut them off with a dremel, and I keep tiny o-rings like the ones on Kayfun fill screws around the needle where it passes thru the deck -- and when it was a regular dripper RDA, that actually tightened up the airflow very nicely... but using a squonk pin seems to have made it airier again, airier than I can really tolerate. Maybe I need to insert some 18-20ga needles into the 13ga needles. :giggle:

Andria

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought it was time to finally break out the Haku and give it some attention.

Haku_Coiled.jpg

fused Clapton, 28x2/34g, 3mm... came in at .4Ω
A good vape, a bit airer than my entheon but the latter edges it out on flavor. Louder airflow, like a whoosh but no whistle. Noticed some differences between my clone vs my cruiser authentic. Clone has smaller hole in center pin and topcap on the clone is way too tight for my taste. My biggest gripe with my skx clone is rough threading on the female centerpin threads. Centerpin didn't want to turn out and trying to install the bf pin sheared the threads down a bit but seems ok once in there.

Take my opinion on flavor with a grain of salt. 70% of my vaping is on small bf rdas, small coil mtl. The other 30% I lung hit but to me the flavor comparison is laughable. Although I can tell the difference between a hadaly vs a troll, but who can't. No offense but to me hearing lung hitters talk about flavor is like eunuchs discussing sex. But whatever, it's a good vape... blows nice thick, warm clouds but I definitely need a clear slam cap for the haku. And a couple of those FT drip tips that @So619Cal posted.

MM_Garage.jpg

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am glad you like it. Be careful with the screws as I mentioned in the comparison, they are rather soft imo.

Aye, I noticed. I measured the screws on the clone and the authentic. They seem to both be m2.5x3mm so I'll probably order a few US sourced SS grub screws off of ebay to stick in the clone. The screws on the OG seem harder and threads are better machined.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No offense but to me hearing lung hitters talk about flavor is like eunuchs discussing sex.

ROFL! So true. Although I recently learned that there actually are a small number of certain tastebuds lining the esophagus, in some rare cases all the way down to the stomach, as far as I know there are ZERO tastebuds in the airways after leaving the throat, and if all you're doing is WHOOSHING that vapor straight into your lungs... you really aren't gonna get much flavor out of it. Personally, I've always gotten more flavor from the exhale, especially via the nose -- maybe because I have a "super smeller" nose, but my tastebuds were damn near dead.

Andria

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
anyone find a place selling the 22mm druga without the mod?

edit. before you continue linking the Druga, I am looking for the 22mm version. it is sold with the mod kit. I've been looking around since it was released and no one sells without the mod
I completly understand because I liked the druga but it's kinda pointless to try and buy it by it self because if they sold it seperatly it would probably be $30 and you can get the kit for $40. Buy the kit and sell the mod for $15-$20

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the SXK Haku from 3F today, I think I like it! The 3.0 mm coil was OK, the 3.5 mm is better.Will I get the authentic? Hmm....If I get a couple more Cyclones, a couple more Stumpys and enough Nuppins (though I don't think I could ever have enough of them), then yes, I'll get the authentic.

Were the female threads holding your centerpins in smooth?
Perhaps it was just bad luck and mine came off the production line while QC was forum posting. :)

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ROFL! So true. Although I recently learned that there actually are a small number of certain tastebuds lining the esophagus, in some rare cases all the way down to the stomach, as far as I know there are ZERO tastebuds in the airways after leaving the throat, and if all you're doing is WHOOSHING that vapor straight into your lungs... you really aren't gonna get much flavor out of it. Personally, I've always gotten more flavor from the exhale, especially via the nose -- maybe because I have a "super smeller" nose, but my tastebuds were damn near dead.

Andria

I think you're on to something there. I do taste my custard more on the exhale when lung hitting. Although it may also be temp related, I'm DL on those bigger coils at much higher wattage on my mechs. The cyclone with a .85Ω coil on a mech, only 16 watts after vdrop.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Were the female threads holding your centerpins in smooth?
Perhaps it was just bad luck and mine came off the production line while QC was forum posting. :)
It worked like it was made for it:confused:. Really, no complaints. I think mine was made on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Monday they're still hungover, Thursday and Friday is party time looking for the weekend.
I think in this thread, Andrea's name became synonymous to Achilles rda, very much like brewbear=Nuppinati. I believe a viable option for Andria would be Strike 18. Viper v2 has a rather small deck. Origen little is nice but you must place the coil directly on front of the air and about level with with the posts top. This will further restrict air flow.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It worked like it was made for it:confused:. Really, no complaints. I think mine was made on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Monday they're still hungover, Thursday and Friday is party time looking for the weekend.
I think in this thread, Andrea's name became synonymous to Achilles rda, very much like brewbear=Nuppinati. I believe a viable option for Andria would be Strike 18. Viper v2 has a rather small deck. Origen little is nice but you must place the coil directly on front of the air and about level with with the posts top. This will further restrict air flow.

Yeah I was surprised by just how well that little Strike 18 vaped -- really decent little atty, and damn dirt cheap from FT! I also like how you can change the look, black or white, depending on the mod you're using. As a regular RDA I would never have considered it, because of the lack of well, but as a squonk atty it's not bad at all.

Andria

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
We really just need to find her a Achilles and squonkify it. She can't get it until it's already drilled because she'll want to save it for vapocolypse

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about the Pagoda 18mm rda ,
2136186350b0334b0df181ce9366bec6.jpg
36633a078c647390ecc5bc39f1b11707.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We really just need to find her a Achilles and squonkify it. She can't get it until it's already drilled because she'll want to save it for vapocolypse

achillies is still available, there was an ECF post yesterday

but A likes a specific clone, which aren't available now

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I love that idea, but I can't see how it would ever be possible, with the bottom airflow the Achilles has; there's just no way to come up into the well from below, and if you tried, it would probably leak.

Another RDA I'm *considering* is the Dead Rabbit SQ, which appears to be tighten-able, perhaps even to my exacting standard. But it's a little pricier right now than I would prefer ($37) -- not out of the question, the first two KFL+ clones I bought were $35, but as an experiment, a bit much. Hoping to see a good sale on it at some point, or maybe just a lowered price as new stuff comes out.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The Achilles II may still be available, but they SUCK, totally and completely -- I paid $98 for that bastard, total waste of money. I just want a clone of an original Achilles.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Was it for sale? Don't see it in the classies at all

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
no, just a discussion post

didn't realise it was v1 that was the preferred, my bad

If he'd left the AFC alone, unchanged from the first, it wouldn't be bad -- but the internal airhole is much too large in the v2, and the AFC ring LEAKS! Something the originals NEVER do. You know what they say about not fixing what ain't broken... ;)

Andria

VU Sponsors