Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would seem they make the Achilles with a variable air flow now as well as a mini version! They're probably out till after New Year, I wanted to ask if they even plan on making a BF model.

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another RDA I'm *considering* is the Dead Rabbit SQ, which appears to be tighten-able, perhaps even to my exacting standard. But it's a little pricier right now than I would prefer ($37) -- not out of the question, the first two KFL+ clones I bought were $35, but as an experiment, a bit much. Hoping to see a good sale on it at some point, or maybe just a lowered price as new stuff comes out.

Andria

3F has it listed for $24 once you log in but shows 3-7 days. I have one incoming hopefully this week from cloudy vapor. Didn't buy it for mtl but will give it a test. I have doubts about decent mtl on any 22mm rsa, reduced chamber or not.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3F has it listed for $24 once you log in but shows 3-7 days. I have one incoming hopefully this week from cloudy vapor. Didn't buy it for mtl but will give it a test. I have doubts about decent mtl on any 22mm rsa, reduced chamber or not.
Sounds great! Let us know how it compares to the Cyclone!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It would seem they make the Achilles with a variable air flow now as well as a mini version! They're probably out till after New Year, I wanted to ask if they even plan on making a BF model.

The problem though is that the newer ones are SHIT; only the original was great.

But y'know, when I got all those different atties PIFed to me a while back, one of them is an Ataman.... I might just give that a try-out!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I'm really not sure that reduced chamber is necessary for great flavor and great MtL vaping. The orignal Achilles I'm so addicted to is a 22mm, and has a HUGE chamber, but it's BY FAR the best vape EVER, if you like a really tight draw.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have a Dead Rabbit but doesn't look like a great squonk to me - but will give it a shot one of these days

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a Dead Rabbit but doesn't look like a great squonk to me - but will give it a shot one of these days

The Dead Rabbit SQ is apparently more oriented to MtL vaping, unlike the original Dead Rabbit.

Andria

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The problem though is that the newer ones are SHIT; only the original was great.

But y'know, when I got all those different atties PIFed to me a while back, one of them is an Ataman.... I might just give that a try-out!

Andria
Is it this one? Haha sorry I'm not great with older atties and even worse with older mtl atties
Edit-I didn't add the pic? Weird
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
b91ea86b26cfcbf78437a7d7188d4519.jpg

Last edited:

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not like you have money invested yet ;)

I already Pm'd Raphael that if the button on white can't be changed nor if I am unable to grab a black moving forward, then I would probably back out.

I thought you signed on for white..?

How did he respond about you grabbing a black?
I think I will be happy with white but I'm sorta regretting not choosing ultem. Think I should msg him about it?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I thought you signed on for white..?

How did he respond about you grabbing a black?
I think I will be happy with white but I'm sorta regretting not choosing ultem. Think I should msg him about it?

Oh I chose white...but told him my preferences and that a red button was a deal breaker...find out in a few days if I am going to go with the black mod if the buttons can't be changed.

A red button isn't really a bad thing...Red/White/Silver face plate/Silver Top Plate/Silver Bottom Plate...I just don't have shit in red lol

all my stuff is Black/Silver/Ultem

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Additionally its not like he can't provide the Ultem mod and Ultem Button ( says now the Ultem mod gets Black Button) or Ultem button for White...

but

upload_2017-12-30_17-9-10.png

Remember seeing a comment where he said a Green Button isn't going to happen....

BUT!

upload_2017-12-30_17-14-21.png

And I know its a render...but there is going to be one RED Sand Blasted mod..

upload_2017-12-30_17-15-28.png

One of his 3d printed Neofet bodies

upload_2017-12-30_17-17-22.png

Either way...Find out in a few days if we are able to get it with the button colors we want...no money invested yet, so no frustrations ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is it this one? Haha sorry I'm not great with older atties and even worse with older mtl atties
Edit-I didn't add the pic? Weird
b91ea86b26cfcbf78437a7d7188d4519.jpg

Yeah that looks like a Prometey (left, taller one) and an original Achilles, though the clones I bought didn't come with a driptip.

Andria

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Additionally its not like he can't provide the Ultem mod and Ultem Button ( says now the Ultem mod gets Black Button) or Ultem button for White...

but

View attachment 99698

Remember seeing a comment where he said a Green Button isn't going to happen....

BUT!

View attachment 99700

And I know its a render...but there is going to be one RED Sand Blasted mod..

View attachment 99701

One of his 3d printed Neofet bodies

View attachment 99702

Either way...Find out in a few days if we are able to get it with the button colors we want...no money invested yet, so no frustrations ;)
I'd really like that last one... Sandblasted black with black sides... Hubba hubba

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@So619Cal yeah, he posted some button color pics in the secret group under that question about the bomber pro. I think I'd prefer ultem button on white over red. At least it would match an ultem topcap. Like you, I'm going to wait and see what he offers.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple of those, and they were how I figured out how to solve the spitback problem, but I don't like those much anymore; the delrin ones are too loose in their "knuckle," so they wiggle when you try to take a hit, and I still don't like metal driptips. So i use the angled-adapter plus Ming setup --

View attachment 99683

That way I get the benefit of the bend, but it's fixed in place, yet the part I put my lips on isn't metal -- and I can match the color of my driptip to the mod of the day. Win, win, win, win! :D

Andria
Yep I feel your groove.And nice wrap on that CoolFire IV.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@So619Cal yeah, he posted some button color pics in the secret group under that question about the bomber pro. I think I'd prefer ultem button on white over red. At least it would match an ultem topcap. Like you, I'm going to wait and see what he offers.

Yeah I'm all about the ultem button on white myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm maybe... though considering that he likes the STM COMPLETELY open-wide airflow, I'm thinking it might actually be a smidge too tight for him -- he's a MtL vaper, but completely the opposite of my own preference; I think most would call his style of vaping "restricted DtL" though he does actually vape MtL. Strange. When he looked at the OBS Engine Nano I gave him for xmas, his face lit up, and he said "I think THIS will have enough airflow!" :giggle:

Andria
That OBS Engine Nano has been on my (SHORT LIST) for far to long.
The only thing that has kept me from buying 1 has been the fact it is an RDA.So other stuff went to the top while it just sat on my (SHORT LIST)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They should all just be ultem buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Or as someone else said, color matched to the mod at least.

Really curious to how easy it will be to remove the face plate. if its cake...then I don't care which buttons comes with it, I'll just have a 12mm button made.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I completly understand because I liked the druga but it's kinda pointless to try and buy it by it self because if they sold it seperatly it would probably be $30 and you can get the kit for $40. Buy the kit and sell the mod for $15-$20

Or just toss the mod after beating it with a sledgehammer.That moving nut thingy makes the druga mod/device unsafe in my opinion.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep I feel your groove.And nice wrap on that CoolFire IV.

Not a wrap -- that's one of my custom-etched ones, with a sparkly clear-coat; got that one and a pink one just like it for my very first no-smoke-a-versary -- most expensive mod I've ever bought, that red one, at $55. The pink one, they did by mistake, and asked if I wanted it anyway, but I said well I really wanted the red -- so they made the red and sent it, then they asked if I might wanna buy the pink one at their cost, since they couldn't sell it to anyone else, with the unusual spelling of my name. So I got the pink one for $25... total of $80 for both, or $40 each, which was the usual price around then (July/August 2015) -- in essence, I got the custom etching and sparkle coat for free. :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That OBS Engine Nano has been on my (SHORT LIST) for far to long.
The only thing that has kept me from buying 1 has been the fact it is an RDA.So other stuff went to the top while it just sat on my (SHORT LIST)

He says the flavor really is good, and even with his moderate settings (about 20 watts i think, ejuice is 30/70, .5 ohm coil), there's a decent little cloud -- not enough to annoy people, but enough, I gather (my own idea of enough would be downright puny to most of y'all!). And it's apparently pretty easy to build, but he had to wrap the coil backward from how I taught him -- so the lead that sits higher is on the left, the lower lead on the right. He seems very pleased with it. :)

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a wrap -- that's one of my custom-etched ones, with a sparkly clear-coat; got that one and a pink one just like it for my very first no-smoke-a-versary -- most expensive mod I've ever bought, that red one, at $55. The pink one, they did by mistake, and asked if I wanted it anyway, but I said well I really wanted the red -- so they made the red and sent it, then they asked if I might wanna buy the pink one at their cost, since they couldn't sell it to anyone else, with the unusual spelling of my name. So I got the pink one for $25... total of $80 for both, or $40 each, which was the usual price around then (July/August 2015) -- in essence, I got the custom etching and sparkle coat for free. :D

Andria
Oh custom etching even better.Where did you find that?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He says the flavor really is good, and even with his moderate settings (about 20 watts i think, ejuice is 30/70, .5 ohm coil), there's a decent little cloud -- not enough to annoy people, but enough, I gather (my own idea of enough would be downright puny to most of y'all!). And it's apparently pretty easy to build, but he had to wrap the coil backward from how I taught him -- so the lead that sits higher is on the left, the lower lead on the right. He seems very pleased with it. :)

Andria
I always wrapped my coils right to left but if I needed/wanted a higher sitting coil I simply wrapped them underhand.It was easier for me at least to do it that way than to try wrapping them left to right.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh custom etching even better.Where did you find that?

Well, I had to look it up in OLD email, because I didn't remember their name, 2+ yrs later. :D Just as well, since they apparently only etch glassware now, not vape mods as they used to -- phiniac.com.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always wrapped my coils right to left but if I needed/wanted a higher sitting coil I simply wrapped them underhand.It was easier for me at least to do it that way than to try wrapping them left to right.

I always go left to right since I'm holding the drillbit and one end of the wire with my left hand, but I taught him going "overhand', and he had to start it 'underhand,' to get the leads to come out on the right sides.

Andria

VU Sponsors