Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could we fit a mosfet in there?

My out and about cutting wood, doing mechanic work, etc I carry my Coppervape with Wasp.
Pretty darned indestructible mod.
I have come to really dislike top fire mods... the Dimitri, the Coppervape, and the Driptech DS all give me similar issues... misfires no matter how I clean or position the contacts. I've never had a misfire on a side fire mod... Frankie, Boxer, Pulse, Castigador, etc... dunno why, but there it is...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have come to really dislike too fire mods... the Dimitri, the Coppervape, and the Driptech DS all give me similar issues... misfires no matter how I clean or position the contacts. I've never had a misfire on a side fire mod... Frankie, Boxer, Pulse, Castigador, etc... dunno why, but there it is...

Ahh My coppervapes and I came to an understanding. I clean them properly at least every 2 week and zero misfires.
also the screw that comes in the repair kit helps a lot, it is a slightly different screw.
I also use Mothers Mag polish on the mating surfaces every couple of months.

But yes I like my Pico's better. the are just not as indestructible.
I do not like the poke yer finnner in the hole mods.

And I have clip on the belt cases for both.

SAM_0195.JPG

SAM_0270.JPG

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ahh My coppervapes and I came to an understanding. I clean them properly at least every 2 week and zero misfires.
also the screw that comes in the repair kit helps a lot, it is a slightly different screw.

But yes I like my Pico's better. the are just not as indestructible.

And I have carry cases for both.

View attachment 100030

View attachment 100031

But aren't almost all squonks with holes? (splitting hairs ) regardless where said...ahem...hole is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

But yes I like my Pico's better.
I've rebuilt my Coppervape once. Not much help. I use Howard's Pine-ola on the exterior, Cape Cod cloth on the chassis contacts, dielectric grease on the battery threads, and alcohol (as pure as I can get) on the contacts. It looks good, works good, when it works... sigh...

I get not liking poking your finner inna holes, but I'd rather that than 3 minutes of fiddling with the switch every third vape.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is my surprise "like" in all the budget mods I tried lately: the Fuchai squonker

Have heard it is typically Sigelei and the 100W claim is BS, but at 27 W it it not bad at all
That thing is already on my (GET IT NOW LIST)
The fact that it is (JL certified) is a big plus...Cheers!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've rebuilt my Coppervape once. Not much help. I use Howard's Pine-ola on the exterior, Cape Cod cloth on the chassis contacts, dielectric grease on the battery threads, and alcohol (as pure as I can get) on the contacts. It looks good, works good, when it works... sigh...

I get not liking poking your finner inna holes, but I'd rather that than 3 minutes of fiddling with the switch every third vape.

I also found a small serrated washer I put between the screw and the metal strip on the button and removed the oring.
My weekly cleaning is with the little packets of glasses cleaners. Equate lens cleaning wipes from Wally World. Carry some in the truck for when I am out and about if I need them.

Seriously I only get misfires on my CV when I forget to clean it.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pishaw! Everyone knows you have your first nickel buried in the back yard :blah:
Yeah but his was wooden.

p1010448.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I'm sure you taken a file to it?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A CV has been sitting on my shelf ever since I got my Picos. Just pulled it down and too 5 pulls off of it and worked nice every time.
Been sitting there about a month.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope... no files...

Ahh some black 220 sandpaper on the mating surfaces and then just clean periodically fixes the mating surface contact issue.

EDIT: Wet sand it.
Then clean with alcohol wipe.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lucy If i had thought I would have put a couple of those little serrated washers in your package. next time.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The CV is high maintenance compared to the other cheap squonkers out there
Not once you get them tuned up.
But yes more trouble with cleaning every week or so than a Pico.
Which is the least trouble.

do I have the only well tuned CV's?

Maybe I should start a CV FB invite only page for Modding Coppervapes?

Heck I could retire in a couple of weeks.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Not once you get them tuned up.
But yes more trouble with cleaning every week or so than a Pico.
Which is the least trouble.

do I have the only well tuned CV's?

Maybe I should start a CV FB invite only page for Modding Coppervapes?

Heck I could retire in a couple of weeks.

I use mine all the time still, usually have at least one in rotation because they are just reliable and stout as hell

Wish I'da just brought them with me on my last trip outside

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a new brass CV still in the box. And 7 rebuild kits. Used the silver one a lot though

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a new brass CV still in the box. And 7 rebuild kits. Used the silver one a lot though
I never even got a brass one too heavy.
I just have silver ones.

Thought about powder coating one white though....
but with many drops on concrete and gravel, silver is best.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I never even got a brass one too heavy.
I just have silver ones.

Thought about powder coating one white though....
but with many drops on concrete and gravel, silver is best.

What????

You never bought the white one?????

I might have to unfriend you and boot you out of our secret, elitist group!!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What????

You never bought the white one?????

I might have to unfriend you and boot you out of our secret, elitist group!!!
Nope I have 4 silver mechs. silver is kinda like white?
2 Coppervapes and 2 Kato clones, which are the most reliable mechs I have ever seen. Had them about 2 years and use off and on and have NEVER cleaned any contacts or anything in them. Just work beautifully and only paid $10 each for them on clearance at Mountain Oak Vapor. Never even polished them and still shiny as new.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I have 4 SS tube mechs as well.
forgot about them as they are vapepocalypse stash.
And 4 Brass tube mechs.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just lucky I guess...or something.
But I have 3 Coppervapes. I unboxed 'em, and use them, and do not do regular maintenance, and they all work just fine, well over a year later. The black one is the only one that's had any "heavy" use - the others (brass and alum) are in lighter rotation - but always with a topper and juice, and vaped, for a couple hours every couple days, roughly.
Literally all I do is maybe wipe the copper strip if it's got any visible damp on it, and every few months wipe the flat contact surfaces with a paper towel that's had 1 drop of deoexit gold on. The strips have some tarnish, probably should remove and clean...but I won't, not for a while.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Here's my unsolicited 2cents

I like mine well enough for wattage mode - the only real critique (don't TC, yep, its big but you don't need me to tell you that, lol) is that my button rattles

I can live with the Kanger bottle - not my favorite, but not the worst out there either

Most of the reviews I saw for the GBox 200 had complaints about the bottle.
This is the bottle that came with my GBox. I don’t think it is a Kanger bottle.
9B73CA29-2C61-43F9-8231-7391E62DB098.jpeg
Maybe GeekVape heard those complaints and switched bottles?

This thing rocks paired with my VandyVape Mesh atty.
Just taking a while to get used to the heft compared to the Boxer clone I’ve been vaping on.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 100032

Just taking a while to get used to the heft compared to the Boxer clone I’ve been vaping on.
It's not the Kanger bottle but very similar to it. I'll be able to compare them in a day or three.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 100032

Interesting and did not know that about the bottle; the first Gbox did use the kanger bottle

I do have some extra kanger bottles somewheres - might dig them out and have a looksy to see if they fit the 200 also

I only kept the kanger bottles because I still have the OG Gbox

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I just wanted to expand on my comparison of rayon wick vs Puff organic cotton pads...
I’ve figured out how to describe the difference.
Rayon has a sharp, clean flavor and the material doesn’t “hold” juice quite as well meaning that it’s quick to suck it up but quick to release it as well. This leads to a bit more spit back. I still like it and I think it will be more suited to use in RTAs.
Puff also has a clean flavor, but it’s more well rounded and I get more nuances of flavor from it. Also it holds onto liquid and is more reluctant to give it up which leads to less spitback. I also believe this leads to a denser vape because it throw less of the liquid off the coil in the form of spitback. Basically it gives the juice more of a chance to vaporize rather than just fly off the coil. I also have to Squonk less!!
Hope this helps someone. I’d love to hear other opinions on this never ending debate lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Can I get a link to the puff organic pads please. I've been using rayon for around a year now and wouldn't mind trying something else. Of course I have a huge box of Sally's left so I doubt I'd be switching.
If anyone wants to try some Sally's rayon, send me a pm with your address and I'll ship you some to try.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I get a link to the puff organic pads please. I've been using rayon for around a year now and wouldn't mind trying something else. Of course I have a huge box of Sally's left so I doubt I'd be switching.
If anyone wants to try some Sally's rayon, send me a pm with your address and I'll ship you some to try.
COTTON LABO Organic Cotton Large Puff, 0.23 Pound https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TCEXOS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_1eDtAb9TTW6PV

VU Sponsors