Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Felt like shit all day but managed to make my way to the work bench, gave Lucy her spa day and put some hours into Monty.
Thought I'd share some progress....
Monty got some carbon fiber treatment:D
full 2mm carbon back framed in a recess, I have a plan for the "window"
ShktOg3.jpg

ZoHKiyU.jpg

Also made him a full 2mm carbon door that's going to get a nice top coat, magnets on the outside only for fitment
RokGDHp.jpg

Q6CVRuB.jpg

ESEk3TV.jpg

We shall see how the rest goes! Time for more cold medicine....:cry:

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Felt like shit all day but managed to make my way to the work bench, gave Lucy her spa day and put some hours into Monty.
Thought I'd share some progress....
Monty got some carbon fiber treatment:D
full 2mm carbon back framed in a recess, I have a plan for the "window"
ShktOg3.jpg

ZoHKiyU.jpg

Also made him a full 2mm carbon door that's going to get a nice top coat, magnets on the outside only for fitment
RokGDHp.jpg

Q6CVRuB.jpg

ESEk3TV.jpg

We shall see how the rest goes! Time for more cold medicine....:cry:

Looking Cool!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looking Cool!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks
The carbon fiber looks pretty crappy now, it's not really a "finished" sheet when I buy it, but the finished product is so nice.
I think the full carbon door is a bit too much, so I'm going to work with some inlay on the wood door and see how that turns out.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks
The carbon fiber looks pretty crappy now, it's not really a "finished" sheet when I buy it, but the finished product is so nice.
I think the full carbon door is a bit too much, so I'm going to work with some inlay on the wood door and see how that turns out.

On the contrary, I think the full cf looks good. If it were both sides full, I think it would be quite fetching

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On the contrary, I think the full cf looks good. If it were both sides full, I think it would be quite fetching

I have something in the works for more carbon fiber, this wasn't really the plan. Monty's door started as an afterthought that I couldn't let go.
Maybe he will just have to go to a new home with an extra door as an option.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
must have been a mistake on the site . i went to get 1 and they were 74.99. oh well better luck next time i guess, is there a secret code or something?
Many sites will raise the price back to retail when they run out of stock.
Could have been a mistake too?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And I resisted the urge.
:D

It is against my principles to pass up a $22 squonker that is fit to vape :giggle:

But, I spent all the loot I was going to use to get flavorings I'm short on :facepalm:

Last edited:

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have something in the works for more carbon fiber, this wasn't really the plan. Monty's door started as an afterthought that I couldn't let go.
Maybe he will just have to go to a new home with an extra door as an option.
Pm me when you decide. Most interested.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am starting to believe the only people being employed by USPS are mental midgets and the main qualification is IQ matching the shoe size. My package was supposed to be delivered on the third of this month, I know, I looked. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but even I can tell the day of the week, can count to 96 (don't ask, please) and am pretty sure this is February. I'm almost certain February 3rd passed yet my package was not delivered! I would love to give them a piece of my mind, but I don't have too many left and I'm quite certain they wouldn't know what to do with it in any case. I guess I'll just wait and hope the little package will make an appearance on Monday.
Rant over, please return to the regularly scheduled posts!:vino:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am starting to believe the only people being employed by USPS are mental midgets and the main qualification is IQ matching the shoe size. My package was supposed to be delivered on the third of this month, I know, I looked. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but even I can tell the day of the week, can count to 96 (don't ask, please) and am pretty sure this is February. I'm almost certain February 3rd passed yet my package was not delivered! I would love to give them a piece of my mind, but I don't have too many left and I'm quite certain they wouldn't know what to do with it in any case. I guess I'll just wait and hope the little package will make an appearance on Monday.

You mean the Cyclone has not reached the West Coast yet :(

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean the Cyclone has not reached the West Coast yet :(
Nope! They said it would but maybe it took the scenic route? I'll see on Monday. I had a Radius that arrived 4 days after the delivery date. The USPS must be confused by all this water from the sky thing, they're not sure if they need to order boats or keep the cars. Personally, I would suggest going back to ponies, they were faster.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Nope! They said it would but maybe it took the scenic route? I'll see on Monday. I had a Radius that arrived 4 days after the delivery date. The USPS must be confused by all this water from the sky thing, they're not sure if they need to order boats or keep the cars. Personally, I would suggest going back to ponies, they were faster.

Dang - well at least it's not in Jersey :p

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey don't think your alone in having shipping problems. Apparently Australia has a post office that acts like a black hole sucking in and holding any packages that come near it. Which you failed to warn me about!:cuss2:

if it is sunshine west, then i think i did

i think sydney has one somewhere too

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Yea apparently Sunshine West is well known for that. After reading some posts on AussieVapors.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am starting to believe the only people being employed by USPS are mental midgets and the main qualification is IQ matching the shoe size.

ditto! I sent my mom a birthday card on Tuesday. i am in the habit of always putting 2 stamps on letters........she is still waiting for the card! I am in Texas,, she is in Oklahoma. of course i still called her on Friday :)

disley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
DogMan if you can find us the same deal as JuicyLucy, for the same price, of US$51.95, I will pay the $28 postage cost.
screen-shot-2017-02-04-at-4-24-53-pm-png.73712

VU Sponsors