Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The VonErl was full price - unless prices went up since the last time I looked, which was early December

disley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
View attachment 73738 Be a good-time girl and buy a round for the house :giggle:
Now you're talking...
If you think of how much we spend or have spent on vape gear, we're entitled to the occasional discount...
I was sent the wrong parcel of juices, from molinshop, I was expecting some flavor samples.
Well I receive 2 litres of 6mg/ml 70/30 vg/pg, my exact mix, and an assortment of concentrates.
It lasted more than 6 months.
I've been a loyal molinshop customer ever since, so it worked out for both of us...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Now you're talking...
If you think of how much we spend or have spent on vape gear, we're entitled to the occasional discount...
I was sent the wrong parcel of juices, from molinshop, I was expecting some flavor samples.
Well I receive 2 litres of 6mg/ml 70/30 vg/pg, my exact mix, and an assortment of concentrates.
It lasted more than 6 months.
I've been a loyal molinshop customer ever since, so it worked out for both of us...

No doubt, lol

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HEY! All you ppl making little 3d print squonkers....
Change the size, or find a bottle that fits.

This is BS. It's a pain in the ass.
Juice gets all over if you try to reattach the tube when full, and you can't swing it out enough to unscrew/re-screw the cap with the tube attached.
Make it a few mm wider for gods sake. Maybe a couple taller - or like I said, find a bottle for it. Or trim the 510 tube. SOMETHING so it's usable.
I'm STILL not using my Frankenfake, and sure as hell not buying anything like this, which is the same damned thing.
Look at that tube - about to rip.

Capture.JPG
(note - this is some random fleabay device...)

QUESTIONS:

1) Do those little soy sauce bottles actually squonk?
I had some from a long time ago - but they may not be the right ones - it seems too stiff...

2) Anyone find tubing right for the Frankie 510? Or does it suck and I should get a Varitube one anyway?

3) If I DO replace the 510, AND get a soy sauce bottle, what size hole do I need in the bottle cap for that italian bottle's tubing?

I dunno if that things' worth all the trouble...Frankie might just be a DOA for me...

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Juice gets all over if you try to reattach the tube when full, and you can't swing it out enough to unscrew/re-screw the cap with the tube attached.
Make it a few mm wider for gods sake. Maybe a couple taller - or like I said, find a bottle for it. Or trim the 510 tube. SOMETHING so it's usable.
I'm STILL not using my Frankenfake, and sure as hell not buying anything like this, which is the same damned thing.

View attachment 73749

QUESTIONS:

I had some from a long time ago - but they may not be the right ones - it seems too stiff...

2) Anyone find tubing right for the Frankie 510? Or does it suck and I should get a Varitube one anyway?

3) If I DO replace the 510, AND get a soy sauce bottle, what size hole do I need in the bottle cap for that italian bottle's tubing?

I dunno if that things' worth all the trouble...Frankie might just be a DOA for me...
I have the Frankenskull clone too. The bottle is shorter on mine it seems. It still kinda sucks. Doesn't push the juice through very easily but for 18 bucks hard to complain for me lol. Still I agree the bottle should be better

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

View attachment 73749

QUESTIONS:

Part of the issue with the 3D printed boxes that I've seen is that little tab under the bottle that seems to be there for no apparent reason besides to hold the contact strip, which in my opinion should be secured by some other means (2-sided tape, epoxy, even super glue)
That would easily gain you enough space to give your bottle some breathing room on the bottom. There's no reason an Italian bottle shouldn't fit.
Second issue is that button and contact strip. There's really no reason to have that much material on the inside of the enclosure for the button. You need enough to keep it from popping out and no more. Since there isn't a lot of pressure from the contact strip, it means you need very little to do so.
Why is the contact strip all zigzagged like that? Look at how much space it eats into the bottle. I've seen a lot of folks using just plain copper sheet for contacts, which is fine, but it makes you have to do crazy shit like the picture to give it any sort of resistance to "spring". Go for some spring hard copper if anything. You can lie it flat and still have the spring tension you need.
Third is that any BF 510 on the market right now is too long for these tiny enclosures and they need some modification; in this case the feed tube should have been shortened a by good 10mm considering it is spring-loaded and that tube will lower even further than pictured once an atty is screwed down. To me that would spell pinched feed tube.
I hate to sound like a know-it-all and I'm not knocking anyone's efforts, but I've learned quite a bit about what works and doesn't with this design in a tiny space and it seems to me like the 3D printed market is making the same mistakes in nearly every device I've seen.
\rant/

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
While I have been really enjoying my Kanger 80 Watt Dripbox, I am wanting to upgrade my RDA.

I am looking at one of these........

http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...ainless-steel-22mm-diameter.html#.WJecPVMrKM9

Any thoughts or alternatives in the same price range?

That is probably the most so-so of all the squonk atties available these days

Look at the Hadaly clone, Origen Little, or even the Shift clone for some outstanding squonking

This is just a teeny list of some of my personal faves - there are many, many more

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll have to agree with JL, though the O-atty clone seemed a bit better than the Hadaly I got. The authentic Hadaly is a different story.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'll have to agree with JL, though the O-atty clone seemed a bit better than the Hadaly I got. The authentic Hadaly is a different story.

I made those picks because I know Grandpa Munster is a regular vaper of the Merlin, which is my all-day work atty

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That is probably the most so-so of all the squonk atties available these days

Look at the Hadaly clone, Origen Little, or even the Shift clone for some outstanding squonking

This is just a teeny list of some of my personal faves - there are many, many more

Isn't the Hadaly Clone a single coil?

If it delivers the flavor then I am interested.

Don't give a fig about clouds

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I forgot there is a Goon clone, which delivers both flavor and vapor nicely.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And not that Goon LP.... What an over hyped thing.

Note most goon clones are 24mm you will want a 22 mm clone.

Coppervape also has a 22 mm goon clone but not as nice as the one I got with the gold plated posts and screws.

And from reports the Orings are better than the authentic Goon.

also the Goon is hard to overs quonk at least my clones are because the orings do not leak on the bottom.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Very flavorful, as is the Origen Little. The Hadaly clone is single coil, double with conditions, caveats and skill, lol. It's not as good as the authentic, but is flavorful and satisfying

The SXK Hadaly clone comes with a squonk pin, not sure about other clones out there

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh, didn't know you had one
Been watching lots of reviews and can make up my own mind after seeing how tight the build is and you have to put the coils almost against the top cap insides to get the air to blow on the bottom half of the coils.

Watch Dean the Vaping Bikers review. Spot on. And he brags like heck on things I like;)

Of course I will never get one they are 24mm and with a tighter build area than a 22mm regular goon.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hadaly is good with parallel coils. Easy to do too.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to put most of my $ into atties - it makes or breaks a vape more so than a mod, especially a regulated one
I can understand that.
I vape all DIY with 5-7% flavoring max.
As long as the flavor comes thru good I am happy and do not concern myself that this one is a bit better than that one.
My fav right now is an Odis clone with dual coils. Nice dense and flavorful vapor.

My atty options are dropping anyway as the market moves on to larger attys.
A larger atty just take more watts and juice to give the same performance (to me) as a decent 22 mm atty.

Been playing around with some Black Raspberry flavoring. mmmmm pretty good solo but trying some other ingredients in the mix.
Made some Black Raspberry Zeppola, pretty nice will have to wait to see how it steeps out.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can understand that.
I vape all DIY with 5-7% flavoring max.
As long as the flavor comes thru good I am happy and do not concern myself that this one is a bit better than that one.
My fav right now is an Odis clone with dual coils. Nice dense and flavorful vapor.

My atty options are dropping anyway as the market moves on to larger attys.
A larger atty just take more watts and juice to give the same performance (to me) as a decent 22 mm atty.

Been playing around with some Black Raspberry flavoring. mmmmm pretty good solo but trying some other ingredients in the mix.
Made some Black Raspberry Zeppola, pretty nice will have to wait to see how it steeps out.
That is where my vaping is headed. I still like to crank up my dna 250 with a limitless plus once in a while. Make my juice also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is where my vaping is headed. I still like to crank up my dna 250 with a limitless plus once in a while. Make my juice also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
If that is what you like enjoy, Get the new V12 and 4 battery mod :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If that is what you like enjoy, Get the new V12 and 4 battery mod :)

I've resisted that so far - but with great difficulty

The extended life for tootle puffing would be awesome, but mainly I just think it's cool :cool:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
OK my Sqounking betters and fellow members of the Vaping Underground Peanut Gallery.

Here is what I need...........................

First of all, a good clone is a good clone. I really don't enjoy paying premiums for originals.
Economical.
Flavor first and foremost! Don't give a single fig about clouds.
I would prefer something set up for Bottom Feed out of the box! If you are going to recommend an RDA and the separate BF center pin that will work please provide two different links to the same company.
I have bad eyes and ham hands so I need something easy to build!
I Don't give a fig about color unless it is obnoxious. SS is just fine by me.
While I can and will order from China, (as long as it is an honest and well respected vendor) I prefer ordering from a US Warehouse.

Chat amongst yourselves and find me the perfect BF RDA for my Kanger 80 Watt Dripbox 2.

Lastly and most importantly, keep in mind that I am an "Official" Vaping Underground Moderator.

Which means you can tell me to go stuff myself anytime you like! This Ain't ECF folks!

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK my Sqounking betters and fellow members of the Vaping Underground Peanut Gallery.

First of all, a good clone is a good clone. I really don't enjoy paying premiums for originals.
Economical. Got lot's of Doctor bills to pay.
I would prefer something set up for Bottom Feed out of the box! If you are going to recommend an RDA and the separate BF center pin that will work please provide two different links to the same company.
While I can and will order from China, (as long as it is an honest and well respected vendor) I prefer ordering from a US Warehouse.

Chat amongst yourselves and find me the perfect BF RDA for my Kanger 80 Watt Dripbox 2.

Lastly and most importantly, keep in mind that I am an "Official" Vaping Underground Moderator.

Which means you can tell me to go stuff myself anytime you like! This Ain't ECF folks!

Hmm my Goon clone does not come with a squonk pin.
But if in the US I will make you one and mail it to ya.

I can also pif you a Velocity Mini. Basically a V2 Velocity.
PM me if interested. I have 5 Velocity minis and have no use for all of them.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Economical. Got lot's of Doctor bills to pay.

My humble suggestions: SXK Hadaly or Origen Little stands and meet all your criteria - but I'm not sure where to find clones in the US

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oooo guys......
lJEXY0P.jpg

VU Sponsors