Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If things go in the direction I'm hoping, he may never leave home :inlove:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No shit, lol

It's not done yet lol this may end up in the firewood pile yet.
I've got the next 10 or so minutes to hype myself up for the last step on the body. I don't have the nerves to start the door tonight lol

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If things go in the direction I'm hoping, he may never leave home :inlove:
It's not done yet lol this may end up in the firewood pile yet.
I've got the next 10 or so minutes to hype myself up for the last step on the body. I don't have the nerves to start the door tonight lol
As someone who "plays" with glass, lampwork, millefiori and such, I understand your reluctance. I keep telling my wife that my best work is in the scraps bucket, it was that laaaast liiittttle touch that went sideways and the whole thing went to hell in a hand basket. Very nice work BTW.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As someone who "plays" with glass, lampwork, millefiori and such, I understand your reluctance. I keep telling my wife that my best work is in the scraps bucket, it was that laaaast liiittttle touch that went sideways and the whole thing went to hell in a hand basket. Very nice work BTW.

Yes! that's exactly it! LMAO
after this it's just the door, and that's something I'm not terribly worried about. But this was the thing.

But on the flip side, I'm learning so many things I've wanted to try but haven't. And having 2 children old enough to hold sandpaper helps :teehee:

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uhhhhh guys? And girls?
Monty made it through the night unscathed!
Here he is! acrylic resin "window" over the carbon, I also had some flat sterling kicking around in my toolbox, so I whipped him up a fancy charm to go into the overlay.
The carbon weave just jumps out but the pictures don't do it justice, I'll see if my video-fu skills are still intact and maybe get some motion shots.
I'm so geeked!
:xD::xD::xD::xD::xD:
O0N2ony.jpg

5VMKeBv.jpg

FBUAVMR.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's a good atty, not sure about the clone, the authentic turned other manufacturers to using their two post design.

The 1:1 clones from Fast Tech are fairly decent. I have two. One has a top cap that sits just a wee bit loose but for being mass produced units I do not find that as being terrible or off putting enough to say negative. It is what it is, the CMS (Computer Manufacture System) might have gotten bumped a millimeter out of whack from the production heat, somewhere along the line. *shrugs* Poop like that happens, and with humans as end of the line QC it would be easy enough to have missed a few minor slight imperfections.

I might also suggest a Goon clone from Fast Tech. You'll not go wrong too far with either atty at around the $12 or less price point, as clones. Been enjoying both in rotation from time to time over the past few months. Kind of having a recent appreciation fest on the Goon more so than the Velocity. Not sure I could label a Goon, Velocity, Narda as a favorite. All three do well for me. That of course might also simply be due to me being one to make the best of what is at hand. :)

"Here you go Ben, use this old Buick muffler pipe as an RDA."

"Well, ya know if I did this and ... it might do good! Thanks!" :)

@UncleRJ This is directed in your direction despite my quoting @inspects here. *chuckles* I'm kind of sitting in the big circle talking in roundy roundy rounds. :)

Last edited:

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uhhhhh guys? And girls?
Monty made it through the night unscathed!
Here he is! acrylic resin "window" over the carbon, I also had some flat sterling kicking around in my toolbox, so I whipped him up a fancy charm to go into the overlay.
The carbon weave just jumps out but the pictures don't do it justice, I'll see if my video-fu skills are still intact and maybe get some motion shots.
I'm so geeked!
:xD::xD::xD::xD::xD:
O0N2ony.jpg

5VMKeBv.jpg

FBUAVMR.jpg
Top Shelf! Nice work.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would prefer something set up for Bottom Feed out of the box! If you are going to recommend an RDA and the separate BF center pin that will work please provide two different links to the same company.
I have bad eyes and ham hands so I need something easy to build!
I Don't give a fig about color unless it is obnoxious. SS is just fine by me.

Fast Tech does sell a BF pin that will suit for the Goon, it comes in a five pack for roughly $3-$4 more. I know @The Cromwell notes that it has no pin of its own in his post. It is a 2.5M sized pin though and the ones on Fast Tech are just that and I found they are 'tall' or 'long' enough without needing any filing, sanding off. The pins will butt up on the under side of the deck, allowing juice to flow up into it, yet also to stay low enough allowing excess to go back to the bottle easily. I will disclaimer that statement though with a, "at least it suited for me".

As to building easily, the Velocity probably would be your best call, especially if all you'll put on it is plain round Kanthal for wire. If you want to do a bit more fancy I might suggest the Goon as the clear call as it uses a clamping type of deck system, capable of holding odd shaped wire. As for a bottom fed pin and extra cost, I'm sure anyone on he board can pif you at least one, maybe a few.Shoot might even get pif'ed a Goon someone got pif'ed or had mysteriously show u, or maybe not. I'm thinking it's brass toned, SS but brass toned.

I might have double ordered that one, on myself *chuckles* Never know about me sometimes. I once worked myself out of a job by showing up for a week of double shifts. Then, I fussed at my boss for letting my hours go to some jerk. They pointed me to mirror. "Meet the jerk what took your hours." I often misplace myself and or turn my mind off, there's no recording, no recalling, or worse the "Old Timer's" creeps in with the C.R.A.F.T or C.R.S. It can be fun at times. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Top Shelf! Nice work.

I agree despite not being one easily "oohed and awed" by wood mods. Yes I find them nice but for myself I'm not exactly keen on the notion. Not sure why. *shrugs* Just an odd thing for me, I like metal or plastic, roughed plastic though not cheap 'toy' plastic.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
technically, any company doing business here would have to follow those laws, but harder to enforce if not a U.S. vendor.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you really want that thing?

But I have to say, if I were in their position, I would flat give JL one of them to avoid the wrath, and get some positive pr in return...

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to say I'm also happy to see this.:p
Because I missed out on that deal and was kicking myself for it. Now at least I feel better about missing it.
But seriously, that sucks Lucy, and everyone else that got screwed.

And why haven't I been following this thread? I need (well, OK, want) new toppers to try for my squonking setups, and in just a couple pages added three RDA's to my FT wishlist.

Oh, maybe that's why I haven't been following this thread.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Should I hit send??? Be meaner? Nicer?View attachment 73825

:finger:
Better person than me.
An advertised deal is a deal in my books. I would hold their feet to the fire and ask:
What was the price supposed to be
And
Why they didn't catch it after multiple people you know of purchased it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Better person than me.
An advertised deal is a deal in my books. I would hold their feet to the fire and ask:
What was the price supposed to be
And
Why they didn't catch it after multiple people you know of purchased it.

Already know their listed price: $74.99 and don't know anyone that actually bought one :p

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Already know their listed price: $74.99
OK, so ask what the 'intended' discount was.
People tend to catch themselves in lies after being asked multiple questions in different ways.
If anything it's always fun knowing they are reaching for the advil

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It was to the point, especially the part about never having to cancel with anyone else before. I think they would cave if you went further with it mentioning posting reviews of the situation but you'd probably have to go a few rounds with them, at some point the time, effort and headache would likely be not worth it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It was to the point, especially the part about never having to cancel with anyone else before. I think they would cave if you went further with it mentioning posting reviews of the situation but you'd probably have to go a few rounds with them, at some point the time, effort and headache would likely be not worth it.

I don't like borderline blackmail - but I'm a small business owner myself and have had to eat bad quotes and have honored them.

I just won't buy from them again and won't defend them like I did just before they screwed up on me in December. Simple.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, a little bit of an update from your junior squonker.

I am still totally loving my 80 Watt Dripbox which now has a pair of SS Clapton coils in the stock RDA deck with a net resistance of 0.18 ohms.

I have extra bottles and extra Coil Assemblies.....What should we call these things anyway?

The Cromwell has most graciously PIF'd me a Velocity Mini Clone and a BF center pin for a Goon!

Many Thanks Kind Sir!!!!:cheers:

Since I have the pin for the Goon coming, I will order a Goon from FT and most likely I will order a Hadaly RDA clone as well in a few weeks. Just as soon as FT answers my question and confirms that I comes with a BF center pin.

And while I am writing this massive missive, I want to thank all the inhabitants of this thread for all the help you have given me in true VU fashion!:vino:

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I have a used authentic Hadaly on the way with BF pin, plus ultem and black delrin extra caps. It will arrive before my clone by about a month, haha. Might have to PIF the clone.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You bought a Skullkandy @SirVtHondaGuy08,please let us know about it.I almost pulled the trigger on one,but want to know more about them.There are no reviews,they are basically unknown.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You bought a Skullkandy @SirVtHondaGuy08,please let us know about it.I almost pulled the trigger on one,but want to know more about them.There are no reviews,they are basically unknown.

I haven't tried it yet but the mod itself feels really really solid, I talked to the owner for like 2hrs before I pulled the trigger and he answered any questions I had.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried it yet but the mod itself feels really really solid, I talked to the owner for like 2hrs before I pulled the trigger and he answered any questions I had.

I messaged him through Facebook and he was very helpful.Seems like a good guy.I have been eyeballing the reaper for a few months now,but they are coming out with a slightly smaller version called the venom.Keep us posted how you get on with it,I'll probably get one next month.I couldn't pass up the Orca from minimalsaint,so have to replenish the vape budget.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I messaged him through Facebook and he was very helpful.Seems like a good guy.I have been eyeballing the reaper for a few months now,but they are coming out with a slightly smaller version called the venom.Keep us posted how you get on with it,I'll probably get one next month.I couldn't pass up the Orca from minimalsaint,so have to replenish the vape budget.

Oh, hey now. Everyone needs a little killer whale in their life!

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, hey now. Everyone needs a little killer whale in their life!
I can't wait for it to get here!I've got two brand new supersoft bottles ready for it.I also saw the update on Lucy on ECF,15mls is good.Might have to get one of those boxes and get back into modding myself.For my personal use,no threat of competition from me lol.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Somehow I expected that.:D
Ya know I love ya Juicy, and I really do feel bad they pulled that crap. I would be tempted to be shitier with them than what your letter is, though your more diplomatic approach might get better reception from them.

Love you in a brotherly way Kad darling - now GFY :devil:

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Here is the Squonking portion of my Latest Fasttech order. Half came in on Sat. the rest today. Maybe now I can sometimes follow along with people when you start talking about your new fangled atties. :vapemail:

hOUzQhl.jpg

And a nice handcheck for you all:D:D

lDplDcB.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to thank @JuicyLucy for a most wonderful atty. Incredible vape and I'm re-thinking my decision to sell the other Pico squeeze. All I need is another Cyclone bf pin...till then, I'm a happy vapin camper.1486433481613826752327.jpg 14864335318402007320994.jpg that's a clapton coil and I hope I got the wicking right.

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't wait for it to get here!I've got two brand new supersoft bottles ready for it.I also saw the update on Lucy on ECF,15mls is good.Might have to get one of those boxes and get back into modding myself.For my personal use,no threat of competition from me lol.

Should be in your hands by Thursday, check your PMs
Competition pffffft I'm as amateur as they come and not in it for the business model either!

VU Sponsors