Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
anyone know of a good source for a 22mm Goon in brass, with bf pin? If that is even made that is....all I found on slowtech is silver, and I am ocd about matchy matchy on my mod.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone know of a good source for a 22mm Goon in brass, with bf pin? If that is even made that is....all I found on slowtech is silver, and I am ocd about matchy matchy on my mod.
Are you looking for clone or authentic? I don't think any of them come with a bf pin,but I believe the fat daddy 3mm pin fits if you can get one.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are you looking for clone or authentic? I don't think any of them come with a bf pin,but I believe the fat daddy 3mm pin fits if you can get one.

I would prefer authentic, but budget requires clone :p

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would also be interested in a good single coil rda.....only requirements are....brass (or brass color), bf pin, and airflow that goes from restricted lung hit, up to fairly open.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a lot of brass atties around.
Alternative to consider perhaps - Ultem looks nice with brass.
Maybe find a Hadaly or Narda with an Ultem cap - both are designed for a single coil, and pretty flexible airflow...
upload_2017-2-8_20-21-0.png

This isn't a Hadaly (or a CC, lol) - but it's Ultem atop Brass, just for a look-see.
ultemuptop.jpg

I would also be interested in a good single coil rda.....only requirements are....brass (or brass color), bf pin, and airflow that goes from restricted lung hit, up to fairly open.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hammer tone p67 in the classi's at the other place right now . . .

That is a damn good price - best I've ever seen for P67 - and it comes with a RM2.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not a lot of brass atties around.
Alternative to consider perhaps - Ultem looks nice with brass.
Maybe find a Hadaly or Narda with an Ultem cap - both are designed for a single coil, and pretty flexible airflow...
View attachment 74025

This isn't a Hadaly (or a CC, lol) - but it's Ultem atop Brass, just for a look-see.
View attachment 74026
I like the ultem look.....I saw someone who made their own for a goon.....but where to find them? Used is fine by me fyi, just need to be reasonable in price...still at the "starving actor" stage.....:giggle:

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
P67......RM2.....all greek to me....still pretty new at the squonking game over all.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm. Now that I look, the only Hadaly ultem cap I see is the Authentic - for like $20.
Whereas, here's a Hadaly clone in "gold" (looks brass to me) for $10.

Same situation with Narda - you can get a good squonking clone from like $11, but the only Utem caps I know of are from Odis - and they're like $35, just the cap!

Sorry for the tease - anyone know a clone Narda or Hadaly that's got clone ultem options??

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmmm. Now that I look, the only Hadaly ultem cap I see is the Authentic - for like $20.

Same situation with Narda - you can get a good squonking clone from like $11, but the only Utem caps I know of are from Odis - and they're like $35, just the cap!

Sorry for the tease - anyone know a clone Narda or Hadaly that's got clone ultem options??
now you know my troubles....being ocd, and on a budget :giggle:

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I was looking at that Hadaly clone on FT...but I wasn't sure about it, as most of the other ones showed the BF pin in the pictures, and that one did not.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was looking at that Hadaly clone on FT...but I wasn't sure about it, as most of the other ones showed the BF pin in the pictures, and that one did not.

The SXK Hadaly clone does come with a squonk pin and FT does carry it

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good catch - you DO want to check. The authentic came with a BF pin, so you'd THINK they clones would, but it's "most" not all of them that do...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ah, don't know about SXK making anything but SS - they might, but I've never seen it, but didn't look for one either

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
found a "gold" hadaly that does include the pin on FT...wasn't listed in parts, but a review mentioned it being included.
still interested in other options, and Ultem caps for sure.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Derringer V3 comes in brass and is supposed to be easy to convert

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm new to squonking also, but I've learned: REO mods are/were pretty much the gold standard in mech. squonk mods. RM2 is a bf single coil atty with very good flavor.

I'd jump on that deal if I hadn't already blown my squonk-wad for the month :facepalm:

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the derringer in brass...... I am not fond of the build deck, though flavor is nice.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, We worked out a deal for the P67 and the RM2. @Zaxxaz , the little NoFear is a great atty and the draw is perfect! I keep flooding the little sucker but I don't care! @JuicyLucy the Cyclone kicks a$$, and I just got in touch with the Chowder man to "fix" my Cyclone AFC. I'm super stoked! Thank you guys, you rock! Also, thank you @keithu2 for the great tip on the P67 deal.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm new to squonking also, but I've learned: REO mods are/were pretty much the gold standard in mech. squonk mods. RM2 is a bf single coil atty with very good flavor.
I am using a Custom-Classic in brass....got the golden standard of mech squonk covered ;)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@Tamer El-Meehy The edges of the door are nice and glossy ;)
@JuicyLucy I wonder how the Alaskan post is running these days?
@Zaxxaz ETA tomorrow! Let's hope all of the "plastic box" talk hasn't got your excitement snuffed out lol

Let's just say I'm not holding my breath, lol.

If it goes the way it's supposed to, it will scan in Anchorage next. Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 9.24.12 PM.png

After that, it will scan and say it was delivered when in reality they have not yet put it in my box :facepalm:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I am using a Custom-Classic in brass....got the golden standard of mech squonk covered ;)

Not a fave of mine either, but some folks really dig it

VU Sponsors