Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let's just say I'm not holding my breath, lol.

If it goes the way it's supposed to, it will scan in Anchorage next. View attachment 74038

After that, it will scan and say it was delivered when in reality they have not yet put it in my box :facepalm:

Almost all of my incoming-from-out-of-state mail goes through that Allen Park post office. Thought I sent you something and forgot about it, lol.

Going through that post office early this morning, I have a BF pin for my new Goon 22, and an overpriced delrin box with a two generation old chip in it (used SVA Penguin). Very happy today is my early day so I can take off and go play with toys.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
anyone know of a good source for a 22mm Goon in brass, with bf pin? If that is even made that is....all I found on slowtech is silver, and I am ocd about matchy matchy on my mod.

Not sure if either of these will suit but what I find.

One

Two

Pins

ETA: I also steer away a bit from weariness over vaping from true brass. There's speculation over health concerns regarding it. I too wanted something brass to top the brass CopperVape, yet I desired keeping it safe/sane. Ergo, the stainless but brass "toned". The brass on it is electroplated and bonded to the stainless, as such I do not perceive there being any kind of health concerns. A person won't be likely to get the vaping so hot as to 'peel' the brass off of it and vape brass 'dust'.

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

One

Two

Pins

ETA: I also steer away a bit from weariness over vaping from true brass. There's speculation over health concerns regarding it. I too wanted something brass to top the brass CopperVape, yet I desired keeping it safe/sane. Ergo, the stainless but brass "toned". The brass on it is electroplated and bonded to the stainless, as such I do not perceive there being any kind of health concerns. A person won't be likely to get the vaping so hot as to 'peel' the brass off of it and vape brass 'dust'.

yeah, lead content of brass is a concern

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yeah, lead content of brass is a concern

"Eh, watts a little drain bamage for the cost of a good vape?" ;) :p

I figure the Strontium 90 we've all been dosed with since the early 1940's kills off a lot of environmental effects, acting kind of like a sterilization agent.

"You are going to make us sick lead? I don't think so, this body is radioactive! It'll nuke you out of the system."

Still though would rather err upon at least making some effort to be safe. There is a whole argument about an invisible giant shark swimming up on you in the ocean, too. Not sure I would want risk getting bit to find out if such a critter exists or not. I'll stay safe under the wings of my invisible purple unicorn Pegasus, thank you. :) If all else fails, I'll let the Flying Spaghetti Monster invoke Cthulu.

Not that I'm a fanatic or superstitious.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
"Eh, watts a little drain bamage for the cost of a good vape?" ;)

I figure the Strontium 90 we've all been dosed with since the early 1940's kills off a lot of environmental effects, acting kind of like a sterilization agent.

"You are going to make us sick lead? I don't think so, this body is radioactive! It'll nuke you out of the system."

Still though would rather err upon at least making some effort to be safe. There is a whole argument about an invisible giant shark swimming up on you in the ocean, too. Not sure I would want risk getting bit to find out if such a critter exists or not. I'll stay safe under the wings of my invisible purple unicorn Pegasus, thank you. :) If all else fails, I'll let the Flying Spaghetti Monster invoke Cthulu.
Lol

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, enough. Can someone please point me in the direction of a coppervape, or other decent mech squonker that I can lay my hands on without waiting for half of the life I have left to get it from the celestial kingdom? I'm not a patient person.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, enough. Can someone please point me in the direction of a coppervape, or other decent mech squonker that I can lay my hands on without waiting for half of the life I have left to get it from the celestial kingdom? I'm not a patient person.
FT sell coppervape

Custom Classic has no waiting list at present. He'll make you one in a week. On sale now starting with base model at $350 :)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
14b3d8843f735a2a52e872d4c76f04e0.jpg

The good thing is, that I want to use that build on that 22goon all the time. The bad part is, I need to get another one. :(

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a REO Grand LP I'm thinking of selling, since I got the P67. It's 8/10 in looks but the inside is in top shape, just got it back from REO with the updated 510.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yep and forgot to answer part of it.
The Kanger Atty is factory fresh not touched.
The Velocity mini is used but fresh washed and wicked.

Thanks again!

It is now firmly attached to my Dripbox and I am really enjoying the flavor it produces.
Ohh I did unstick the Kanger RDA and put a bit of PG on the orings.

Yep, I did notice that and I took my original Kanger RBA out of rotation until I can borrow the right tool to get it unstuck.

IMHO, I think Kanger uses a gorilla to assemble the suckers!:idea:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks again!

It is now firmly attached to my Dripbox and I am really enjoying the flavor it produces.

Yep, I did notice that and I took my original Kanger RBA out of rotation until I can borrow the right tool to get it unstuck.

IMHO, I think Kanger uses a gorilla to assemble the suckers!:idea:
I just put some PG on a qtip or bit of paper towel and smear on the orings and or up in the bottom of the barrel after every cleaning.
I do this with most all my attys.

One thing about the Kanger attys you can squonk a bunch and they will not leak around the bottom.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My coppervape brand goon 24 clone came with a pin

Got to looking this morning at the FT sold brass Goon. They too come
with a squonk pin pre-installed. That was a pleasant surprise. :)

--- Bit of opining ...

Sat down for a moment with some 32 awg Kanthal which thanks to a drill
and Allan key was four strands twisted. I wanted to check out the
Velocity V2 clone again. Heard some minor complaints regarding how it
took to wires varied from plain round Kanthal.

Dual coil set up using the twisted four strand 32 awg wire. I aimed to
hit 0.65 (R) oHm I am hitting that +\- 0.02 (R) so, I'm not too bent out
of shape. The wire is being held tightly by the grub screws. Did not
have any real issues slipping the wire through the generous 2 mm holes
in the posts. Had a minor issue with one coil having hot legs which did
not want to tune out, swapped it for a different coil that did tune out
alright.

This is purely my perception of it, a person can take it or leave it for
what it's worth. I see no issues with using wire other than plain round
Kanthal in the Velocity style decks, or the Velocity clones. I have used
Clapton wire in the Velocity clone decks without issue as well. Again,
only my look at it but I'm not seeing any issues.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

One

Two

Pins

Yeah, I am not stuck on brass....just a match. I like the idea of an ultem cap, specially since I can have a matching ultem button made for the CC, but can't seem to find one cheaply enough :p

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
2fdeal has some. I just threw the dice and ordered a Halady clone, have never used this company before but from all the reviews on their site and others the shenray is the better clone. They have it for $10.50 free ship. Yea, like after the bucks we pay for the bf mods who gives a shit about $5, right? lol

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2fdeal has some. I just threw the dice and ordered a Halady clone, have never used this company before but from all the reviews on their site and others the shenray is the better clone. They have it for $10.50 free ship. Yea, like after the bucks we pay for the bf mods who gives a shit about $5, right? lol

Thanks for the heads up but I'm looking for something state side, not wanting to wait for shipping lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I find the Chalice to finicky a build and it does not have as many options as the no fear. I gave my cyclone away to a needy squonker for free!!Wish the In'AX i have had a squonk option ...

reofear.jpg

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know Provari is not a squonk mod, but if any of you are thinking about getting one, hurry to provari fuel. com. Provari stopped production and is shutting down.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I know Provari is not a squonk mod, but if any of you are thinking about getting one, hurry to provari fuel. com. Provari stopped production and is shutting down.

When did that get announced?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find the Chalice to finicky a build and it does not have as many options as the no fear. I gave my cyclone away to a needy squonker for free!!Wish the In'AX i have had a squonk option ...

View attachment 74100
You must have the "newer" nofear, the one with adjustable air flow. I have the "older " one, with just the one itsy bitsy hole.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is from the provari fuel "These are NEW and 1st QUALITY ProVari PVs. Once they are gone they are gone forever. Get them while you still can. "

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally coiled a Nuppin last night I've had for about 1.5 yrs. DAMN, what a flavorful vape from that tiny beast. Lately I been going backwards, using the tighter bottom fed attys I've had put away.

I must say, they beat the hell out of ANY 22-40 mm attys. Also coiled a Manta 2 and the Marquis, forgot what a fantastic vape those attys are too.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This is from the provari fuel "These are NEW and 1st QUALITY ProVari PVs. Once they are gone they are gone forever. Get them while you still can. "

Have been mulling over whether or not to keep my two minis I was so proud of before they started selling for $30 :giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Think you better keep um, Juice....selling would prolly be a LOSING proposition.....:idea:

Oh yea, they're staying in the stash now. Actually I had decided to keep them only yesterday, and had ordered four new button tops for them from Liion Wholesale :)

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah - I bought mine when they were at peak. Paid extra for my preference in the color of the fucking led display even.
Couldn't bring myself to sell when the value tanked.
But I have revived my Mini as a "stealth dripper" of sorts - so I'm actually using it again!
(took 3 tries to build a coil that was over 1 ohm for it - I'm out of practice, lol)

Have been mulling over whether or not to keep my two minis I was so proud of before they started selling for $30 :giggle:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh yea, they're staying in the stash now. Actually I had decided to keep them only yesterday, and had ordered four new button tops for them from Liion Wholesale :)
Slick, I don't own one, but I've never read anyone hating the mod, except the provari liberal leftists....:crazy:...:teehee:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Slick, I don't own one, but I've never ready anyone hating the mod, except the provari liberal leftists....:crazy:...:teehee:

Oh I vaped the shit out of mine - and they are still pretty. But minis are tubes, and tubes are a pain, even with the side button.

I used to keep mine in a fancy glass vase on my desk

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got a 40 watt radius.....topped with a kabuki, it's a good flavor high nic device

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have a mini and a 2.5 - one has a hurricane jr. one has a nautilus - use them all the time. Would love to trade for a Radius.

VU Sponsors