Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Auths - Two Maze 2 they came with the VT Inbox, SR One by ShenRay, Tsunami 22 and Tsunami 24.
Clones - Origen Little 16mm, Oatty, Derringer V3, Hobo 3.1 and Nopity

All are in original condition and original box with original accessories and the ones that didn't come bf have been modified for bf with a FD Pin.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. so I have read alot of this thread, not all of it attmitidly. I am convinced I need a squonk for my longish road trips. So my needs are a dual battery for longevity and Need's to got to 90 watts or so. I can get a squonk pin for my goon but would prefer a full setup if possible. The drone looks pretty nice but can't really find it available and when I do it's a bit cost prohibitive. Is there any decent priced dual battery squonk available?

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok. so I have read alot of this thread, not all of it attmitidly. I am convinced I need a squonk for my longish road trips. So my needs are a dual battery for longevity and Need's to got to 90 watts or so. I can get a squonk pin for my goon but would prefer a full setup if possible. The drone looks pretty nice but can't really find it available and when I do it's a bit cost prohibitive. Is there any decent priced dual battery squonk available?

The Kanger Drip Box 160 is dual battery, works well and the least expensive dual batt squonker I'm aware of.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have been eye fornicating that for a bit but was wondering about it.

If not having a dual battery is a deal breaker, that is probably your best but unless you are willing to shell out some serious cash on a custom mech.

Just get a better atty - if you like your Goon, convert it (takes a 2.5 mm FDV pin) or get one of the clones that come with a pin.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The problem lies in the fact that I pretty much only use SS (super low ohm metal) and make lowerish builds so I need the extra battery to be safe and have longevity. That said I looked at a few places and have to buy a bunch of stuff separately. Vapor East has the Dropbox 160 but I think I still need to buy the bottle for it, not sure on the right size.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I thought I saw the Disguiser for $19 and another $10 for the conversion kit.

For what it's worth, between the two, I'd pick the Kanger, but I don't actually own either one

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The problem lies in the fact that I pretty much only use SS (super low ohm metal) and make lowerish builds so I need the extra battery to be safe and have longevity. That said I looked at a few places and have to buy a bunch of stuff separately. Vapor East has the Dropbox 160 but I think I still need to buy the bottle for it, not sure on the right size.

They should come with a bottle

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

it comes with a bottle and I'm pretty sure an extra, sweet-vapes has them in stock though if you need more.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It all has to do with your built! I use SS wire 80% of the time. The Kanger 160W does TC and right now I'm vaping my Hadaly with a 2.5mm ID SS clapton coil at 1.1 ohms.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@minimalsaint, any news from Floris?
I peeked (I try not to) at F-book since the store is down, and there's nothing since a January 17 post about his village being buried in snow.
Did we lose the Orca supply to an avalanche or something?
1360784312_skier_avalanche_backflip__sverre_liliequist.gif

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn autocorrect changing my words. I hope it does. Vapor beast doesn't say it does, just an extra tube.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Damn autocorrect changing my words. I hope it does. Vapor beast doesn't say it does, just an extra tube.

I've never heard of it not coming with a bottle - and there are a lot of Kanger 160s out there

minimalsaint

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@minimalsaint, any news from Floris?
I peeked (I try not to) at F-book since the store is down, and there's nothing since a January 17 post about his village being buried in snow.
Did we lose the Orca supply to an avalanche or something?
1360784312_skier_avalanche_backflip__sverre_liliequist.gif

Oh, the site has been up since the storm, and I had a full shopping cart before work one morning, went to check out at break time and it was down.
:xD:
I'm thinking the store closes when he needs to run another production, I don't think there are ever more than 10 or 15 of black and white at one time.
I've sent him a message this evening, we shall see!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
See, the post office is retarded, lol. Still 300 ice-road trucker style miles away and it will be Feb 10 in about two hours :crazy:

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 8.19.54 PM.png

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mr. Juicy Lucy received a Hanukah card in the mail today that was mailed on Dec. 27 from the same post office it was to be delivered to, because we only have post office boxes in our town.

It went from Valdez, to Anchorage, to Kodiak, to Red Devil and back to Valdez and took a little over a month.

EDIT: I think he left it in the car, will have to take photos of it tomorrow. Unbelievable :facepalm:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Auths - Two Maze 2 they came with the VT Inbox, SR One by ShenRay, Tsunami 22 and Tsunami 24.
Clones - Origen Little 16mm, Oatty, Derringer V3, Hobo 3.1 and Nopity

All are in original condition and original box with original accessories and the ones that didn't come bf have been modified for bf with a FD Pin.
The Tsunami 22 cannot be modified with just a FDV pin.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

I think it comes with two bottles. One installed and a spare with a cap.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Finally coiled a Nuppin last night I've had for about 1.5 yrs. DAMN, what a flavorful vape from that tiny beast. Lately I been going backwards, using the tighter bottom fed attys I've had put away.

I must say, they beat the hell out of ANY 22-40 mm attys. Also coiled a Manta 2 and the Marquis, forgot what a fantastic vape those attys are too.

You're the only person I know who would have a couple of those laying around - and then wait a year-and-a-half to try them out :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just removed the pin and gave it a look, been many moons since I did that one. It's got a FD 2.5, filed lightly on both ends. It may have required more but I can't recall.
The pins required for the 22 mm Tsunami are longer than the FDV pins.

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the tsunami 22mm version has had two decks....the second version is much shorter in the "center post" area, so it's likely that the FDV 2.5 pin would work with that one and not the first released version.

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
z
the tsunami 22mm version has had two decks....the second version is much shorter in the "center post" area, so it's likely that the FDV 2.5 pin would work with that one and not the first released version.

Thanks, that explains it. I was curious as to what was different.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would explain it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been a while back since I've ordered from Juice Mafia. Recently, found one of their smaller sized bottles. I would hazard guessing it come as a 7 ml product in a 10 ml bottle. I recall having gotten samplers from them and that meant half sizes of what I see now as their smallest selling bottles of 15 ml. The bottle I have fits the CopperVape nicely and without any need of fussing over to fit. If a person likes black tinted bottles, there ya go. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been a while back since I've ordered from Juice Mafia. Recently, found one of their smaller sized bottles. I would hazard guessing it come as a 7 ml product in a 10 ml bottle. I recall having gotten samplers from them and that meant half sizes of what I see now as their smallest selling bottles of 15 ml. The bottle I have fits the CopperVape nicely and without any need of fussing over to fit. If a person likes black tinted bottles, there ya go. :)
I just got a 10 pk of those 10 ml needle tipped bottles from FT for under $3.
They fit the Coppervape nicely and I use a few for other things.
have PG in one for lubing O rings and another with isopropyl alc for cleaning.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just got a 10 pk of those 10 ml needle tipped bottles from FT for under $3.
They fit the Coppervape nicely and I use a few for other things.
have PG in one for lubing O rings and another with isopropyl alc for cleaning.

Yes, those are a great investment - spare squonk bottles, plus they are super useful for other stuff, like you noted.

Also, I started filling a few extras, and take them with me to work, so I can swap out an empty bottle for a full one on the fly.

Very, very handy.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, those are a great investment - spare squonk bottles, plus they are super useful for other stuff, like you noted.

Also, I started filling a few extras, and take them with me to work, so I can swap out an empty bottle for a full one on the fly.

Very, very handy.
Umm the Kanger bottles with the stopper fit perfectly in an 18650 carry case.
A bottle and battery and set to go for all day.

I also have one of the needle tip bottles in my shop full of oil for use as a precision oiler.
Great for shooting lube or alcohol into a frozen lock.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Umm the Kanger bottles with the stopper fit perfectly in an 18650 carry case.
A bottle and battery and set to go for all day.

I also have one of the needle tip bottles in my shop full of oil for use as a precision oiler.
Great for shooting lube or alcohol into a frozen lock.

So do those fancy soft Italian bottles you scorn ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also watched the 2 highhorse mode Plumes guys discussing how to use a lighter and such to keep supersoft bottles from leaking around the cap...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I also watched the 2 highhorse mode Plumes guys discussing how to use a lighter and such to keep supersoft bottles from leaking around the cap...

I've only had that happen once and use them in about half my mods.

But back to the topic, the spare CV bottles with needle points are a great value :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer the stronger 'suck back" action for the excess juice I might squonk.
Rather than a wimpy flaccid response.

but I might order another batch of the needle bottles since I am finding other uses for them.

VU Sponsors