Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The palm dna75 is my favorite squonk mod... with the pico being second.

I’d really like to nab one again... second hand though... can find them in the sub $180 once in a while.

Lowest Being $150

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The palm dna75 is my favorite squonk mod... with the pico being second.

I’d really like to nab one again... second hand though... can find them in the sub $180 once in a while.

Lowest Being $150

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mate offered me a loan, since i rarely end up liking mods that i covet

IMG_20200617_113159.jpg

i love it, going to buy one. But needs to be secondsies since the dna75 is discontinued and they only do dna75C now :headbang:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
89aa1790078dea060b3f43c8c2f841c0.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I really miss mine... and you’re making me want another

To me it was the best fit in the hand mod, more than enough capacity, battery capacity, and truly worked in TC.

Mine was exactly as yours minus the atty, I mostly used it with a Le Concorde... but it was a delight... although if I still had mine, we could be twins... I’d slap the Stumpy on

Man I really want another... time to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I really miss mine... and you’re making me want another

To me it was the best fit in the hand mod, more than enough capacity, battery capacity, and truly worked in TC.

Mine was exactly as yours minus the atty, I mostly used it with a Le Concorde... but it was a delight... although if I still had mine, we could be twins... I’d slap the Stumpy on

Man I really want another... time to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's one in the hardware classifieds. Lol!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sort of worked out a trade. Only I didn't have a billet to trade, so just mostly funded one for her

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still using my older Vapes still enjoying the BF1 and and le Concorde,
Just picked up a new Dvarw FL MTL tried for the fl dtl but not fast enough since you can get the 2.5mm for RDTL
2d1e0344ca4cfb9e1a3462918c8b2ff5.jpg

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This has been the only set up I've used for a few months now. Just can't seem to put it down. Krönig 18650 w/ B2K rsa. Running a 27x4/40 fused clapton, all nichrome.

View attachment 164378

Apparently I need to try the build you are using, because I was far less than thrilled with my B2K. I was shocked by that, too. Expected much more.

I can't replicate yours exactly, but I do have tri-core Clapton wire, so I'll try that. Thanks for the info.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Apparently I need to try the build you are using, because I was far less than thrilled with my B2K. I was shocked by that, too. Expected much more.

I can't replicate yours exactly, but I do have tri-core Clapton wire, so I'll try that. Thanks for the info.

Coil placement is key. That and I wick it differently than most. I build two "walls" of rayon with the tails, to block off all airflow except for around the coil. I set my coil about ~2mm above the squonk pin (5mm leg length on the coil leg tools) so that the airflow is as direct as it can be. I get best results with 3mm ID or bigger. I sometimes run a tri core clapton wrapped in parallel, since this thing likes long coils.

Not the best pic, but you can see my wicking method. It helped the flavor production for me.
20200706_190413-1.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coil placement is key. That and I wick it differently than most. I build two "walls" of rayon with the tails, to block off all airflow except for around the coil. I set my coil about ~2mm above the squonk pin (5mm leg length on the coil leg tools) so that the airflow is as direct as it can be. I get best results with 3mm ID or bigger. I sometimes run a tri core clapton wrapped in parallel, since this thing likes long coils.

Not the best pic, but you can see my wicking method. It helped the flavor production for me.
View attachment 164390
I wick like that in le Concorde bit of wick under it too just leave a small channel for air to come in hit go under over coil then out tip helps from over bottom feeding and leaks too

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a new toy, at 40% off 4th sale.
Had a blue one, so I knew - very nice finishing, satiny, huge bottle. First time trying their RDA - it's kind of a loud whoosh, but excellent flavor, nice squonk, nice deck. Might want to fiddle a fatter drip tip onto it though... Anyway, matchy-matchy, lol.
dotmodred.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Had a blue one, so I knew - very nice finishing, satiny, huge bottle. First time trying their RDA - it's kind of a loud whoosh, but excellent flavor, nice squonk, nice deck. Might want to fiddle a fatter drip tip onto it though... Anyway, matchy-matchy, lol.
View attachment 164644
I came really close to getting that RDA, but only walked away with a bottle and a battery adapter. I cheaped out.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 164644
Man I love some dotmod. So classy

Sent from a pile of wood chips

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
matchy-matchy

This term, it is, ... infectious! I now have three mod and rda combos that are matchy-matchy, four if I put the Core rda back on the aluminum Coppervape and five if I count the Kennedy rda on the Vindicator tube mod. Five out of six isn't bad. Not found a match for the Topside Lite yet.

A black POM 810 chuffy drip tip would make the Deathtrap rda matchy with the aluminum Coppervape. Using a black 510 tip with the core but it doesn't fit the Deathtrap, or does it? Lemme see, ...

Seems to want to but just doesn't. The POM tip needs more material around the parameter to fit snug. So, I reckon to SlowTech I go to fetch an 810.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really need to get this one back up and running. Just need a new 510.
38ddfdd7b7dd46678c735884fbab4a9a.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips
Yea replying to my own shit. Lol. Fiddled with it last night and the 510 was just loose. Just need some tubing now to fit the gap because the bottle isn't that tall. It's a wide mod so probably just for home life. But glad I got it working

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have a question for you long time Squonkers. What do you use to clean out the squonk pin/tube from previous flavor?

I keep some vodka in a squirt bottle for cleaning all my vapes, but I just squirt some into the hole and through the tubing when needed - I don't see why you couldn't do this with water, though a super strong flavor might linger with just h20

Vinegar might work if you don't wanna use vodka, but it would need a real good water rinse

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I keep some vodka in a squirt bottle for cleaning all my vapes, but I just squirt some into the hole and through the tubing when needed - I don't see why you couldn't do this with water, though a super strong flavor might linger with just h20

Vinegar might work if you don't wanna use vodka, but it would need a real good water rinse
I've done the vinegar thing, even let it sit a while. Water definitely didn't do it. I haven't purchased alcohol in a really long time, but I suppose I could pick up one of those airplane bottle sized ones. Some juices are super stubborn.

Thanks!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've done the vinegar thing, even let it sit a while. Water definitely didn't do it. I haven't purchased alcohol in a really long time, but I suppose I could pick up one of those airplane bottle sized ones. Some juices are super stubborn.

Thanks!
I solved the problem... sort of...my way was to have a mod/atty for each flavor. I have three mixes I vape 99% of the time but depending on your gear, that can still get costly. I use the Odis 16mm (thank you @JuicyLucy for the suggestion ) on Pico squeeze (2 of them) and a Supersonic on a Topside Lite. For the times I don't squonk, I'm stuck on Dvarw tanks on several TC mods. On festive days and holidays I take out one of the Studiovape mods (thank you @DogMan for pointing me to this excellent mod) with a Nuppin topper or a Chalice III (and yes, I do have three mods and three Nuppins/Chalice III for them).

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Thanks!

Some swear by a good 24 hour soaking in isopropyl and then another 24 hour drying

I avoid it after trying it once and still tasting isopropyl for several days afterward

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a question for you long time Squonkers. What do you use to clean out the squonk pin/tube from previous flavor?
Ultrasonic cleaner plus the type of sodium percarbonate that is commonly used by beer brewing hobbyists to clean brewing installations, and then finally rinse it off thoroughly with regular tap water. I use this cleaning technique on everything that comes into contact with juice, but usually I just rinse with sparkling water because it goes faster, if the previous flavor is not the kind that strongly lingers─it depends.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A lot of the time for squonkers or tanks, if I want to change flavors, I vape as much of the old flavor out as I can without burning the coil, then I put 2 or 3 ml of a "neutral" flavor in the tank, like a basic vanilla, and vape that out. Stubborn, strong flavors, might have to do that more than once, but then I can put my new flavor in and I don't taste the original flavor, and I haven't had to use a new coil or even a new wick, most of the time.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Once we were able to get inexpensive soft bottles, unless it's proprietary, I would just use a new bottle rather than take a lot of time and expense trying to get something out of the OG

I always avoided strong or staining juices in setups with expensive bottles like cappies

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Once we were able to get inexpensive soft bottles, unless it's proprietary, I would just use a new bottle rather than take a lot of time and expense trying to get something out of the OG

I always avoided strong or staining juices in setups with expensive bottles like cappies
we seem to still lack an "agree" reaction, but this

with current shipping issues, hopefully you have a local supplier

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone been to ECF classies lately? Looked anemic and dead

Hadn't been there since they opened them up and stopped practically requiring a credit check to use it

I have a double CC in almost perfect condition I am considering trying to trade for a single

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone been to ECF classies lately? Looked anemic and dead
It's been kinda going in spurts lately.Some days there will be 4-5 new posts,then nothing for a week or more.I'd say there are a lot browsing it still though,a few days ago i was looking through some listings and the thing at the bottom said there were 35 people viewing that section.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Black Chrome Feedlink I just got in today. For $20 as the kit from Eciggity. Love it. :D

dRlngHcl.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks!

Same here. I use a 50/50 solution of regular 5% white vinegar in a spray bottle as a cleaner/etc.
I just rinse out with water, then spray the solution several times full bore through the tube. Then rinse well again with hot water. May not take dark stains out but that don't matter IMO, it does take the flavors out just like cleaning a coffee carafe.

VU Sponsors