Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got these from the classies this weekend :)

1afiaftz3j4oz196g.jpg

oca1n1puur7ywog6g.jpg

c5da0zmow7lpqwf6g.jpg

36bp8ybk7lnh3306g.jpg

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got these from the classies this weekend :)

1afiaftz3j4oz196g.jpg

oca1n1puur7ywog6g.jpg

c5da0zmow7lpqwf6g.jpg

36bp8ybk7lnh3306g.jpg
Stunning. You grabbed those up while I was still searching back to find the thread where/when were those were being made. I remembered thinking about getting on a list for one, but it was steep for me back then especially.
Beautiful mods!!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stunning. You grabbed those up while I was still searching back to find the thread where/when were those were being made. I remembered thinking about getting on a list for one, but it was steep for me back then especially.
Beautiful mods!!
VR wood mods by Vaughn Richards on ECF. Circa 2015, when non REO squonks started appearing more :)

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just recently got into squonking. I have been using mtl rda's for some time but wasn't sure i'd like squonking but i found a sale on the eleaf pico squeeze 2 and decided to go for it. Now i had to get a second one because i can't imagine myself not squonking. So much more convenient and no more dripping.

Welcome to the squonk side :wave: The Pico squeeze 2 is a great way to start down the squonking rabbit hole 👍

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are nice drift, peatedib sexyness...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

HI Badinfluence :wave: These we're actually made by Vkiwi from New Zealand back in 2015 around the same time Peter was making his Pinches. They do look very similar to a Peter's Sumpins, I can see why you thought they were Peter's creations.

Im proud to own these two VR mods, these are made with exceptional quality and Vkiwis artistic vision and execution. Great additions to my Stabwood collection :)

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Finally got around to working on this mod. Swapped out the Mod Maker 510 for a Reset V3 and have been experimenting with ways to clean the alumide up some. Seems an eraser works just about as good as anything else has. Still has a little more to go on the bottom of the back side it seems, couldn't tell in person but the picture really highlights it.

20210330_092847.jpg20210330_092829.jpg

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally got around to working on this mod. Swapped out the Mod Maker 510 for a Reset V3 and have been experimenting with ways to clean the alumide up some. Seems an eraser works just about as good as anything else has. Still has a little more to go on the bottom of the back side it seems, couldn't tell in person but the picture really highlights it.

View attachment 180055View attachment 180056
Nice to see that mod again - I had it a number of years ago and really enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice to see that mod again - I had it a number of years ago and really enjoyed it.

I remember. One of the reasons I stopped lurking and made an account here was to try to get this mod. I was a little late for it though. Ended up getting it from MrMeowgi on one of his final sales though.

Figured it was time to start trying to find a good way to clean up these Alumide boxes. The eraser works really well. I still need to get some more silver plates to make a new contact for my Anchor Nano and that one will be done too.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Grabbed another mod, secondhand. Some of these hard to resist when value/demand has dropped, but they still fit how I vape. Slowing down now, though I have one on the way, and there's a modmaker who's getting close to selling a mod I've been waiting for...for like a year, lol.

blackRave1.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IMG_20210515_235607139.jpg

My Oumier Wasp Nano family captured in a still.

Left to right all w/ 22 mm Wasp Nano RDAS:

Wismec Luxotic semi-mechanical mod
Silver Geekvape Athena Squonk box mechanical
Gun Metal Geekvape Athena Squonk box mechanical
Brass Coppervape V2 mechanical

All have builds running from 0.30 to 0.45 Ω. This is just what I like running on single battery cell mods. For those unaware it is sub-ohm vaping. Will grant my Ωs are not extremely low. So what? It suits me. :)

They all "hit" well. Many may think you can only use the RDAs pictured for mouth to lung vaping. I use mine for restricted direct lung vaping. Either way as you vape, you draw vapor through your mouth. It's not all "up to the tool" in how it is used. I'm sure many know the phrase a craftsman never blames the tools. ;) :D

I got some other mods and RDAs as well. These seem to stay in my favored rotation. We each like what we like. See no need to defend, justify my choice/s. All in it's vaping and we can all agree to enjoy that. :)

Be remiss if I didn't thank @nadalama. She bought two of these for me as gifts. I very much appreciate them and am filled with gratitude for them. Then, I had to go and find two more Geekvape Atena mods to buy. *chuckles* They're filling in for the Coppervape mods.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I want one of those Requiem RDAs!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I kinda want one of these, but have no 21700's, only 20700's.
Actually wish they made an 18650...
A 20700 will work in anything that takes a 21700.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, and seems to me, the 2x700 makes for a better vaping experience on a mech squonker. I really like the extra oomph from a bigger battery.
Totally agree gave up my 18650 Squonks after using a 21700 in one. For a single coil right around .18Ω the 21700 last a long time and has that extra oomph you described.

I do miss some of those little 18650 mechs though - some I wish I'd kept that got traded off.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still waiting on my HF Venom X 21700. I did try an SQ217, but I didn't have any 26awg ni80 at the time. And sold it, without giving it a chance

So, still on 18650 squonks for now

Hopefully soon

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice I had the v1 and sent it to a buddy. They are awesome little squonks. Love the color on your new one.
They are amazing small, light mechs and the v2 is much improved over the v1.

I should go with this combo since the Vikings are getting ready to make their historic super bowl run this year... Hey, it could happen and I could win the lottery but the odds are better on them winning it all this year.
8b2d9f95c65e1b88768781c1948b392b.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They are amazing small, light mechs and the v2 is much improved over the v1.

I should go with this combo since the Vikings are getting ready to make their historic super bowl run this year... Hey, it could happen and I could win the lottery but the odds are better on them winning it all this year.
8b2d9f95c65e1b88768781c1948b392b.jpg

Much improved you say? Well then I may have to think about grabbing one later on. Planning a possible move to OK. So funds are tied up for the time being. hmmm I may have to change my forum name from debinnv to debinok Ewww I don't like that at all. Need to think of something better than that lol

OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain..................everyone sing with me now. HA I'm in a mood today. This is NOT a move I really want, but I don't have any control over it so no sense getting worked up. I already had my meltdown the other day over it all. Sorry, OT I know. :)

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Back on topic. This is still my favorite mech squonker. Nothing comes close ( for me anyway )

View attachment 184094
Those doors really look amazing and I have to say the SQ is still top 2 for me for mechanical squonkers.

The addition of the door to the v1, there's an opening underneath to for easier access and the cut out on the front with the brass showing behind it is a nice look. I like that when you pull the door off the battery is held to the inside of the door. Slides right out but it's a nice touch.
695d7b8a98827f88a1f3b2274c62aeb2.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Those doors really look amazing and I have to say the SQ is still top 2 for me for mechanical squonkers.

The addition of the door to the v1, there's an opening underneath to for easier access and the cut out on the front with the brass showing behind it is a nice look. I like that when you pull the door off the battery is held to the inside of the door. Slides right out but it's a nice touch.

I can't forget about his little brother that was gifted to me by one of our forum sweethearts either. Love this one also. They truly are amazing.

IMG_20210710_112846064.jpgIMG_20210710_112849814.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

That is nice, I do remember having a little bit of trouble using a 21700 with the V1. Was an extremely tight fit

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Funny, how we are all so different. I just didn't gel with the SQ217. Granted, I didn't give it a great run. Maybe 3 bottles through it. But, not for me, personally

The red below is my current go to. The black, the incoming 21700

a5cbb53d78c2be975085b3b49aaed605.jpg
c8a40d2e69ee1bc82db35f20603a35b7.jpg
94b08a405a5389d4ac2d6c11af23964a.jpg
cf3f8bd6285ec776281e868cc6f37f27.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Funny, how we are all so different. I just didn't gel with the SQ217. Granted, I didn't give it a great run. Maybe 3 bottles through it. But, not for me, personally

The red below is my current go to. The black, the incoming 21700

a5cbb53d78c2be975085b3b49aaed605.jpg
c8a40d2e69ee1bc82db35f20603a35b7.jpg
94b08a405a5389d4ac2d6c11af23964a.jpg
cf3f8bd6285ec776281e868cc6f37f27.jpg
All good, we love what we love. That one looks nice and I am not a red person at all. Black and Silver always a sleek look too.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have always liked those deep engraved doors, they look very nice.
Yep, I love the 18650 raised skull on the door. I am still browsing around trying to find a STL file for a door for the 217. It's always nice to have a different option and I can't be buying a door that's $50 plus. Nope, not happening :) I tried contacting zapwrapz several times via email to see if they still ship to the US as I could always put a skin on the door as they do sell them. But they never replied ( I think I sent 3 emails ) Meh, they don't want my money I guess. lol

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, I love the 18650 raised skull on the door. I am still browsing around trying to find a STL file for a door for the 217. It's always nice to have a different option and I can't be buying a door that's $50 plus. Nope, not happening :) I tried contacting zapwrapz several times via email to see if they still ship to the US as I could always put a skin on the door as they do sell them. But they never replied ( I think I sent 3 emails ) Meh, they don't want my money I guess. lol

If you find one let me know and I'll do the same. I hadn't thought of a zapwrapz skin - I'll have to look into that.

VU Sponsors