nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It depends on what I'm in the mood for actually. A normal build would be a 3-3.5mm I.d, 5 wrap fused clapton spaced. If you use anything under 3mm it doesn't perform, also need higher wattage, minimum 45-50 watts to get that set up to really shine.

I find myself building a lot lately with a 2-2.5mm id clapton and using the ultem chamber reducer at much lower wattage, the flavor is off the charts.

Thanks. I will try the 3.5mm FC and see how that does. Appreciate the help! :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
fc8d494ad1bfeccc78275f9a60cbb809.jpg

354e1d8d9262f48da9f294b028964f02.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Portion Of Squonk Family

IMG_20211109_064732150.jpg

L to R --
  • Signature Tips 18650 Brass Edition SQ w/ Redemption RDA
  • " " Black SQ w/ U.S. 1 Standard Trinity Glass "styled" RDA
  • Lost Vape Furyan w/ Advken Gorge RDA
These three are my current daily carry rotation. Hard pressed to define a favorite out them. All three are mechanical mods & all hit like 🚂s. AFIK, only got three regulated squonkers & they keep "put up".

Coil set up in all three RDA? Simple single coil builds tapping in at ~0.30 Ω. I would drop to ~0.25 but at that point for me the vape gets too warm & part of my vaping preference is to avoid the physical heat of cigarettes.

Last edited:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Squonkers bundle here

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have had a flash e vapor BF 1 any thoughts on how good a MTL rda it is? I have the tank and love it.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is anyone in the "Squonks BST" group on FB? If so, I could use an invite. Group isn't publicly visible to request a join.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Is anyone in the "Squonks BST" group on FB? If so, I could use an invite. Group isn't publicly visible to request a join.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have any thoughts on the following mech Squonks?

Harpy
Bolt
Purge
Dotmech

I sold one recently and am trying to figure out what to replace it with lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Harpy
Bolt
Purge
Dotmech

Random thoughts from a dedicated mech squonker...

Harpy - I haven't got one, though they look like what I like...they seem pretty pricey, even second-hand.

Bolt - I like these, nice, straight-up box - I will get another if I see one I like, preferably with silver guts.

Purge - no experience with 'em, sorry!

Dot Squonk - (I presume that's the one - not the tube) - DUDE, you JUST missed the 50% off black friday sale! You can get these new for $50 when they have a big sale! Maybe another coming b4 Xmas?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Harpy
Bolt
Purge
Dotmech

No Spade mech on that list?

I've never owned a Harpy, nice mods from what I've seen. I've had a few Bolt's and Purge squonks over the years, can't go wrong with either IMO.

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone recognize this squonker from the multitude of 3D printed boxes out there? I can't place it. It's being offered in trade but I don't know what it is and the other party hasn't replied to my inquiry. It looks like alumide, the same stuff the OG Frankies and Bolts were printed with. I'm mainly just curious what the mod is.

Wish he was offering the Plug below it, lol.

EDIT: dude just sent pics which included a different door. Based on that, I was able to determine it's a Skullkandy squonker. No thanks.

1638981092098.png

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Following a frenzy of black friday ordering (not really) I just got my very first couple 21700 batteries. I have like 100 mods, but nothing that takes a 21700, lol.
Anyone got a 21700 mech or mosfet squonker to recommend?
I could get a Boxer...but I have an 18650 Boxer - just wondering what else I should consider (or look for, if they're not available new - open to 2nd-hand mods, too).

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Following a frenzy of black friday ordering (not really) I just got my very first couple 21700 batteries. I have like 100 mods, but nothing that takes a 21700, lol.
Anyone got a 21700 mech or mosfet squonker to recommend?
I could get a Boxer...but I have an 18650 Boxer - just wondering what else I should consider (or look for, if they're not available new - open to 2nd-hand mods, too).
Signature Tips SQ makes a real nice 21700 Squonk.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have any ideas on making it fire more consistently? I really have to push the button to get this to fire. It has the spring loaded 510 installed for now but I'll be taking it apart to see if I can get better performance.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Does anyone have any ideas on making it fire more consistently? I really have to push the button to get this to fire. It has the spring loaded 510 installed for now but I'll be taking it apart to see if I can get better performance.

I don't have experience with that mod, but I do have squonkers that are hard to fire (Wotofo Rams, mostly). I turn them around the other way, with the button closer to my thumb, and I use the side of the joint of my thumb to actually press the button. I also use my thumb to press the squonk bottle with those boxes, too. Maybe that would be eaiser for you, if you just turn the mod around?

VU Sponsors