Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Eternally late to the party

Ordered a limelight freehand

Wish I had thought to request rosewood or something, but just walnut in natural wax finish

Walnut feels great, but doesn't visually pop

Reminds me of the time boss told me I could go pick out furniture for my office. I got a big walnut desk and credenza.

When the furniture was delivered, it took about six guys from the warehouse to manhandle that desk into my office. It was heavy as lead. The looks they gave me, man, if looks could kill I'd have been a goner.

Walnut is beautiful. It's strength and substance. Doesn't need to pop.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
haven't heard from them yet

fb group says they just had a baby, so i am just kicking back patiently

i did email monday asking if they hadn't started it, could it be change to ironwood burl in natural wax finish

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep - I still have a Protank "new in box" lol.
And some of the most fantastic (pricey) carto-tanks ever made! :D:D

What I meant about the mainstream tipping point holds true whether vaping stick with the size or not. Even if ALL box mod vapers wanted 20700's, I don't think that's enough for battery companies to keep making them. If a new battery type becomes standard for battery paks in laptops and power tools and such, then that will be what we have available. That, and 18650's...for a good while.

Note: Surprisingly, though the Gigafactory is cranking out Panasonic 2170's, Elon Musk has said that they will not be used in the model S and X. So those convenient volume discount 18650 packs (5,376 cells or 7,104 cells) will remain available, lol.
my laptop is much thinner than 18mm

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i haven't

i just looked them up

dunno how i feel about 3d prints. I've only had peko and gdna in printed mods
I'm partial to the Avalanche V1 but have owned both versions. Great mech squonks and super easy to maintain. I only have one squonk mod left in my rotation and it's an Avalanche.

They are also priced fairly and readily available.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I had to come to grips with the fact that I have about 100 mods and at least that many atomizers, probably 20 of which I still haven't even tried yet. :)

Wanting to retire 10 years early did it for me - had to settle for 50 some odd squonkers and maybe 30 nonsquonk mods, almost all quality mechanicals

Atties, no idea, but close to 200 and mostly high quality authentic

Before the deeming regs hammer really came down, to me the weak link was atties. I could make a mod myself fairly easily, an atomizer, not so much

Also before I quit collecting completely, I bought tons and tons of squonk parts, mainly from Moddog and a fair amount from Mod Maker, and tons from the REO closeout, plus several sheets of silver to make contacts, etc

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
7.5 years of vaping for me. I have about a dozen mods, half of which are squonkers. Not into collecting, but more the idea of: I want to make sure they last me til the day I kick the bucket. In those years, only 3 mods bricked. One was a piece of shit from the get-go. One lasted me 3 years, and another, still half-ass works when it wants to.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never been a collector

After almost 9 years vaping, I have 2 mods. The rest have been sold or given away
Nuthin wrong with being a collector or wanting all the newest stuff. People are different.

For me personally it just lost it's point. I have good and some great gear enough to last me 10 lifetimes :D

There's still some trinkets here and there that catch my attention though. :cool:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stopped counting somewhere around 80 mods. No clue how many now. Atys 250 ish or so.
Obviously attys make more difference than mods. Let's face it. At bottom, a mod delivers wattage to a resistance circuit. There ARE differences in the way and accuracy with which that's done, and they matter, but they don't have the same level of profound impact on the character of the vape that different attys do.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Obviously attys make more difference than mods. Let's face it. At bottom, a mod delivers wattage to a resistance circuit. There ARE differences in the way and accuracy with which that's done, and they matter, but they don't have the same level of profound impact on the character of the vape that different attys do.
If you are implying that two of the exact same mods, with the same atty and build, but in different color ways vape exactly the same, I'm gonna have to strongly disagree 😉 :tantrum:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are implying that two of the exact same mods, with the same atty and build, but in different color ways vape exactly the same, I'm gonna have to strongly disagree 😉 :tantrum:
Let's try this way :D

Take a Goon built to .13 and put it on a quality tube with a good battery and that 100-110 watt vape will be inexplicably different than if you put it on a dual 18650 regulated mod at the same wattage. This has been discussed for years. Can't put your finger on it, but there;s something different about those mechs. :)

However, if you put a Profile on each with a big meaty single coil it will vape completely different than the Goon.

A mod can't impact the vape as much as the atty. That's what I mean. If I'm making any sense :D

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let's try this way :D

Take a Goon built to .13 and put it on a quality tube with a good battery and that 100-110 watt vape will be inexplicably different than if you put it on a dual 18650 regulated mod at the same wattage. This has been discussed for years. Can't put your finger on it, but there;s something different about those mechs. :)

However, if you put a Profile on each with a big meaty single coil it will vape completely different than the Goon.

A mod can't impact the vape as much as the atty. That's what I mean. If I'm making any sense :D
Of course. I got ya the first time, and agree. I just needed to justify to myself a wee bit 🤣🤣

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If it wasn't for the deeming regs, I might still be vaping the same mods I had when I first joined VU 6 years ago as I dislike clutter and having things that I don't use

I also like quality and use the "buy it once" philosophy as much as possible - like, I have great shoes that are well over 10 years old

Deffo wouldn't have gone overboard with multiples on the same atties, totally not me

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Were your Stumpy RDAs manufactured for squonking? Or did you have to make them "squonkable" yourself?
they are modified

the ones that i did myself were clones. Which i have since replaced with 2nd hand authentics, which the original owners modified or paid someone like catfish atty mods to modify

i'm just so used to them. Any rda change is like trying to change tobacco brands after years of the same

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wanting to retire 10 years early did it for me - had to settle for 50 some odd squonkers and maybe 30 nonsquonk mods, almost all quality mechanicals

Atties, no idea, but close to 200 and mostly high quality authentic

Before the deeming regs hammer really came down, to me the weak link was atties. I could make a mod myself fairly easily, an atomizer, not so much

Also before I quit collecting completely, I bought tons and tons of squonk parts, mainly from Moddog and a fair amount from Mod Maker, and tons from the REO closeout, plus several sheets of silver to make contacts, etc
A perfectly practical and sensible approach. Seriously.

VU Sponsors