Become a Patron!

SUBTANK WARS

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I thought Nickel was for Joules mode only....isn't 75w meant for power mode?

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk
The sig us their own board design brother. It does 75 watts in tc or power. I'm a big fan of this mod

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apparently my Asolo can do up to 200 watts in TC mode (being of somewhat sound mind, I haven't tried it lol). I have it between 450-500 and between 45-50 watts depending on juice. The dual Ni 200 coils heat up before 2 seconds, I can watch the wattage drop like a rock as soon as it reaches temperature. I can't imagine vaping at 200 watts :eek:.
It has a real time resistance and wattage read out.

Edit. IIRC The Sig 150 TC can fire up to 100 watts/joules (I forgot what they call it) in TC using either Ni200 or Ti1

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here is my input for whats its worth.
The SS coils (esp) the .25 is absolutely the best coil I have vaped including Kantal, Ni200 or Ti. The flavor from these is unmatched and if anyone were to vape on it they would be hard pressed to disagree even slightly. If you like a cooler vape, then the .5 is your coil.
I am a TC junkie and had to try the Ni200 coils in the Crown. I have one in mine now and it has seen almost 200 ml of high custard juice. Looking down the center of the dual coil hole, this this is junked up as hell BUT the flavor or vapor has not diminished even slightly. I am on a mission to see how long I can vape this at 50 watts, 520 degrees before it starts to loose flavor. I do like the Ni200 coils but the SS is still better for flavor and clouds. Now since I am a TC guy I was sure I needed TC to make me happy.... Not the case with this tank. I am very happy using this in power mode with the SS coils. That might be because of the dual coils, these need some power to get them going and I doubt I would hit the TC limit on these unless it was set down in the low 400F range. I like my vapes around 500 so for me there is not much difference at all. Once SS TC comes out and is proven, I will certainly try it but I am in no hurry. Also with the ever growing popularity of the Crown, I am sure its only a matter of time before Uwell comes out with some Ti coils. I have tried Ti in the RBA and it is very flavorful but again, my impression is the SS is better. Also, I find with my RBA's (Crown, VCT, Billows) I do have to rewick and burn off the junk about every day - day 1/2 so thats a real PITA for me. I love the stock coils for the ease of keeping on the go. Also with the long life of these, you dont have to worry about carrying around extra coils in case the one you have just quits like most other coils do. I have had mine for a few weeks and have yet to have a coil foul, burn out or just be spent. I have tried them all (.5, .25 Ni200) they have all seen some serious ml of juice and they all still work great. I did have 2 bum Ni200 coils to start with but that has seemed to correct itself on my third. Other than those two bum coils I have not had a single problem with it. The RBA can be a bit finicky with filling but again, I like the stock coils for their flavor and long life anyway. The only reason I can see using the RBA section would be if I ever did run out of coils or wanted to try several different juices and didnt want to put all the variations through my coil. Speaking of that, I did have my Ni200 coil in it and due to some of my own stupidity I ran out of VG. While waiting for more to arrive, I resorted to using all the juices I had in cabinets. Within one week, that one coil saw my normal junky custard juice, a heavy strawberry cream, a very peanuty PB vape, some Dr Pepper juice, Yeti Nuclear Nut Butter, a fruit loops cereal vape and now I have my heavy Cantaloupe Game over custard in the same coil. Through all those flavors, each one was very apparent, never muted, and now my ADV vape tastes like it does in a new coil. So thats my thoughts, all I have to do now is wait on the additional Crowns I have ordered so I can keep several in rotation at all times.
If you are a crown owner, then I am sure you are a crown lover, if not then your are missing the boat on a great vaping experience all around
Peace out brothers and sisters...
So... Pretty much. My whole point of vaping was cost and my hate for smoking. Was doing Vuse for like 6 months. Making the switch, it was just for the nic. Did the eGo, nano, mini... I don't care about clouds or how much juice I can burn through. I just want the nic.

But like every noob, wasted money and here I am with a crown and D2. You never would have convinced me I would be here. But I am.

Bottom line is, the vape quality is so damn good, I don't care how much juice I'm going through. I love it. Not going to cut back. Not going to power down. Can't get enough.

So let me ask you... I wanted TC because burnt hits. But the Crown solved that. Such a bummer right now.. We want SS in TC, but just have to wait. I don't want to feel like I wasted money not using TC, but the D2 in power mode is no waste of money. I'm having a hard time justifying nickle even though I bought 2 packs. Is there anything TC is doing for me if burnt hits are a non issue? Carbynols, coil wear, longevity... Anything. Cause damn the SS coils are good at 60w!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So... Pretty much. My whole point of vaping was cost and my hate for smoking. Was doing Vuse for like 6 months. Making the switch, it was just for the nic. Did the eGo, nano, mini... I don't care about clouds or how much juice I can burn through. I just want the nic.

But like every noob, wasted money and here I am with a crown and D2. You never would have convinced me I would be here. But I am.

Bottom line is, the vape quality is so damn good, I don't care how much juice I'm going through. I love it. Not going to cut back. Not going to power down. Can't get enough.

So let me ask you... I wanted TC because burnt hits. But the Crown solved that. Such a bummer right now.. We want SS in TC, but just have to wait. I don't want to feel like I wasted money not using TC, but the D2 in power mode is no waste of money. I'm having a hard time justifying nickle even though I bought 2 packs. Is there anything TC is doing for me if burnt hits are a non issue? Carbynols, coil wear, longevity... Anything. Cause damn the SS coils are good at 60w!

LOL I'm looking at all my TC mods and thinking 'oh...'

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right. At this point I don't get what TC is doing for those with Crowns (or any other tanks that don't get dry hits). I get it for dripping, or even rebuilding but what is TC Going to do for me and my crown? I already dial in the vape i want by setting my watts, and don't have to worry about dry hits as i do not experience them anymore.

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright! I become a tank user in less than 24 hours! My Crown tank will be here tomorrow. Do you guys have any tidbits for me? Do I need to prime her up? It will be both my first go with a tank, and my first go with TC, both in general and on my IPV 3 Li.

Can't wait to use a tank... Got bunches of 70/30 VG/PG juices that will be perfect for this guy, if only it would have been here today! :)

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely prime your coil and start out low until you get past cotton taste. Then enjoy, cause that is the exact setup I am using. It's a beast.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

TC in essence, is supposed to let you dial in an optimal vape experience. Controls dryhits, optimizes battery life and let's you find your "sweet spot" for flavor. Sometimes, it's a pain in the butt to get it all done.
It seems to me that if I can slap on the crown and expect to consume juice and battery life, and prepare myself for that. I can enjoy a great vape and save a lot of headaches. Just my .02 cents

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well ecig.com has them,for 13 and 17 with coupon code crown
so for 15.08 with 1st class usps shipping i bought a SS model

If i dont like it Im sure one of you will give me $10 plus shipping for it lol

they have the SS coils listed at $749 and the nickel at 640 for the 4 packs but all are out of stock except the 1.2 ohm. I do not see the rba deck on that site either

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well ecig.com has them,for 13 and 17 with coupon code crown
so for 15.08 with 1st class usps shipping i bought a SS model

If i dont like it Im sure one of you will give me $10 plus shipping for it lol

they have the SS coils listed at $749 and the nickel at 640 for the 4 packs but all are out of stock except the 1.2 ohm. I do not see the rba deck on that site either
I ordered the 1.2s. Usps says they're due Saturday. If there even half as good as the .5s or .25s ill be ecstatic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
np
i almost missed it myself. it was a Joe deal, and while his deals seem amazing, its often the fine print that stops me form ordering, like ships from china by a relay swim team or its some place that has been reported multiple times by multiple members to have bad customer service, slow shipping etc etc.

Ive almost given up on Joe posting a deal I would buy. But have heard good things about ecig.com, knew they were in TX so I figured wth. its $15 it snot gonna kill me, and hank will buy it off me if i hate it

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
np
i almost missed it myself. it was a Joe deal, and while his deals seem amazing, its often the fine print that stops me form ordering, like ships from china by a relay swim team or its some place that has been reported multiple times by multiple members to have bad customer service, slow shipping etc etc.

Ive almost given up on Joe posting a deal I would buy. But have heard good things about ecig.com, knew they were in TX so I figured wth. its $15 it snot gonna kill me, and hank will buy it off me if i hate it
Me or VD lol sure

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Read the statement from the owner of Ecig. Willing to lose a million dollars to get customers. They had the crown at a low price and was bitched at to raise the price. Then he breaks out the coupon codes! They may not carry them after they sell out so enjoy it while it lasts!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you use crown coupon code for coils than they are free and all you pay is shipping. So a pack of 1.2 cost me 2.59. Nice

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you use crown coupon code for coils than they are free and all you pay is shipping. So a pack of 1.2 cost me 2.59. Nice
Lol that's just dirty

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried, but all I'm getting using the code is $10 off ($20 for SS, $22 for Black). I tried ordering both, then tried just black or as. Either way $10 off total (no matter if I order 1 or both). I think you guys broke the site lol. That will teach me not to sleep. Oh well, I sent them a message to see why this is happening.

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just talked to them and they said it was a code that wasn't supposed to be posted. So they decided to leave it a 10 off. Damm, a day late and a dollar short lol

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Ordered mine at 6:30am est. He who hesitates usually has more money! Lol Sorry to hear that but still a good deal. Patience is a virtue but has no business in the Vaping world.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just joined the ranks of the crown owners. I just got the $10 off, but for 22 shipped ain't bad at all. Dang it, I forgot to add the 1.2 coils. Oh well...

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I must have made my order before they fixed it lol still I'd take on with $10 off. It's worth every red cent of that

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I must have made my order before they fixed it lol still I'd take on with $10 off. It's worth every red cent of that

While I'm sure you're right. The fact that I have a TFV4 on the way (full kit including the RBA deck) for basically the same price, I'll wait and see if it satisfies me. The thing is, without the RBA deck, it's a deal killer for me. That's why I haven't ordered one as yet. I wish they just included it. Now I'll be patient and see how it goes. I'm sure I'll end up with one at some point. There is just too much product out there atm. Sooner or later, a deal too good to pass up will pop up again. I am a patient person by nature.

Cheers,
Steve

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Will like the TFV4.RBA is easy to work with. I do have the crown rba but too lazy to build on it yet! Have a black TFV4 on the way along with the black crown and black starre pro. Don't worry, the next big thing will be out soon!

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh, and something I haven't seen mentioned much. Another thing I love about the Crown... The atomizer sits in a well. The base funnels to the atomizer. I can use every bit of capacity. I can run it empty. Down to the last couple drops and it doesn't matter how I'm holding it. That I really like.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Best site for me to get the smok tvf4 or whatever it's spelled anyone?

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Or is the crown better now? I was gonna check out the smok but didn't N

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or is the crown better now? I was gonna check out the smok but didn't N

I don't have the TFV4 - but I have a gazillion other tanks, and the Crown is miles ahead of all of them, even with the regular SS coils. I haven't even bothered. This is the first tank I've ever had that wicks perfectly with no leaking (high VG juice).

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it just me or does anyone else not get the allure of the tvf4?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it just me or does anyone else not get the allure of the tvf4?

It's just you :p. I have one on the way. I ordered it because it comes with A RBA deck included (plus a second one not included), lots of choices in heads, generally gets good reviews, and the price was right. I'm not saying it's better than the Crowd, but there is definitely room in the Vaping world for more than 1 subtank. Different strokes for different folks.

Cheers,
Steve

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's just you :p. I have one on the way. I ordered it because it comes with A RBA deck included (plus a second one not included), lots of choices in heads, generally gets good reviews, and the price was right. I'm not saying it's better than the Crowd, but there is definitely room in the Vaping world for more than 1 subtank. Different strokes for different folks.

Cheers,
Steve
That flip top just scares the shit out of me for some reason lol

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see the allure, but it was the price of coils and prone to leaks {o ring issue) that made me go with crown instead

Sent from my shoe phone using Tapa Toe Pro

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That flip top just scares the shit out of me for some reason lol

I hear you on that. I read that on the first batch that it sometime flips open unexpectedly (assuming that's why they include the vape bands). I also heard that's not the case anymore. I guess I'll find out when mine comes. Either way for $22.99 shipped for the whole kit, it's not a huge risk. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a Crown too. I missed out on the great deal last week. I'm patient.

Cheers,
Steve

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the tfv4 allure is simple. IT IS MORE VERSATILE.

so you want to chuck clouds and vape at 100w plus
they hav ethe triple quad and sextuple coils

you want to vape at 20-60 w they have the single and dual coils

you want temp control they have 3 different coils for that with a SS one coming soon

you want to build your own coils
it has a single and a dual rba deck

No other tank on the market meets all those needs.

Plus we all change form time to time.

one week we feel like chucking clouds
one week we want to build one week we want to use tc

TFV4 lets you do whatever you want basically

you vape... your significant other is now interested in it. you can get them the exact same tank as you...put them on a single or dual coil pre made coil to start them
and then as they get more experienced and want to try the cloud chucking or tc or whatever, they dont need a whole new tank for that.

my main concerns over this tank which has stopped me from buying one yet is

the only review of the NI coils i have seen are not that great
and
cost plus availability of the coils state side

but I snagge dthe deal for a crown on ecig last week
so when that gets here i at least can experience what everyone is talking about

VU Sponsors