Become a Patron!

SUBTANK WARS

Podunk Steam

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is it just me or does anyone else not get the allure of the tvf4?
Nope, not just you. The top fill method looks like a half witted effort at planned obsolescence, the coil heads look like a fifth graders rending of his eventual hot rod, the vast difference in applicable power to the coils really makes for confusion and than to top it off the positive connection to the mod has an extra connection point that really isn't needed and could cause fluctuations in resistance that temperature regulating devices don't deal with so well.

This would be my personal opinion which I have all right to, your mileage may vary.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope, not just you. The top fill method looks like a half witted effort at planned obsolescence, the coil heads look like a fifth graders rending of his eventual hot rod, the vast difference in applicable power to the coils really makes for confusion and than to top it off the positive connection to the mod has an extra connection point that really isn't needed and could cause fluctuations in resistance that temperature regulating devices don't deal with so well.

This would be my personal opinion which I have all right to, your mileage may vary.
Thankfully I didn't dig that far into it, but I appreciate your investigative prowess. Also admiring your work in your thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh yeah, got them 1.2ohm coils for the crown. Just put one in. So far so good. Right now @ 29watts. Flavor is pretty damn good. Happy camper

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
I hear you on that. I read that on the first batch that it sometime flips open unexpectedly (assuming that's why they include the vape bands). I also heard that's not the case anymore. I guess I'll find out when mine comes. Either way for $22.99 shipped for the whole kit, it's not a huge risk. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a Crown too. I missed out on the great deal last week. I'm patient.

Cheers,
Steve
You will love it but be prepared to go through some juice. As for the top fill I just use the vape band that comes with it to make sure it doesn't open accidentally. Also will drain your batteries quick. I know you will enjoy it!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the tfv4 allure is simple. IT IS MORE VERSATILE.

so you want to chuck clouds and vape at 100w plus
they hav ethe triple quad and sextuple coils

you want to vape at 20-60 w they have the single and dual coils

you want temp control they have 3 different coils for that with a SS one coming soon

you want to build your own coils
it has a single and a dual rba deck

No other tank on the market meets all those needs.

Plus we all change form time to time.

one week we feel like chucking clouds
one week we want to build one week we want to use tc

TFV4 lets you do whatever you want basically

you vape... your significant other is now interested in it. you can get them the exact same tank as you...put them on a single or dual coil pre made coil to start them
and then as they get more experienced and want to try the cloud chucking or tc or whatever, they dont need a whole new tank for that.

my main concerns over this tank which has stopped me from buying one yet is

the only review of the NI coils i have seen are not that great
and
cost plus availability of the coils state side

but I snagge dthe deal for a crown on ecig last week
so when that gets here i at least can experience what everyone is talking about

Love the look and versatility of the TFV4. That being said, versatility will always take a back seat to flavor.
Oh yeah, got them 1.2ohm coils for the crown. Just put one in. So far so good. Right now @ 29watts. Flavor is pretty damn good. Happy camper

Glad to hear that. I was hoping since they were SS, they would still have the flavor going for them.

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Best coils for the TFV4 IMO is the quad coil and they are usually the cheapest ones. I love using TC coils but sometimes non TC is best. Can always use the Asolo and pretend it's TC. LOL

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I just picked up a TFV4 and am pretty blown away by the performance with the tri-coil. Clouds for days and very nice flavor. Airflow is on par with my Zephyrus which I believe is very good. It's huge, that's obvious, but it delivers exactly what it promises, high volume vapor at high wattage. I grabbed it from my nearest B&M for 40$ for the full kit including RBA and am not disappointed. I will be building on it soon and the deck looks very easy to work with and capable of low ohm builds.

relatively new to vaping, but thought I'd share a few observations from my newly acquired TFV4. I agree with all the positive cloud and flavor experience shared by other users, but the tank itself get's dang hot!:mad: like uncomfortable, cannot hold the tank in my hand for 5 seconds kind of hot. I dunno, could be me... It's just that I also have a zephyrus .3ohm dual build on the buildable deck...when I chaine vape on the Zephy @ 40 watts on my xcube2, the tank gets warm but never hot. I don't crank the watt higher, unless I want to inhale molten magma. Also dissipates the heat quite fast.
On the TFV4, I can't really vape it at the same 40 watts, so I've tried her at 60watts at least, going up...sweet spot for me is at 90watts in the triple coil...so she gets warm, then hot...and stays hot for a longer time compared to my Zephy:confused: maybe I just need to get used to it.
The bigger overall dimension and thicker materials probably contribute to the reduced heat dissipation.
Just worried that the high temp gets transferred to the mod. My Zephy is still my daily driver :cool:

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have the Starre FreeMax and it chucks but the store bought .25 DBVC sucks, so i just rebuild them myself. getting a TFV4 next week

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well crap! This morning I decided to try the Crown RBA that I've been sitting on for a couple of weeks - and it won't make a connection. The stock coil didn't work, and I tried two more coils in two different crown bases. I can't return it, because I bought it with the tank from Ebay, and it already took a month to arrive thanks to USPS. Any thoughts? My SX Mini M class died this morning as well, so I think I should just go back to bed LOL

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well crap! This morning I decided to try the Crown RBA that I've been sitting on for a couple of weeks - and it won't make a connection. The stock coil didn't work, and I tried two more coils in two different crown bases. I can't return it, because I bought it with the tank from Ebay, and it already took a month to arrive thanks to USPS. Any thoughts? My SX Mini M class died this morning as well, so I think I should just go back to bed LOL
What does it say on an ohm reader? just open circuit? or a short?

does it have an adjustable + pin? i have an RTA that does and EVERY time i switch mods i have to back the pin back out to make a connection.

also some coils especially RBAs are known to push the pin out.

ive also seen weird things happen regarding a loose pin but it almost always causes resistance flux rather than an open circuit.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What does it say on an ohm reader? just open circuit? or a short?

does it have an adjustable + pin? i have an RTA that does and EVERY time i switch mods i have to back the pin back out to make a connection.

also some coils especially RBAs are known to push the pin out.

ive also seen weird things happen regarding a loose pin but it almost always causes resistance flux rather than an open circuit.

It's a USA Ohm Reader and it doesn't even blink when I put in a new coil - it just stays on the dashes you get when you turn it on. Totally weird...

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
oh yeah, when in doubt take it apart...i mean every screw, pin, insulator, o ring, EVERYTHING

dont ask why, but from years of being a diesel/auto/marine tech has taught me something, just a good tear down and cleaning (even with new products/parts) will fix weird problems 50-75% of the time.

also most of these "factories" aka chinese sweat shops (i am NOT claiming Uwell or any other specific company uses sweat shops!!!!) make many different models and products so its possible you got one with the wrong positive pin, i.e a shorter one for a different product.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh yeah, when in doubt take it apart...i mean every screw, pin, insulator, o ring, EVERYTHING

dont ask why, but from years of being a diesel/auto/marine tech has taught me something just a good tear down and cleaning (even with new products/parts) will fix weird problem 50-75% of the time.

also most of these "factories" aka chinese sweat shops (i am NOT claiming crown or any other specific company uses sweat shops!!!!) make many different models and products so its possible you got one with the wrong positive pin, i.e a shorter one for a different product.
Thanks - I'll give that a go!

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a USA Ohm Reader and it doesn't even blink when I put in a new coil - it just stays on the dashes you get when you turn it on. Totally weird...[/QUOTE
Thanks - I'll give that a go!
like i said my kaiser has a wonky pin that always gives me troubles.. they also make the fogger and many other attys that ive had similar manufacturing defects with.

actually had an RTA weld the barrel to the positive post due to a factory defect (fogger 5.0) so even if the crown suddenly starts working id advise doing a good tear down.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Oh noooooooo not the SX M.... such a great mod to die :(
Sorry to hear about the Crown RBA but I am sure you will get it sorted out. Mine has been rock steady since I day one. If you cant get your going, let me know cause I can send you mine as I dont really use it much and I know you will put it to good use but I am keeping that cool white screwdriver lolol

TRAPstar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@roadshaker should know a thing or two about defects and weird problems judging by his name and avatar, lol. I was a diesel tech at circle c travel plaza in walterboro, south carolina for a while and did previous work on rigs in my past and they are some strange and unpredictable beasts to operate and maintain lol.

if you have ever visited circle c (if you are a USA OTR driver, too lazy to stalk your profile lol) you have probably met me, i have met many vaping drivers there!

sorry, didnt mean to derail thread lol.

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
@roadshaker should know a thing or two about defects and weird problems judging by his name and avatar, lol. I was a diesel tech at circle c travel plaza in walterboro, south carolina for a while and did previous work on rigs in my past and they are some strange and unpredictable beasts to operate and maintain lol.

if you have ever visited circle c (if you are a USA OTR driver, too lazy to stalk your profile lol) you have probably met me, i have met many vaping drivers there!

sorry, didnt mean to derail thread lol.
I do know that place but has been years since I was there. Was a 2-3 pack a day user then. Oh well! Been running dedicated TN-NC the past 4 years and been able to go home every other night. Triple bypass and new heart valve brought me to Vaping and I love it! As to tank troubleshooting, agree with teardown, cleaning, and little bit of luck. I keep backups for my backups and worry about it later. Good luck on troubleshooting!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SX Mini quit? I'm really sorry to hear that Amanda..but I'm glad I didn't get one, at $200 I would have been really pissed if it quit all of a sudden...
Might check if the pin in the Crown base is pushed in enough to contact the bottom of the coil.. Sometimes they get stuck...Just a thought!

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@AmandaD

try taking just the rba deckw ith no base and pushing it into the own reader and see if you can get a reading. Or use a mod.

I do this sometimes with my ni200 coils to get the reading right because the damn subtank base just fucks up the readings for no reason.

if you can get a reading form just the base, then you know the problem is with the connection between rba and base. if you cant then its something with the deck itself.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@AmandaD

try taking just the rba deckw ith no base and pushing it into the own reader and see if you can get a reading. Or use a mod.

I do this sometimes with my ni200 coils to get the reading right because the damn subtank base just fucks up the readings for no reason.

if you can get a reading form just the base, then you know the problem is with the connection between rba and base. if you cant then its something with the deck itself.
It's definitely an issue with the RBA itself. I have two bases that work absolutely fine with any stock coil I throw at them!

Yes, I tried fiddling with the pin - no luck.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My crown did not show up today like it was suppose to. :(

FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Yea might be wrong but I'm loving it lolol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Oh yea you got those 1.2s going that get great battery life

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Me too! Can't believe the flavor and clouds I'm blowin with the Crown SuperTank!! Lol

Absolutely the best vape all around and the quality is top notch

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Tomorrow will be day three on this pair, I think

Mine should be here Friday. Wonder if I can make it through the weekend with one set lolol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolutely the best vape all around and the quality is top notch

Agreed 100%. Threw the Starre, Arctic an Herkakes in the garbage..I've got two Crown's and might get one more..they drink the juice but coils are lasting just fine...no need to buy coils for those other tanks anymore... Its great!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Agreed 100%. Threw the Starre, Arctic an Herkakes in the garbage..I've got two Crown's and might get one more..they drink the juice but coils are lasting just fine...no need to buy coils for those other tanks anymore... Its great!

Yup. ALL I Use Are MY Two Crowns. Everything else has been packed away. For once totally satisfied

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Well, if you don't need/want those other tanks any more, PIF them, don't throw them away!:)
Def not throwing them out. I usually loan them to friends who are starting out vaping so they can try before they invest in all sorts of gear. It helps them with the initial start up costs,and they usually find their preferred setup and stick with it. Them they buy their own and return mine. Kinda way to help new vapers get going

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So how much better is the flavor with the crown vs the Triton?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After being disappointed with the TFV4 with the single RBA base, and everyone raving about the crown in here, decided to jump on the train, actually getting it from ebay, as the tank and RBA head as a package was $40 shipped, know I could of got the tank from ecig for $22, but then would of have to order somewhere else for the RBA, and that would of been at least $15, so decided to go with the ebay route this time :)

VU Sponsors