Become a Patron!

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hope this goes here. Has everyone had heat problems with Temp control mods? Mine works, but my tank gets so hot!! I have tried many mods and tanks all do the same. Just curious.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I run TC exclusively on my IPV3Li, normally around 30-40 Joules, at 420-480 F. My tanks get kinda warm, but never too hot to touch. I run a OBS T-VCT, and a Kanger SubTank on mine. What mod and tank(s) are you using?

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm running kanger subtank plus on a eVic vt. New kanger vertical tc coils.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm running kanger subtank plus on a eVic vt. New kanger vertical tc coils.
How many Joules or Watts are you running, and at what temp? Did you lock in the resistance with the tank at room temp before juicing, and vaping it?

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It depends on the tank and your preferred vape style and settings. If you like a warm vape the tank will generally have to get hot to deliver the warmth. Some tanks are more prone to heat than others though. My Subtank and Starre tanks get a little hot even with a fairly cool vape. My Crown stays a little cooler. My eGo One Mega tanks seem to stay much cooler than any other tanks I have, but they need a lot less power to deliver nice flavor and vapor. That said, if you like a warm vape every tank will get hot. A 500° coil is 500°.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I vape at 30W, and around 450° my resistance doesn't read right. If it is a 0.15 coil it reads it at 0.27 and it doesn't change. The eVic also reads my regular coils higher. 1.2 ohm it reads at 1.39.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds like a faulty mod. I recommend returning it if possible. Some evics (any mod really) can have bad 510 connections or poor solder joints.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't return neither of them, and my eleaf 60W isn't reading coils at all. I am having shitty luck, lol!!

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. As long as you can adjust your watts and temp settings to give you a vape you enjoy, even an off reading mod can work ok. There's nothing wrong with using lower watt and temp settings if your tank is getting too hot, especially considering the ohm variance. Your actual coil temperature may be much hotter than your setting. Does lowering the watts and temp help keep your Subtank cooler while still giving a nice vape?

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not sure. I going to try that though.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I vape at 30W, and around 450° my resistance doesn't read right. If it is a 0.15 coil it reads it at 0.27 and it doesn't change. The eVic also reads my regular coils higher. 1.2 ohm it reads at 1.39.
0.2 ohm difference with ni200 doesn't mean anything. It could go up 2 ohms in normal ranges. 0.2 difference with SS is like the entire range. But for me, if it read high like that, it would never get there and limit. Except if baseline was correct. Accuracy of what it is doesn't really matter. It's looking at the rise. But for you, it doesn't amount to much.

Matty102

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm going to stick to my regular coils. 1.2 and 1.5. They just seem to work better for me. I'm a mouth to lung vaper anyway.

VU Sponsors