The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I didn't know about the breasts either, but that makes sense for us as straight chicks :D

Maybe I didn't know because I'm a middle-age woman who was never well endowed to begin with, lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Urban dictionary is full of random made up terms that end up just being an inside joke among friends that they decided to upload...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just thought some of the boobs that post about the Boreas might enjoy a little humor

mnk231

Member For 4 Years
I just placed an order for 2 SS and 1 Black from Eciggity. They dropped their price to $24.99. Also used "10percentoff" and the price came close to the order that I had cancelled from FT. I guess I really need to get more coils from Raymo now.:D

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm kind of enjoying the whole 'I've bought so much shit I can just sit here and not worry' status I've achieved, but it did cost a ton.

I think it's possible even if the FDA doomsday hits full force, for innovation to continue. You cannot stop China, and China is making most of our shit. Doesn't matter who designed it, if the production and sale happens in China, innovation cannot stop. Then, on top of that, it's going to be difficult for customs to seize shit as long as it's not juice or battery related.

So, I don't think mods or RDA's/RTA's/etc. will go anywhere, and to anyone who doesn't know, Russia has a pretty big market you can import juice from that's specifically packaged to look like US Customs approved shit when it comes to vaping. Like, plain brown box, packaged to throw off scans, etc. I know that's illegal but fuck it, this is vaping UNDERGROUND and vaping is being faced with the threat of being forced underground.

Of course unlike Chinese websites, the websites are in Russian. I have the benefit of speaking it, but, as useless as it is, Google Translate could translate it well enough for you to understand A. What you're buying and B. It's cost and C. How to get your shipping filled out. So, for juice, Russia or non-EU countries. For everything else, China and local modders.

We will survive. Innovation will survive, you cannot stop a community this large, you cannot slow it down. I'm done keeping my head in doom, I will fight the regulations tooth and nail, but if they come on full force, I won't stop fighting just because we lost the first round.

We have the rest of our lives to fight this, so let's fight it. But it's probably a good idea to buy up all the Boreas's you could ever need right now when it's still easy. Because the one thing that will change is ease of access.. it's sad to think of B&M's closing down, jobs lost, smokers turning their heads because of the difficulty that will surely be caused from regulations. All that shit is a fucking tragedy, but, as long as we exist we can convert those we know. It's our job, it's our legacy.

So go out and buy 10 Boreas tanks, stock up, and continue fighting the regs. Just don't live in fear, I finally got that, because no matter what you can't stop us.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm kind of enjoying the whole 'I've bought so much shit I can just sit here and not worry' status I've achieved, but it did cost a ton.

I think it's possible even if the FDA doomsday hits full force, for innovation to continue. You cannot stop China, and China is making most of our shit. Doesn't matter who designed it, if the production and sale happens in China, innovation cannot stop. Then, on top of that, it's going to be difficult for customs to seize shit as long as it's not juice or battery related.

So, I don't think mods or RDA's/RTA's/etc. will go anywhere, and to anyone who doesn't know, Russia has a pretty big market you can import juice from that's specifically packaged to look like US Customs approved shit when it comes to vaping. Like, plain brown box, packaged to throw off scans, etc. I know that's illegal but fuck it, this is vaping UNDERGROUND and vaping is being faced with the threat of being forced underground.

Of course unlike Chinese websites, the websites are in Russian. I have the benefit of speaking it, but, as useless as it is, Google Translate could translate it well enough for you to understand A. What you're buying and B. It's cost and C. How to get your shipping filled out. So, for juice, Russia or non-EU countries. For everything else, China and local modders.

We will survive. Innovation will survive, you cannot stop a community this large, you cannot slow it down. I'm done keeping my head in doom, I will fight the regulations tooth and nail, but if they come on full force, I won't stop fighting just because we lost the first round.

We have the rest of our lives to fight this, so let's fight it. But it's probably a good idea to buy up all the Boreas's you could ever need right now when it's still easy. Because the one thing that will change is ease of access.. it's sad to think of B&M's closing down, jobs lost, smokers turning their heads because of the difficulty that will surely be caused from regulations. All that shit is a fucking tragedy, but, as long as we exist we can convert those we know. It's our job, it's our legacy.

So go out and buy 10 Boreas tanks, stock up, and continue fighting the regs. Just don't live in fear, I finally got that, because no matter what you can't stop us.

I agree - while I don't have the stash or cash you do I've been stockpiling for a long while now and will continue to do so as long as it's possible.

I believe if I could never buy more gear that is covered under the regs I could vape for another 40 years.

Picked up another Boreas yesterday, which brings my stash up to four, plus the one I use daily.

I've been stockpiling for almost three years - that means a lot of the stuff I have now is woefully outdated.

I see myself modding attys at some point to bring up the standard of outdated stuff I have a lot of.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I don't think it'll just be us using the same shit for years, I think China and countries outside of the US will continue to pass the torch of innovation back and forth and through imports that the market will chug on, not to mention people who can make mods and machine things on local levels. The guy who makes the Kennedy RDA's is a wonderful example of how one guy with machining equipment can make top shelf quality stuff and get it out there.

When you think about it, machining an RDA IF you have the skills and equipment wouldn't be extremely hard. RTA's I could see being more of a challenge for an individual machinist.

You have one or more posts milled into your deck, that's the negative, where the electrons pass through in a loop to complete the circuit, then the positive post. Now you obviously cannot machine an insulator for it, but materials like PEEK aren't exactly hard to obtain, neither are Buna o-rings. Then you just machine a post separate from the deck and RDA, keep contact with the deck from happening with a high heat insulator like PEEK then just connect it to a copper screw that threads up into it, sticks out of the bottom of the 510 threads and contacts the mod 510 pin.

It's not an insanely difficult system, and if you think modders make crazy shit now, wait until you see the shit they'll make when there's nobody else to make it for them and they become the only source.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FT finally shipped out my boreas. Now the waiting game begins. I've heard so much good stuff about it on this forums. Can't wait to get my hands on it!!
Mine are being delivered from FT today. Shocked because I only ordered them on the 18th of this month. Lmao. Can't wait to fire these bad boys up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

56129b2088f6de349bd210f03f7402f4.jpg
9fd5e47ff385bc9c09a272d47f8eba19.jpg
b4a42ff4af06a17b2befb7024d89029d.jpg

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are ejuices starting to come out that use nicotine that is entirely not derived from tobacco. So how the hell is that a tobacco product?!?!?

They want to claim the bottles, batteries, wires, cotton, and no nic juice as tobacco products!

It is fucking retarded.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They want to claim the bottles, batteries, wires, cotton, and no nic juice as tobacco products!

It is fucking retarded.
So is my laptop a tobacco product? It uses 18650 batteries also.

Is my shirt a tobacco product? It's made out of cotton.

Is a necklace a tobacco product? It's made out of stainless steel wire.

Are flavorings in food tobacco products? They're the same used in ejuice..

You can go around all day with that shit, it's completely ridiculous...

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I just got 2 of the 4 Boreas I ordered today. Nice looking tank and the machining is top notch. Tried to wick her and vape. Keep in mind I am totally new to building but man do I suck at this. I couldn't even mount and wick 2 simple notch coils. All I got was dry hits. I know it's me and not the tank. People just make it look so easy on youtube. Lol. Oh well, I'll try again later.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And also, wouldn't that hurt other businesses that never had anything to do with e-cigs, and still don't?
If you're an ice-cream maker, for example, do you now have new hurdles and forms to fill if you're just buying flavoring?...
I would imagine not, I was exaggerating to make a point, but I don't think they're going after the flavoring companies themselves

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I just got 2 of the 4 Boreas I ordered today. Nice looking tank and the machining is top notch. Tried to wick her and vape. Keep in mind I am totally new to building but man do I suck at this. I couldn't even mount and wick 2 simple notch coils. All I got was dry hits. I know it's me and not the tank. People just make it look so easy on youtube. Lol. Oh well, I'll try again later.

Send pics to me and I'll try to help. I'm no expert on the boreas but mine is setup pretty perfectly right now

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Send pics to me and I'll try to help. I'm no expert on the boreas but mine is setup pretty perfectly right now

Thx man next time build I will. I got frustrated and ripped the coils out. Boreas is back in the box but I will try again tomorrow.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thx man next time build I will. I got frustrated and ripped the coils out. Boreas is back in the box but I will try again tomorrow.

IMHO next time start with a simpler build! Maybe just a plain round wire of your choice! @raymo2u or @roxynoodle could help you out alot!

Ogvapez

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Bro get yourself a coil master coil V2 kit it has everything you need. Buy some premade wire SS Clapton from advancedvapesupply and build two 2.5 to 3mm ID 5 wrap each that's will get you going. Also do the Scottish roll when making your wick out of cotton.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bro get yourself a coil master coil V2 kit it has everything you need. Buy some premade wire SS Clapton from advancedvapesupply and build two 2.5 to 3mm ID 5 wrap each that's will get you going. Also do the Scottish roll when making your wick out of cotton.

Already have that kit. Gonna buy some wire after I'm comfortable installing the pre coiled stuff.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you ran the notch coil in SS temp control mode?
Did you go over 35w if in regular power mode?y

My notch coils from FT should be here in a couple days so if you don't have it figured out by then I'll PM a starting setting to you.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you ran the notch coil in SS temp control mode?
Did you go over 35w if in regular power mode?y

My notch coils from FT should be here in a couple days so if you don't have it figured out by then I'll PM a starting setting to you.
I ran it at about 30w in power mode. I'm sure it's all me. I just fucked it up majorly. I just placed an order with Raymo2u. I'm gonna get it figured out. Like anything else in life it's a learning experience. Definitely let me know when you get those notch coils. I would hate for them to go to waste since I have about 50. Lmao.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I ran it at about 30w in power mode. I'm sure it's all me. I just fucked it up majorly. I just placed an order with Raymo2u. I'm gonna get it figured out. Like anything else in life it's a learning experience. Definitely let me know when you get those notch coils. I would hate for them to go to waste since I have about 50. Lmao.

I only had success with them in tc.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just kept getting burnt hits in the Theorem even though I kept lowering the power. I said forget this shit, and ripped it out. Then I had to test it in Merlin and used tc. Much better!
The theorem I am NOT a fan of how it wicks. Or, doesn't wick to be more precise. I've done several builds on it. Great flavor when the wick is saturated, as soon as it has to wick itself it falters and just hovers above a dry hit. Not quite there, but no flavor either

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The theorem I am NOT a fan of how it wicks. Or, doesn't wick to be more precise. I've done several builds on it. Great flavor when the wick is saturated, as soon as it has to wick itself it falters and just hovers above a dry hit. Not quite there, but no flavor either

Well, it hasn't dry hit since I took the Notch coil out, even to empty on the tank, but I've yet to get great performance on the Theorem. I've been surprised about the people posting it is better than Boreas. I would like to see their builds.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, it hasn't dry hit since I took the Notch coil out, even to empty on the tank, but I've yet to get great performance on the Theorem. I've been surprised about the people posting it is better than Boreas. I would like to see their builds.
In no universe would I say that. Better than a kanger, sure...but a boreas.... huh uh

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I dont trust Genny style tanks....There is something called gravity and no matter how hot it gets the heat will not draw enough liquid before the amount of liquid being wicked is gone....it may work if you tilt it every draw but sooner or later you will destroy your wicks!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I think the idea of a Genesis tank works via wicking it as you tilt the tank during a hit. This presents a problem with dual coil builds AND for people who don't tilt their mods when they hit the power button. You can always run the wicks down to the very bottom of the tank and let capillary action wick for you, but this eats up 1.5-2mls of capacity from the volume of cotton alone required to do this.

Like I said, there needs to be a counterweight system in these tanks that has a pressure plate rising as the volume of juice decreases. That way the juice would always be touching the wicks.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Woohoo! Yeah, I just got this bitch up and running. I was so pissed at my first attempt that I put it back in the box. It just wasn't sitting well with me. So, after dinner I decided to give it another shot. Now I'm chucking clouds bro. Lol. I got a dual Notch setup, coming in at .15 and I'm running her at 50w and 500f in tc mode on my G2. Flavor and clouds are real nice. Can't wait to throw a Raymo2u coil in this bad boy.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Woohoo! Yeah, I just got this bitch up and running. I was so pissed at my first attempt that I put it back in the box. It just wasn't sitting well with me. So, after dinner I decided to give it another shot. Now I'm chucking clouds bro. Lol. I got a dual Notch setup, coming in at .15 and I'm running her at 50w and 500f in tc mode on my G2. Flavor and clouds are real nice. Can't wait to throw a Raymo2u coil in this bad boy.

Yay!

:stars::stars2::hearts:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wonder why anyone who would say that would buy a Boreas? I could see someone preferring the smaller single coil thing, but why the hell would you buy a Boreas if that's what you like? Personally I like those Genesis style tanks, I use 2 of them daily and have another few sitting in my drawer. I like the Theorem for "tootlepuffing" (might not be quite that but compared to the Boreas it fits) and the flavor is great, very pure but not a ton of vapor production. Still love my Avocado on the Noisy Cricket, one of the best setups I've had.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I wonder why anyone who would say that would buy a Boreas? I could see someone preferring the smaller single coil thing, but why the hell would you buy a Boreas if that's what you like? Personally I like those Genesis style tanks, I use 2 of them daily and have another few sitting in my drawer. I like the Theorem for "tootlepuffing" (might not be quite that but compared to the Boreas it fits) and the flavor is great, very pure but not a ton of vapor production. Still love my Avocado on the Noisy Cricket, one of the best setups I've had.

I bought a Theorem, lol!

I like a variety of attys :)

So I guess it doesn't seem weird to me :giggle:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There are ejuices starting to come out that use nicotine that is entirely not derived from tobacco. So how the hell is that a tobacco product?!?!?
From what I understand virtually ALL nicotine in e-juices does not come from tobacco. Unless it is some kind of NET juice.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a Theorem, lol!

I like a variety of attys :)

So I guess it doesn't seem weird to me :giggle:
I do too, it just seems weird to me that someone who wants a device capable of what the Boreas is would prefer the more limited Theorem. The flavor on the Theorem is on point for sure, but I just can't help but think that they're doing something wrong with the Boreas or they just don't like that style RTA to begin with.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm really liking this tank but man does it suck juice. Makes my Tfv look like an econo tank. No way I'm running all 4 of these together. If I did I would have to put a weekly V3 order in just to keep up.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's exactly how those guys on youtube make it look easy, because they tried again.

And I see you did, too, so congrats!!
Thx Huck. Yeah I'm kinda an intense individual. When things don't go right sometimes I just have to take a step back clear my head and try again. I'm also a stubborn bastard so I knew sooner or later I would get it down. The funny thing was my 7 year old was watching me and I guess he saw my frustration and said whats the matter dad. I said I don't know. He said don't worry Pop you always find a way. Lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors