Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My worst order was last May, I ordered it 2 days before June and I got the order 2 days after my birthday in September..

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My longest was like 2 months. I think I ordered like 20 drip tips for like $5 so I really didn't give a shit. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
huh, just ran into an annoying issue with one of my Borei. I noticed that my Wrecker G2 was constantly having juice on the bottom of it by the battery vent holes even though there was no juice on the top or dripping out the air holes of my black Boreas I was using. took the batteries out of the G2 and pulled the cover out that covers the electronics inside. there was a BUNCH of juice on top of my battery sled and it was running down between the sled and the board inside and then coming out the vent holes in the base. pulled the tank off and there was a little juice at the 510 connection, but not a lot. pulled the tank apart and the Oring that sits in the base around the 510 was snapped. hence my leak. Guess it was slowly draining into the 510 connector on the G2 and subsequently out the vent holes in the bottom. got everything cleaned up and replaced the Oring. I just thought it was odd. But at least it was easily fixable. I hope. Just refilled the tank and am gonna keep and eye on it tonight and tomorrow.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
huh, just ran into an annoying issue with one of my Borei. I noticed that my Wrecker G2 was constantly having juice on the bottom of it by the battery vent holes even though there was no juice on the top or dripping out the air holes of my black Boreas I was using. took the batteries out of the G2 and pulled the cover out that covers the electronics inside. there was a BUNCH of juice on top of my battery sled and it was running down between the sled and the board inside and then coming out the vent holes in the base. pulled the tank off and there was a little juice at the 510 connection, but not a lot. pulled the tank apart and the Oring that sits in the base around the 510 was snapped. hence my leak. Guess it was slowly draining into the 510 connector on the G2 and subsequently out the vent holes in the bottom. got everything cleaned up and replaced the Oring. I just thought it was odd. But at least it was easily fixable. I hope. Just refilled the tank and am gonna keep and eye on it tonight and tomorrow.

Well, that sucks :(

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

I had the exact same problem on my G2 too. :teehee: Like you said, was a quick fix and something to look out for when you change your batteries.

Mine did not do a total flood like yours. I just kept seeing juice at the very top right under the 510.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Similar thing happened to me. I picked the tank up to see a huge drop off juice dangling off the 510 pin. It was actually leaking from around the pin, that oring that sits there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know a lot of people don't like them and I am really new to this whole RTA thing but I have to say I'm getting a real satisfying vape off this dual Notch coil setup. Running it at 50w and 500f on my G2 in xxx mode and it's a beauty. Between the notch coil and the FSK chip there is literally no ramp up. The vape is just there immediately. Definitely a pleasant suprise.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I know a lot of people don't like them and I am really new to this whole RTA thing but I have to say I'm getting a real satisfying vape off this dual Notch coil setup. Running it at 50w and 500f on my G2 in xxx mode and it's a beauty. Between the notch coil and the FSK chip there is literally no ramp up. The vape is just there immediately. Definitely pleasant suprise.

Instant ramp is the *one* thing I enjoy about the notch coil.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know a lot of people don't like them and I am really new to this whole RTA thing but I have to say I'm getting a real satisfying vape off this dual Notch coil setup. Running it at 50w and 500f on my G2 in xxx mode and it's a beauty. Between the notch coil and the FSK chip there is literally no ramp up. The vape is just there immediately. Definitely a pleasant suprise.

They're far from bad, they just can't match the fancier coils. I put them in the realm of a good single wire coil or Parallels, but with better ramp up and less power requirements, which is very nice. Basically they're a nice step up from most premade coilheads and not much harder to use, so they're pretty awesome for that.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They're far from bad, they just can't match the fancier coils. I put them in the realm of a good single wire coil or Parallels, but with better ramp up and less power requirements, which is very nice. Basically they're a nice step up from most premade coilheads and not much harder to use, so they're pretty awesome for that.
Theyre advertised as having the performance of a clapton. And that's just not true in my experience

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I feel they have the performance of a poorly wrapped 26N80 Micro Coil...I think they would have had better results with a a millimeter more thickness and some texturing all over it (Inside and Outside)....Like Horizontal cuts or a wave design embossed on it.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got notch's in the mail. Didn't even think of it but 0.2 coils end up at 0.1 and actually 0.09 since there is just about zero leg to fit them on the deck.

Running them at the same tcr I use for crown 0.25 coils... 110 @ 65w(maybe 70, undecided) 500°. Regular SS mode worked well but 110 just seems to get it going faster with a thicker warmer vape. YMMV.

I like them better than the SS claptons I ran for a few days, much faster ramp up and same or better vape. Maybe I will try a Gucci coil from raymo some day but I can't compare it to more than a SS clapton... for now.

I would like to see a little narrower and higher resistance notch at FT but these do work well.

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Theyre advertised as having the performance of a clapton. And that's just not true in my experience

Yeah certainly not.

And, maybe I was just lucky, but for me I just filled the Theorem up and fired it up at 50..60..then 75w and I was pretty satisfied on the production side, just no flavor compared to other builds. I read a lot about dry hits and other complaints but I didn't experience those. Of course I've tossed them into the "I'll probably never use these again but holding onto them anyways" pile.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Seen that juice everywhere but never tried it. Cracker jack, right?

Yeah, I bought some on vaycay last Feb and really liked it. Bought some online last month, meh

I went through a real post-smoking-for-decades shakeup early last month and lost my taste for a lot of juices I used to like.

But I did find a use for the dt

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I bought some on vaycay last Feb and really liked it. Bought some online last month, meh

I went through a real post-smoking-for-decades shakeup early last month and lost my taste for a lot of juices I used to like.

But I did find a use for the dt
Some of my absolutely favorite juices when I first started vaping/quitting smoking are basically completely dead to me. Would never buy them again. Everything changes when those taste buds wake back up. I absolutely loved a watermelon strawberry flavor back then, and now it tastes like crayons to me, haha

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im buying a Piglet today :D:D Im pretty excited!
You're going to love it, I really love the performance, design, build quality and looks of it. The price is right also, was going to pick up a backup but ended up getting another authentic Velocity V2 and Modfather backup ,so I have to wait another month. With the coming down upon us I'm getting backups of my favorites.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You're going to love it, I really love the performance, design, build quality and looks of it. The price is right also, was going to pick up a backup but ended up getting another authentic Velocity V2 and Modfather backup ,so I have to wait another month. With the coming down upon us I'm getting backups of my favorites.

Ive wanted one since I saw VaporCarp posted his and now I get to tear it away from him :D Next on the List is the MCM Undeground Mod and then the Anubis! Hopefully SWC doesnt release the FaceOff before then or Ill have to get that first...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive wanted one since I saw VaporCarp posted his and now I get to tear it away from him :D Next on the List is the MCM Undeground Mod and then the Anubis! Hopefully SWC doesnt release the FaceOff before then or Ill have to get that first...
I also have a Tres Equis Clone on the way, didn't have the scratch for the authentic. I'm hoping it's not a piece of shit, I'm not to trusting of Clones.

Hopefully in another month the Anubis is still available, I really am in love with that mod and want a backup

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I also have a Tres Equis Clone on the way, didn't have the scratch for the authentic. I'm hoping it's not a piece of shit, I'm not to trusting of Clones.

Hopefully in another month the Anubis is still available, I really am in love with that mod and want a backup

I was going to get the clone for parts just incase anything happened to mine, many people like JERUS on the forum bought the Tres Equis clone and it seems to have no issues, JERUS said something about a pic that stop things from sitting completely flush but it works fine...cant go wrong for $25!!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was going to get the clone for parts just incase anything happened to mine, many people like JERUS on the forum bought the Tres Equis clone and it seems to have no issues, JERUS said something about a pic that stop things from sitting completely flush but it works fine...cant go wrong for $25!!
I need to get caught up on all these devices you guys are talking about. I follow rtas..

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that is what I paid for mine. Worst case scenario my Nephew has a full machine shop and I could always copy the design in quality materials. Been thinking of working with him to make a Mod like the Piglet and Anubis but for 26650. For myself, not to sell

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I need to get caught up on all these devices you guys are talking about. I follow rtas..

Im a Big Pinnoy Mod fan...Philippine Authentic Boxes and other High End Parallel Mods...
Some of whats pulled out...
20160312_122617.jpg20160317_160229.jpg20160515_155916.jpg
20160310_193237.jpg

Regulated Crap:
20160303_170909.jpg

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Stops some things from sitting completely flush. Like my Boreas seems to sit fine, but my TM² clone and Petri v2 clone have gaps. It's just like a maybe 3/4 of a mm nub below the 510 connection where the authentic has nothing, just a flat surface. One thing that I do wonder, is why they didn't center that whole thing? Why offset it to the side? Would be great with it in the center never having to worry about overhang, but it's not that bad.

Great clone though, all clones take a little tweaking and spit shine before they start doing their job right, but it's not bad. I'm now running 2 of them, an all black + black Boreas, then the other I have one of my Petri clones on right now. Both perform very admirably.

It took a lot less work to get running right than my Lucifer clone, but now that that's working nicely I'm a fan.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My taxes are all set aside for a new computer...editing our videos for youtube is so painfully slow right now...about 2 hours to render a 15min video

I bought a Alienware M14X R2 Extreme for my Temp computer, my son spilled a can of coffee on my home build that I spent my taxes last year on and destroyed it...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Few months back I jumped into the Mech world due to the Government puppets of big tobacco coming after vaping. I've really fallen in love with them. The purity and simplicity of them, not to mention the beauty is what I love. Once you get the right combination of build with the rda or tank it's pure bliss

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Few months back I jumped into the Mech world due to the Government puppets of big tobacco coming after vaping. I've really fallen in love with them. The purity and simplicity of them, not to mention the beauty is what I love. Once you get the right combination of build with the rda or tank it's pure bliss

Mechs can vape so nice. But I typically recommend our customers against them, because the level of knowledge and understanding needed to vape 316L on a mech is typically far above the average customer used to kanthal and we really don't want someone to make themselves a pipe bomb with our wire because they treat it like KA1...

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im a Big Pinnoy Mod fan...Philippine Authentic Boxes and other High End Parallel Mods...
Some of whats pulled out...
View attachment 52304View attachment 52303View attachment 52300
View attachment 52302

Regulated Crap:
View attachment 52301

So I always see you say you build super low on these mechs. So how does the battery amp limits stack in a parallel mod? Like on that Tres Equis? Is it as simple as multipled by 3 or is there more to it? I guess if I could have a triple 18650 mech with a 60 CDR limit I could build low enough to actually make it worth it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mechs can vape so nice. But I typically recommend our customers against them, because the level of knowledge and understanding needed to vape 316L on a mech is typically far above the average customer used to kanthal and we really don't want someone to make themselves a pipe bomb with our wire because they treat it like KA1...

Oh definitely, I made sure I did my homework and then some before jumping in. Sadly this isn't the norm for most of the general Herd. I use mostly 316L and 317L for my builds, Kanthal I use as my practice wire and when I just need a change from time to time.

What is really amazing is the amount of people I see come into my local B&M's to have them build and even wick.............

VU Sponsors