Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh definitely, I made sure I did my homework and then some before jumping in. Sadly this isn't the norm for most of the general Herd. I use mostly 316L and 317L for my builds, Kanthal I use as my practice wire and when I just need a change from time to time.

What is really amazing is the amount of people I see come into my local B&M's to have them build and even wick.............

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The managers at the vape shops here build for customers and it makes me cringe watching them do it. A normal 24g kanthal coil has never looked so ugly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I always see you say you build super low on these mechs. So how does the battery amp limits stack in a parallel mod? Like on that Tres Equis? Is it as simple as multipled by 3 or is there more to it? I guess if I could have a triple 18650 mech with a 60 CDR limit I could build low enough to actually make it worth it.
In theory yes, real world you add around 1/2 of the additional amps. So with a dual parallel 20 amp batteries it would work out to just a bit over 30 amps, maybe 33

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh definitely, I made sure I did my homework and then some before jumping in. Sadly this isn't the norm for most of the general Herd. I use mostly 316L and 317L for my builds, Kanthal I use as my practice wire and when I just need a change from time to time.

What is really amazing is the amount of people I see come into my local B&M's to have them build and even wick.............

Yea it really is a shame more people dont know how to build even simple coils. Theyre more than happy spending $4 a piece on regular claptons when for $4 worth of wire you could make dozens of them and be set for a year. At the very least, regular single strand kanthal coils are stupidly easy to make. Steam engine makes it fool proof.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In theory yes, real world you add around 1/2 of the additional amps. So with a dual parallel 20 amp batteries it would work out to just a bit over 30 amps, maybe 33

Word, so a triple with VTC4s would be max 60? If thats the case I could build as low as 0.07 for 250 watts. Think that should suffice lol

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The managers at the vape shops here build for customers and it makes me cringe watching them do it. A normal 24g kanthal coil has never looked so ugly

Yeah my favorite B&M I hang out they actually do a decent job, I've even helped them out when busy by building. That and I also save the freebie coils I get when I buy gear and give it to them so they don't have to waste time for lazy people. I can see it if you just got your first Rebuildable and you're learning, hell that's what I did. But seriously unless you're racked with arthritis or blind get off your ass ya know

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Clearly your vape budget exceeds mine...lol

Mine too! Right now all I have is a pink SMPL, and I'll be getting an RX 200 as soon as my Boreas and batteries arrive.
28aa55065b65da0e52e46a52ce64e765.jpg

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Few months back I jumped into the Mech world due to the Government puppets of big tobacco coming after vaping. I've really fallen in love with them. The purity and simplicity of them, not to mention the beauty is what I love. Once you get the right combination of build with the rda or tank it's pure bliss

ecce2d31e573ffc59f60137b16401222.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Word, so a triple with VTC4s would be max 60? If thats the case I could build as low as 0.07 for 250 watts. Think that should suffice lol
I build that low on the Tres Equis with 25R's....they dont even get warm...but I wont go lower on a Triple just because Im not as foolish as I used to be...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I always see you say you build super low on these mechs. So how does the battery amp limits stack in a parallel mod? Like on that Tres Equis? Is it as simple as multipled by 3 or is there more to it? I guess if I could have a triple 18650 mech with a 60 CDR limit I could build low enough to actually make it worth it.
I only use 25R's and LG HB6's in all my Gear, mostly use the 25R's due to the experience I have with them and I trust them over every single battery out there.
People say that for every extra battery added you only add half the amount of amps of that battery to the equation...if that were the case my batteries would be really warm or on the verge of venting...but it is a good rule to follow for safety. I have strict limits for myself on mods:
Parallel Box - .08+
Triple Parallel Box - .07+
Quad Parallel Box - .05+

Series box: .25+
Para-Series Box: .1+

If your batteries are getting warm your pushing their limits, build higher and keep a watchful eye and feel out for this and know your setups limits!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only use 25R's and LG HB6's in all my Gear, mostly use the 25R's due to the experience I have with them and I trust them over every single battery out there.
People say that for every extra battery added you only add half the amount of amps of that battery to the equation...if that were the case my batteries would be really warm or on the verge of venting...but it is a good rule to follow for safety. I have strict limits for myself on mods:
Parallel Box - .08+
Triple Parallel Box - .07+
Quad Parallel Box - .05+

Series box: .25+
Para-Series Box: .1+

If your batteries are getting warm your pushing their limits, build higher and keep a watchful eye and feel out for this and know your setups limits!
^^ This.

The reason we can get away with things that sound dumb is because we don't really do all the tests and math correctly. We err on the side of safety by assuming 4.2v, when in reality you're probably going to be down to at least 3.7v. We pulse but still use continuous ratings (for many good reasons). Basically we can get away with being crazy as long as we do it within reason :crazy:.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
^^ This.

The reason we can get away with things that sound dumb is because we don't really do all the tests and math correctly. We err on the side of safety by assuming 4.2v, when in reality you're probably going to be down to at least 3.7v. We pulse but still use continuous ratings (for many good reasons). Basically we can get away with being crazy as long as we do it within reason :crazy:.
Correct, Sag, Voltage drop and more will change for each build and setup!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea it really is a shame more people dont know how to build even simple coils. Theyre more than happy spending $4 a piece on regular claptons when for $4 worth of wire you could make dozens of them and be set for a year. At the very least, regular single strand kanthal coils are stupidly easy to make. Steam engine makes it fool proof.
Hah, what I should do is tell people I charge $20 a build or to teach them is free

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got me a black Boreas in the mail yesterday too, and the gold AFC ring. Classy as fuck, feel like I gotta wear a monocle and top hat just to vape on it. Pinkies out motherfucker
That looks sharp...ready for a night out! Love the dull black. And yes...POMF (pinkies out motherfucker) :shades:

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got me a black Boreas in the mail yesterday too, and the gold AFC ring. Classy as fuck, feel like I gotta wear a monocle and top hat just to vape on it. Pinkies out motherfucker

xgehon.png
I am bouncing up and down because...

037e378293246cf5b4337728f37a83f1.jpg

My black Boreas and gold ring are on the way!!! FINALLY!!! (One item was holding up me order from shipping ~.~)

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am bouncing up and down because...

037e378293246cf5b4337728f37a83f1.jpg

My black Boreas and gold ring are on the way!!! FINALLY!!! (One item was holding up me order from shipping ~.~)

Now you just got another 3 weeks to wait for shipping lolll. I dont fuck with Chinese vendors unless its for uber cheap clones of $100+ items. I got my Boreas and AFC ring from STS and from ordering to getting it was well under a week.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now you just got another 3 weeks to wait for shipping lolll. I dont fuck with Chinese vendors unless its for uber cheap clones of $100+ items. I got my Boreas and AFC ring from STS and from ordering to getting it was well under a week.
I don't have a lot of extra money for #VapocalypsePrep so I got A LOT from FT it would have cost A LOT more if I got everything from domestic vendors.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Screenshot_2016-05-28-11-35-40-1.png

If you can save a few bucks and are not fiending for a new shiny (it happens), it usually does not take very long.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Monday is 20% off at Eciggity for Memorial Day. Could get Boreas for $20 each! Go for it!
Ill be checking that out. Im good on Boreas tanks, but depending on what they got in the way of mods I might drop some money then.

As far as Fasttech goes, I never ordered from them, but I order from 3F a good bit. But always clones, thats the whole purpose of these Chinese vendors imo. I guess you could get $5 or so off regular name brand stuff, but for me Id rather just pay a little extra to get good customer service and fast shipping, but when I want an RDA or a Mech that costs $100-$150-$200 and I can get it for $10-$20 through them, thats where I go.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I got in on their 30% off a month or so ago and got a few things I wouldn't normally have gambled on getting, but it was very cheap. Less than FT on a few things.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My damn x200 punked out...just keeps saying "Atomizer Low" no matter what I put on it. I know they are not "low" and they work on every other mod I have. The 510 still moves. Crap. My Boreas fit so good on there!

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, Roxy, I looked at a thread that showed how to do it...looks beyond my capabilities. Going to try and find someone who can do it for me, but as cheap as they are now ($41.71) with free shipping...not sure if it is worth it. Problem is I don't want to just have to buy a new one every 2 months. So, I will look around for an alternative.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, Roxy, I looked at a thread that showed how to do it...looks beyond my capabilities. Going to try and find someone who can do it for me, but as cheap as they are now ($41.71) with free shipping...not sure if it is worth it. Problem is I don't want to just have to buy a new one every 2 months. So, I will look around for an alternative.
What do you need help with with it? Sometimes the diagrams are just messy and make it seem harder then it really is to assemble the box's

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I know Raymo, but I don't even own a soldering iron!!! I'm a klutz with wires...except coils...well, not coils like you do, but simple coils. :D

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Raymo, did you decide not to get the eleaf 200w?

Sorry off-topic.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, thanks Dueces, I just can't imagine sending a $45 mod off to get $60 of repairs/parts/time done to it.
I know it sounds silly but he does a ton of them. I see it on FB. So many people put a fat daddy in their RX and love it but I totally agree with you.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors