Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which wrenches from amazon would you recommend?
WTF? I had the link posted to Amazon to the Wiha wrench's and the link has been removed????
Is VU starting to become a ECF?

Anyway I got the Wiha Hex "screwdriver" style wrench's off Amazon, very good quality (German) and easy to use.

They're
Wiha 26390 Screwdriver Set, Hex Metric With Precision Handle, .7 - 3.0mm, 7 Piece

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Back to the Boreas. 7 wrap 26/32 Fused Clapton wicked with Rayon. This tank is incredible. Cannot say enough about the flavor and clouds it produces. I'm very happy I found out about it. I have a SS one in storage and may pick up a couple more. This and the Merlin are all I vape on now. Great job, Roxy!!!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the Boreas is a keeper..... I just bought a Stainless Steel silver already having (2) black Boreas ...... I also picked up a steam crave aromamizer supreme in stainless..... It's a 7ml and I couldn't pass is it for $25.00

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MTM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It would be nice if while Im turning the top cap counterclockwise to open and refill that the chimney section didnt also start to unscrew from the base. just annoying.
Ever heard of reverse threading? that could have been a great thing on this.

Ive only had the boreas for a short while and only rewicked it like 3 or 4 times but I get leakage out the holes almost everytime that I refill it. opening the afc a half moon does not seem to help. I even tried the old kayfun style hold it upside down and pray for the right air bubbles

Last edited:

MTM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is the top cap really tight on all of the units or just mine?

Last edited:

MTM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
this zebra stripe gum that I got on sale from Mt.Baker does taste damn tasty in it tho

MTM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok Im gonna go watch Ray Donovan now, you guys can continue on about hex wrenches in this boreas thread

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be nice if while Im turning the top cap counterclockwise to open and refill that the chimney section didnt also start to unscrew from the base. just annoying.
Ever heard of reverse threading? that could have been a great thing on this.

Ive only had the boreas for a short while and only rewicked it like 3 or 4 times but I get leakage out the holes almost everytime that I refill it. opening the afc a half moon does not seem to help. I even tried the old kayfun style hold it upside down and pray for the right air bubbles
Close the holes before removing top cap. When you fill it stay below the fill holes, I you go above the fill holes the pressure will be too high and will create over-pressure and force juice out the holes. Open only one or two holes and take several puffs before you open more holes this will dry the wicks some, if not you over saturate the wicks and loose juice out the holes.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the top cap really tight on all of the units or just mine?
It will loosen with time, it takes time for the gasket to get looser..... Then it's simple to put on and take off. Don't over tighten it, it won't leak..... I used to tighten mine too much and it was hard to take off..... I use one of those tank rubber things and push it all the way up to also make a deal up on the top cap, even though it doesn't leak..... It can be be my old age when you start fixing shit that doesn't need fixing....

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Gotta say, pretty much done draining tanks in my pocket. Might as well have an RDA. Except a RDA doesn't hold 6mls.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only way to make it really pocketable as most tanks don't like to be on their sides would be to close off the JFC/AFC before putting it into your pocket. The air flow one this is like an RDA or a Genny laying it on it's side or at an angle is going have the wicking accelerate the leaking by acting like a syphon pulling juice up to dump out the air holes.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cotton matters, but it doesn't stop it. Every thing has pros and cons. To get the pros of RDA like wicking, you get the cons of RDA like leaking. I've never worried about pocketing any tank I have. This one is a worry.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cotton matters, but it doesn't stop it. Every thing has pros and cons. To get the pros of RDA like wicking, you get the cons of RDA like leaking. I've never worried about pocketing any tank I have. This one is a worry.
That was more of a joke. This tank loves cotton. Even if you think you have too much this tank seems to have room for more and likes it.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep, bottom of the deck is full. My last build was too little. Ya, that was a big mess.

I just got a new one, but the o-rings on the AFC are too loose. That is messy. Now I'll have to empty it and change those out.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was more of a joke. This tank loves cotton. Even if you think you have too much this tank seems to have room for more and likes it.
I make a little bed of cotton, more towards the corners where the holes are and I use the deck with smaller holes....... It works fine even at 85 watts plus. .. I have very few leaks even when it falls on the side........

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been using the same o rings for months..... They don't go bad rapidly..... It's all in the cotton...... If you have a bigger leak you need a larger maxi..... The same with Boreas, bigger leak more cotton.........

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That's with the ring closed. Doesn't matter. Still makes a mess. Just a smaller one.

hold it upside down for a few seconds then turn off the airflow and stick it in your pocket.
there is leftover juice in the chamber if you just shut it off and that is what is leaking out.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
WTF? I had the link posted to Amazon to the Wiha wrench's and the link has been removed????
Is VU starting to become a ECF?

Anyway I got the Wiha Hex "screwdriver" style wrench's off Amazon, very good quality (German) and easy to use.

They're
Wiha 26390 Screwdriver Set, Hex Metric With Precision Handle, .7 - 3.0mm, 7 Piece

take the "http://" out of your link before posting it.
certain sitels automatically embed links on the forum like YouTube.
but some sites like Amazon embed wrong and you end up with a blank space and no link.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I make a little bed of cotton, more towards the corners where the holes are and I use the deck with smaller holes....... It works fine even at 85 watts plus. .. I have very few leaks even when it falls on the side........

This is good advice - unlike most RTAs, the Boreas adores a lot of wicking

Also, some folks with minor leaking issues find it helpful to bottom fill the tank - for whatever reason the vacuum sets itself that way.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hold it upside down for a few seconds then turn off the airflow and stick it in your pocket.
there is leftover juice in the chamber if you just shut it off and that is what is leaking out.
If it's already in the chamber, it's not going to drain anywhere. You would have to invert it, drain the bottom, close the ring, turn it right side up, drain the chamber, invert, open ring, drain bottom. WAY too much work. It's in and out all day. Bottom line, not real pocket friendly.

Regardless, I changed the o-rings on the AFC ring. Way too loose. Replacements were much better. Yes it can leak out the holes, but this was leaking out the bottom of the ring. I rewicked it. Bottom of deck is full. Last one pretty much was, but it's full now. We'll see if there is any improvement tomorrow. I'm guessing it will be better.

Gotta say, these have been the cheapest rings I've seen. Very well made tank, super cheap o-rings. Makes no sense. I'll have to get new ones.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is good advice - unlike most RTAs, the Boreas adores a lot of wicking

Also, some folks with minor leaking issues find it helpful to bottom fill the tank - for whatever reason the vacuum sets itself that way.
Yeah but bottom feeding is the reason I got rid of my Maganus tank, and I love that SOB ..... Feel Like I'm going back in time.......

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah but bottom feeding is the reason I got rid of my Maganus tank, and I love that SOB ..... Feel Like I'm going back in time.......

It's not my favorite either but it does usually work for folks who are having a hard time getting it dialed in at first.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every time I change the coil, I also fill from the bottom.......

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread still going? lol.

I fucking love love love my Boreases (Boreaii?). Honestly, since getting them, I havent used anything else. My other dozen and a half tanks/rtas have gotten shelved. I dont even use drippers anymore except one on my MCM Underground just for the novelty of using a series box and dripper. The Boreas is just absolute perfection for an rta. If theres any criticism to be had, it would be the juice/air control being linked. If it was separate juice and air control it would just be that much better, but even as is the thing is excellent. Roxy really hit this thing outta the park.

Im gonna get one of the new Dotmod RTAs when they drop, but theyd have to really up the ante to compete with the Boreas imo....did I mention I love it? lol

I spent a couple grand on vape stuff. Dozens of mods, dozens of tanks, dozens of drippers, hundreds upon hundreds of bottles of juice, and I finally found the end all, perfect set up (for me). Triple battery regulated VW mod (RX200, 200S, LV Triade DNA200), Boreas RTA with staggered/fused claptons, and Five Fold "Carnival" juice. That is all I use anymore. Gotta get off my ass and sell the other shit lol

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit thats a steal for sure. You sure its 100% real/authentic and not some kind of clone/fake? I thought I got a hell of a deal and I paid nearly double that for mine.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New company but they have another company with 12000 feedbacks.... Your money is PayPal protected......

I've picked up items I never thought I would buy.... Yesterday I bought an aromamizer supreme 7ml SS for $20.00..... Why not..... Even a Black Boreas for $23.00

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The air and juice being linked would not be such a bad if it wasn't for it being bottom fed. For pocket carry, or filling, or what ever, you really need to be able to burn off juice with juice shut off. It would really help. But with how it's made, easier said than done.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The air and juice being linked would not be such a bad if it wasn't for it being bottom fed. For pocket carry, or filling, or what ever, you really need to be able to burn off juice with juice shut off. It would really help. But with how it's made, easier said than done.
You know that for $20 to $30 it's hard finding a top quality tank...... For the money the Boreas has good flavor and top quality, just mess with it until you get it right, I have been using mine for 3 months going on 4 and put about 20 builds in it.... And there is a learning curve !!! ..... It's good to have at least (3) just to have..... And test how things work with a tight wick and a loose wick..... It Vapes different, the thicker the wick the slower the air flow...... Many ways to do it....... It's like sex, on your back, doggy style, on top, missionary, you have to test it in many different ways !!!!!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New company but they have another company with 12000 feedbacks.... Your money is PayPal protected......

I've picked up items I never thought I would buy.... Yesterday I bought an aromamizer supreme 7ml SS for $20.00..... Why not..... Even a Black Boreas for $23.00

Well good luck, hope its legit. I love mine, though I never really use it since I like it too much to carry it with me to work lol. I gotta leave my vape in my car and dont wanna leave my nice Triade in the glovebox of a car in the middle of summer when its gonna get 120+ in my car lol.

I never have any issues with my Boreas leaking. Ive got my wicking process down perfectly and even if I lay it on its side its still good to go. Though when I gotta leave it in my car, or I have it in my pocket without vaping for a lil bit, I just turn the rta upside down for a few seconds to let the juice drain out, then shut the afc/jfc ring and Im good to go. That drains almost all the juice out of the well so theres nothing in there to leak out (or not enough anyways) while still keeping the coils/wicks wet so you dont gotta wait to vape when youre ready. Just open the control ring up and go.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not that easy to sell on eBay...... It used to be ..... But no longer...... Scammers can't sell on eBay.... That's a thing of the past.......

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's not that easy to sell on eBay...... It used to be ..... But no longer...... Scammers can't sell on eBay.... That's a thing of the past.......

Ebay has cleaned up a lot, but I still see plenty of counterfeit stuff being passed off as authentic, including vape gear.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Counterfeit is another name of the game....... Put it's getting going (strictly) especially in China...... It's coming..... The US is putting a squeeze on China, clean it up or no more importing.......

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had good luck and never had broken glass - in tanks or replacement glass - break in transit from FT
Thanks to you I have backup Boreas & Merlin glass tanks on their way from Fasttech. I've never broken a tank & amazingly FT shipments with glass tanks have made it all the way here in one piece.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Did you buy the last Aromamizer supreme 7ml SS on EBay? I looked for it, can't find it for $20 :( like you said for $20 why not.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love my Boreas tanks, up to 5 of them now and probably pick up a couple more for future use! The orings for the most part are pretty shit quality but it doesnt take away my feelings for the tank itself. Every single one Ive received has had either a broken one someplace or a shredded one barely hanging on but I have lots of exta so no biggie.

Looooove the Merlin drip tip with the Boreas, my favorite combo by far!!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Shit, when the boreas first came out it was $56 on eBay!
$23 has to be damn close to wholesale price.

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This thread still going? lol.

I fucking love love love my Boreases (Boreaii?). Honestly, since getting them, I havent used anything else. My other dozen and a half tanks/rtas have gotten shelved. I dont even use drippers anymore except one on my MCM Underground just for the novelty of using a series box and dripper. The Boreas is just absolute perfection for an rta. If theres any criticism to be had, it would be the juice/air control being linked. If it was separate juice and air control it would just be that much better, but even as is the thing is excellent. Roxy really hit this thing outta the park.

Im gonna get one of the new Dotmod RTAs when they drop, but theyd have to really up the ante to compete with the Boreas imo....did I mention I love it? lol

I spent a couple grand on vape stuff. Dozens of mods, dozens of tanks, dozens of drippers, hundreds upon hundreds of bottles of juice, and I finally found the end all, perfect set up (for me). Triple battery regulated VW mod (RX200, 200S, LV Triade DNA200), Boreas RTA with staggered/fused claptons, and Five Fold "Carnival" juice. That is all I use anymore. Gotta get off my ass and sell the other shit lol

boreas was my favorite until i got the Limitless RDTA and now Limitless+. i haven't touched my Boreas since :( FF Carnival is awesome. one of my favorites. i just ran out. i still have some of the Zindulgence flavor, but i prefer the Carnival.

VU Sponsors