VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
STS used to carry them for six bucks.

I got eight extras

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone have a source for the grub screws in the deck? Had a friend do a build for me and he was a little heavy handed. I replaced the one he stripped but lost 2 in the process due to old age, lack of dexterity and bad eyesight!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have a source for the grub screws in the deck? Had a friend do a build for me and he was a little heavy handed. I replaced the one he stripped but lost 2 in the process due to old age, lack of dexterity and bad eyesight!

Use the screws from the spare deck?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used some from the Griffin tank they fit in the hole..... I think you should just shub a screw in it, until the hole grabs it...... If it grabs it, you should be happy.... A hole in one......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thought of that but really would like to stock up on them. I'm good for now but learned tonight how easy it is to lose those little buggers.

Yeah, getting caught short seriously blows

I don't even know what size they really are

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I used some from the Griffin tank they fit in the hole..... I think you should just shub a screw in it, until the hole grabs it...... If it grabs it, you should be happy.... A hole in one......

Ooh, that is good to know!

You can get the Griffin rebuild kit on FT for $1.12 and it includes 4 grub screws.

I don't own a Griffen but I bought five of the rebuild kits last week because the Griffin 510 adaptor fits the Goon, which is my current squonk infatuation, but I hate the choad-size dt.

I can't find the adaptor from a US seller for under $5 which is ridiculous for such a janky piece of plastic - which I still bought two at that price :(

Thought of that but really would like to stock up on them. I'm good for now but learned tonight how easy it is to lose those little buggers.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ooh, that is good to know!

You can get the Griffin rebuild kit on FT for $1.12 and it includes 4 grub screws.

I don't own a Griffen but I bought five of the rebuild kits last week because the Griffin 510 adaptor fits the Goon, which is my current squonk infatuation, but I hate the choad-size dt.

I can't find the adaptor from a US seller for under $5 which is ridiculous for such a janky piece of plastic - which I still bought two at that price :(

Ok, someone on Fasttech forum says M2.5x3mm works on his Griffin. Sohttps://www.fasttech.com/products/3981606 may be the one.

Search grub screws...... Tons of good screws pop up.......

Got tired of shitty grub screws with my devices and stocked up on m2, m2.5,m3 from 2-5mm in batches of 150. You can find quality ones from a variety of places I got mine off eBay.

And yes it's m2.5x3 for the Boreas deck.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm sorry, but I actually need to talk about the Boreas for a minute. :)

I know earlier wicking was discussed. I cut my tips outside to the deck and fold under. I actually went too little recently and it leaked like a sieve. I'm giving cotton bacon a try over my regular pads.

So how about it for CB, tips to deck, tucked under, fill the well?

Im also builded my new Boreas. Had to get a spare.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm currently using CB in both of mine.

Boreas does like a lot of cotton. On both of mine, I just make sure the tails are tucked in the wells and the space under the coil itself should be clear of all wicking.

That's how Roxy showed me to do it and it hasn't failed me since :)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Fatdaddyvapes carries a selection of SS grub screws: http://fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html

Vaping walrus sells some slotted grub screws: https://www.vapingwalrus.com/griffin-sub-ohm-tank-rdta-slotted-replacement-grub-screws

https://www.vapingwalrus.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=RTA+Slotted+Replacement+

A lot of times it is the cheap allen wrench they give you which messes the whole thing up. Since I got higher quality allen wrenches the stripped grub screws have greatly reduced.

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fatdaddyvapes carries a selection of SS grub screws: http://fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html

Vaping walrus sells some slotted grub screws: https://www.vapingwalrus.com/griffin-sub-ohm-tank-rdta-slotted-replacement-grub-screws

https://www.vapingwalrus.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=RTA+Slotted+Replacement+

A lot of times it is the cheap allen wrench they give you which messes the whole thing up. Since I got higher quality allen wrenches the stripped grub screws have greatly reduced.
Thanks. Which Allen wrench set would you suggest?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Most of the times though especially with Geekvape, Wotofo and UD the grub screws are really sub par. I've got a top notch allen key's and still need to replace the grub screws. Got so bad that I went and bought batches in various sizes, once I've replaced the grubs that strip I no longer have issues.

I highly recommend Wiha

Excellent quality, made in Germany.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are cheap wrenches, but ya get 'em all and then some...

09da8a1719d5045d02a0030e1a143480.jpg

Amazon and Walmart. About $8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha..... I love wenches..... Nothing better than brew, ham hogs, and wenches to have a real party........

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the help. Ended up ordering the Wiha wrenches from Amazon
I'm pretty confident that you won't be disappointed for they are really excellent quality.

I also recommend getting batch's of m2, m2.5, m3 in 2,3,4 and 5 to keep on hand. I've ended up maybe having to replace about a 1/4 of my grub screws due to shitty quality I got with my devices. The ones I've had to replace I have no issues with, Geekvape and Wotofo seems to be the worst in my experience with using shitty grub screws. Great devices but a shame they went real cheap with grub screws.

Anyway Wiha really makes top quality tools, I even got their Phillips screwdrivers, just love Wiha. Life is too short to mess with cheap tools that either break or strip out your screws ya know!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm pretty confident that you won't be disappointed for they are really excellent quality.

I also recommend getting batch's of m2, m2.5, m3 in 2,3,4 and 5 to keep on hand. I've ended up maybe having to replace about a 1/4 of my grub screws due to shitty quality I got with my devices. The ones I've had to replace I have no issues with, Geekvape and Wotofo seems to be the worst in my experience with using shitty grub screws. Great devices but a shame they went real cheap with grub screws.

Anyway Wiha really makes top quality tools, I even got their Phillips screwdrivers, just love Wiha. Life is too short to mess with cheap tools that either break or strip out your screws ya know!
I thought geekvape does a nitrogen hardening treatment on there grub screws. Atleast that's what they say on the tsunami and I forgot what other atty of theres.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought geekvape does a nitrogen hardening treatment on there grub screws. Atleast that's what they say on the tsunami and I forgot what other atty of theres.
Griffin grub screws are pure crap. When I first got my Griffin I only put in one build then had to replace 2 of the grub screws, around the 3rd or 4th build I had to replace the other two. Once replaced with the ones I had on hand (not what from the spares bag that came with tank) no issues, work great.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Griffin grub screws are pure crap. When I first got my Griffin I only put in one build then had to replace 2 of the grub screws, around the 3rd or 4th build I had to replace the other two. Once replaced with the ones I had on hand (not what from the spares bag that came with tank) no issues, work great.
Yeah the only tank I had a grub screw strip on me was the merlin. I think it was more the cheap Allen key they provided. I love the tool geekvape provides. I need to pick up some nice grub screws incase I start having the same problem. Fingers crossed, I've been lucky so far.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the only tank I had a grub screw strip on me was the merlin. I think it was more the cheap Allen key they provided. I love the tool geekvape provides. I need to pick up some nice grub screws incase I start having the same problem. Fingers crossed, I've been lucky so far.
So very, very worth it. Get some good quality screw drivers and allen keys (I like the screwdriver style), few batch's of "quality" grub screws and you're in like Flinn!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So very, very worth it. Get some good quality screw drivers and allen keys (I like the screwdriver style), few batch's of "quality" grub screws and you're in like Flinn!
Which wrenches from amazon would you recommend?

VU Sponsors