Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Any of you notice a difference between lightening vapes and kidney puncher kanthal for taste or longevity or cleanliness?
I realize I'm a bit late in saying... Haven't used Kidney Puncher for wire, but I've noticed a difference between lightning vapes and other places. Great service from them, but not a fan of their wire at all. I had a convo with someone else about this when he brought it up. He experienced the same as me, hot spots, didn't last as long, very odd flavor.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I realize I'm a bit late in saying... Haven't used Kidney Puncher for wire, but I've noticed a difference between lightning vapes and other places. Great service from them, but not a fan of their wire at all. I had a convo with someone else about this when he brought it up. He experienced the same as me, hot spots, didn't last as long, very odd flavor.
I have always used kp kanthal. No issues regardless of gauge. A little more money, though.

janne303

Member For 4 Years
I use this :)

e0d62af5e8a6646de00cf70fd0985424.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Unless you're looking for fancy stuff, I've always like Temco. I even got little spools at Discount Vapers when I first started making my own.
Haven't used kp wire at all and didn't care for temco. While I haven't used lv ka1 I do use their n80 almost exclusively. Only times I haven't since I started using them about a year ago is when I've tried some ss builds, also lv wire, but haven't made one I liked yet compared to my n80 builds.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I blew the top off my unicorn bottle while filling the boreas. I had the air holes closed but the chamber must have seriously flooded. The great flood came out of the air holes when I opened them. Had to wrap it in paper towels and blow through the drip tip to get the fluid out.

Works great now.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I blew the top off my unicorn bottle while filling the boreas. I had the air holes closed but the chamber must have seriously flooded. The great flood came out of the air holes when I opened them. Had to wrap it in paper towels and blow through the drip tip to get the fluid out.

Works great now.
I hate when that happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

toolbox875

Member For 4 Years
Hi all,
Have a quick question for you Boreas guru. I just received my tank yesterday. This morning I was building on it and when I went to close the bottom cap(build deck side) it would not catch the thread on the screw cap. Each time I tried it will not catch the thread properly and will only close partially. If I tighten the cap anymore , I will risk stripping the thread. Did anyone have this issue?
Is there a solution to this problem ?

Just a side note I purchased this from a reputable vendor, well known on this forum and others , just in case a question of it being a knock off.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all,
Have a quick question for you Boreas guru. I just received my tank yesterday. This morning I was building on it and when I went to close the bottom cap(build deck side) it would not catch the thread on the screw cap. Each time I tried it will not catch the thread properly and will only close partially. If I tighten the cap anymore , I will risk stripping the thread. Did anyone have this issue?
Is there a solution to this problem ?

Just a side note I purchased this from a reputable vendor, well known on this forum and others , just in case a question of it being a knock off.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.
Since you bought it from a reputable dealer and are having problems with it, I would suggest you return it. The only thing i can think of that could be causing that is if the deck is like the Aromamizer Supreme's. That deck has tabs you need to line up with the base so it seats all the way down (I don't have the Boreas so I'm not sure if it's the same way).

Cheers,
Steve

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If not lined up and you keep tightening you will mess all the threads up..... I would return it..... Something doesn't sound right....... I have 3 Boreas and mine catch Immediately and smooth threads.......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stocking up on the self adjusting fatDaddyVapes 510..... I have 10 now..... Ready for the apocalypse....
View attachment 56118View attachment 56119View attachment 56120
I've got a 1/2 dozen VT V2 Decks, more than likely will be getting another 1/2 dozen for the Apocalypse.

All the 510 pins on the (3) RX200's and the ileaf 200 watt TC and my snow wolf have just simply broken... First the little plastic ring that goes around the pin smashes then the pin simply pops out into the mod..... So better to have spare 510's......

Yep, I actually had my Reuleaux DNA 510 swapped out with a VT V2 Deck, replaced the isolator and upgraded the wire from 18g to 16g, very noticeable difference. I very highly recommend having this guy do it, he does very good work and very happy with mine, costs $65
https://www.facebook.com/VapinArchitect

Haven't used kp wire at all and didn't care for temco. While I haven't used lv ka1 I do use their n80 almost exclusively. Only times I haven't since I started using them about a year ago is when I've tried some ss builds, also lv wire, but haven't made one I liked yet compared to my n80 builds.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
I'm very happy with Kidney Puncher, very clean and quality wire for a good price. I'm a Stainless Steel fan but KP is one of the only Kanthal I enjoy Vaping. Kanthal more times than not I get a metallic taste, but not with KP wire.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Newest build on my Boreas:

84098c4c9c584b625c1b9d3b9ff4d140.png

Clocking in at "The Answer To Life The Universe And Everything" (^.~ if you get the reference) and Vaping it at 66.6w:

bd32024a3f528f4b277bfc18110c6c41.jpg

I needed to change my coils badly. I was getting kinda burnt tasting hits, even though it was wicking fine. Hell to make sure I took off my drip tip and tossed a few drops of juice "down the barrel" and STILL tasted burnt.

This is what I found when I popped out the build deck:
a2e8748c2fafe3ae18b0a54f9500983f.jpg

BLECH!!

I hadn't rewicked in a long time...

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Newest build on my Boreas:

84098c4c9c584b625c1b9d3b9ff4d140.png

Clocking in at "The Answer To Life The Universe And Everything" (^.~ if you get the reference) and Vaping it at 66.6w:

bd32024a3f528f4b277bfc18110c6c41.jpg

I needed to change my coils badly. I was getting kinda burnt tasting hits, even though it was wicking fine. Hell to make sure I took off my drip tip and tossed a few drops of juice "down the barrel" and STILL tasted burnt.

This is what I found when I popped out the build deck:
a2e8748c2fafe3ae18b0a54f9500983f.jpg

BLECH!!

I hadn't rewicked in a long time...
Not looking that bad..... Your coils look good, that's the secret is finding a good temperature between 400 and 420 Fahrenheit and a good wattage between 50 and 60 watts..... And you should be able to Vape a month on the same cotton without burning the cotton.....

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have seen that the Boreas is discontinued on FT. Does that mean that it is being discontinued across the board, maybe clearing the way for a V2 maybe?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't think so. Augvape is folding due to pending regs. Yeah it just got real. Many more to follow.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112048743713

He'll take $20..... And ship it..... I know this is not the eBay place but it's a Boreas tank and I'm not selling it either.... I'm looking into buying it but I have (3) black already...... I'm thinking but I'm looking for a stainless and want the new version with the grab notches on the fill top.....

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't think so. Augvape is folding due to pending regs. Yeah it just got real. Many more to follow.

If that's the case I'll use it till it goes bad.... still have my Crown in rotation and rebuild coils at .5ohms and enjoy it almost as much. I will not give into the drama that its the end all tank come the end of times. With what I have learned I can make this tank last a long time but I do have others to fall back on.... Sad to see them drop it so fast.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe it's a good thing Roxy decided to check out. It would have sucked getting asked a billion questions about Augvape checking out. But honestly its pretty forceable. Small company that just popped up. Only had one device that sold well and even that whole lot. I mean the people that bought them and loved them pretty much stocked up because of the chances of this (2 in rotation and 2 in storage). So that inflated the Boreas's value. It wouldn't make sense to keep the company open to sell 3 atomizers at chinese prices for the next 2 years. Honestly the science in these is in the metal, we might have some trouble sourcing replacement orings. But really outside replacing the glass it should be pretty easy to maintain these. Next couple months should be about stocking up on hardware from smaller companies. Ones where it doesn't make sense for them to continue to sell only a handful of equipment for the next two years. The Joytech's, Kangers, and so on should be fine. Also high margin companies like Evolv will stay around.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe it's a good thing Roxy decided to check out. It would have sucked getting asked a billion questions about Augvape checking out. But honestly its pretty forceable. Small company that just popped up. Only had one device that sold well and even that whole lot. I mean the people that bought them and loved them pretty much stocked up because of the chances of this (2 in rotation and 2 in storage). So that inflated the Boreas's value. It wouldn't make sense to keep the company open to sell 3 atomizers at chinese prices for the next 2 years. Honestly the science in these is in the metal, we might have some trouble sourcing replacement orings. But really outside replacing the glass it should be pretty easy to maintain these. Next couple months should be about stocking up on hardware from smaller companies. Ones where it doesn't make sense for them to continue to sell only a handful of equipment for the next two years. The Joytech's, Kangers, and so on should be fine. Also high margin companies like Evolv will stay around.
Yep I agree with your point on smaller companies. I've got 2 Boreas in use and two in Stash. I even got a second Authentic Velocity V2, second Modfather and a few other devices from smaller companies in stash. Great quality and doubtful they can weather the government onslaught to destroy them. I've put myself in very lean funding due to stockpiling the last couple of months prepping, but I'm confident I'll thank myself after the 8th ;)

I'm really despising to the point of hatred of government. What they are doing just to maintain the status quo.......

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

So to be clear, Augvape is no longer manufacturing the Boreas and as far as current vendor stock, what you see is what you get?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So to be clear, Augvape is no longer manufacturing the Boreas and as far as current vendor stock, what you see is what you get?

Yes.

I posted a screenshot of their Facebook post about it on this thread not that long ago. Wait, I did't post it, I PMed it to someone because someone else's personal info was on it.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Grab them while you can. I only have 3. Two still in the boxes. Gonna order a couple of more. I do love this atty! And it is built like a tank! The only thing that can really wear out are the o-rings. If you keep the rest of it clean and treat her right. :inlove:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just ordered boreas number 5 from subtanksupply supply. They have them in stock. Coupon code TENOFF for my fellow hoarders.

It's not hoarding it's prepping!

So she says as she sneaks more vapemail into the house :facepalm:

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grab them while you can. I only have 3. Two still in the boxes. Gonna order a couple of more. I do love this atty! And it is built like a tank! The only thing that can really wear out are the o-rings. If you keep the rest of it clean and treat her right. :inlove:
Not much to worry,. Just about any O ring can be found at a plumbing supply store...

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not much to worry,. Just about any O ring can be found at a plumbing supply store...
That was kind of my point. Well if I typed it correctly. As long as people aren't taking a hammer to this or are just constantly trashing the glass they should be usable for a long time. The grub screws would be my worry.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, overall, this thing is built like a TANK. Like WW II muscle rockin', lung popping, lip smackin', tongue drenching, super flavor, cloud bangin', fire breathing, hip shakin', vapin' machine!

VU Sponsors