Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I can believe that (not stupid) it needs to be up there some.

It makes me cough if the wattage is too low - and I'm a serious tootle puffer :D
Use a DNA200 and build a custom profile, from the ramp up wattage to the temperature and the custom curve of power through the Vape.... Once you start playing around with temperature vs wattage and curves it starts becoming flavorful and different flavors begin popping..... It's weird

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Use a DNA200 and build a custom profile, from the ramp up wattage to the temperature and the custom curve of power through the Vape.... Once you start playing around with temperature vs wattage and curves it starts becoming flavorful and different flavors begin popping..... It's weird

I'll keep that in mind if I become unhappy with it. This thing is so flavorful I really had to tone my juice down at first.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll keep that in mind if I become unhappy with it. This thing is so flavorful I really had to tone my juice down at first.
Sometimes the power is so great that it doesn't have the opportunity to break down the components in the ejuice.... For example a difficult flavor to pop out is coconut..... I guess the oils is where it's hidden and at 70 or 80 watts you cook it and taste the banana or pineapple in the mix, but you swear there was coconut in there ..... But at a lower temp like 65 watts on temp control the DNA200 will fire so quick and low and back again to constantly keep temperature at 500 degrees as an example, that it gives the coconut a chance to burn at it's required melting point...... It's something that I can't explain clearly, but as you can see trying..... It's kind of like a pwm mod, the pulse modulation gives good flavors at lower temps...... But some pulse like a helicopter it gets annoying, that's where the DNA200 takes over...... You don't notice the pulse modulation........

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes the power is so great that it doesn't have the opportunity to break down the components in the ejuice.... For example a difficult flavor to pop out is coconut..... I guess the oils is where it's hidden and at 70 or 80 watts you cook it and taste the banana or pineapple in the mix, but you swear there was coconut in there ..... But at a lower temp like 65 watts on temp control the DNA200 will fire so quick and low and back again to constantly keep temperature at 500 degrees as an example, that it gives the coconut a chance to burn at it's required melting point...... It's something that I can't explain clearly, but as you can see trying..... It's kind of like a pwm mod, the pulse modulation gives good flavors at lower temps...... But some pulse like a helicopter it gets annoying, that's where the DNA200 takes over...... You don't notice the pulse modulation........

I rarely use regulated mods outside of being at work.

Mechanical squonking is my true love :D

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I don't have a dna 200 yet. Thought about but they are expensive.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I finally got an answer from Augvape about why the Boreas is being discontinued:
(I whited out my last name but this is off my Facebook. I figure they are a company with a public page so this should be Ok to share since it's just them and me.)

3f41ad7476785f6d0de53ddd42cc38d2.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The people in China must know something about the FDA that we don't because there are a lot of items starting to dissapear from online sales..... I see a lot going away or no longer in stock on eBay.......

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The people in China must know something about the FDA that we don't because there are a lot of items starting to dissapear from online sales..... I see a lot going away or no longer in stock on eBay.......

Yep, so am I. I am also seeing (and taking advantage of) a lot of clearance/fire sales. A "lot" of online vendors are clearing out stock, way more aggressive than usual, I mean a significant amount. I'm literally getting RDA's and RTA's for under $5, granted they're older like in maybe a year.

I believe those who are saying "why are you hoarding now, we've got 2 years, yadda yadda yadda " are in for a very rude awakening.

I've went well beyond what I myself need and I'm stocking for with gear I've gotten ridiculously cheap for friends and family who choose to quit the Stinkies post Apocalypse.

Only hope we realisticly have is to win some major lawsuits. Even if that happens Vaping will never, ever be remotely the same. Big Pharma/Big Tobacco with their bought and paid for whores in government are just pigs at the trough and are protecting their power and control.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

They know that we as Americans are a feckless bunch that will gladly sign over our rights in the name of Political Correctness. Really, not a bad bet. This country has been on the path of giving up its rights for quite some time. Look at the organizations that are supposedly fighting these regs. They don't even name their enemy so how could they possibly have a chance of defeating them? When a government can just start closing businesses and regulating them to extinction without any type of due process or hearing things are definitely wrong. This is really sad because this is no longer the country I grew up in. My advice is to stock up now while you can because as others have noted things are going to start disappearing quickly.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't realize the USA was such a cash cow for vape goods for China. So if vaping was illegal all the Chinese vape companies would go bust? That's crap.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Who voted on these politicians? How can they do this to the people who voted on them?

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk
And therein lies the problem in the vape community. They are not just politicians. Call them what they overwhelmingly are, Democrats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm stocking up myself..... Got 25 mods, 8 Rdas, 9rtas, cable and more cable...... 5 gallons of 100%nic..... The rest I can find readily available..... Oh (5) Varitube 510 self adjusting and (3) evolve DNA200 boards......

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If anyone is looking for the Boreas

Eciggity is running 20% off coupon and they have both black and SS Boreas at $24.99

$20.01 with the coupon JULY20

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Boreas for $20.00 that's a fantastic deal.....

I know, and a US seller. They get stuff to Alaska from Hawaii in as little as three days too.

The coupon does indeed work. I used it to get that darn 200W Istick I want but don't actually need

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know, and a US seller. They get stuff to Alaska from Hawaii in as little as three days too.

The coupon does indeed work. I used it to get that darn 200W Istick I want but don't actually need
I used it too. Just bought 2 more Boreases (one black and one stainless).

Anyone know if FT has a sale this month?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I used it too. Just bought 2 more Boreases (one black and one stainless).

Anyone know if FT has a sale this month?

FastTech Independence Day Sale (Sitewide 10% off)! Code: FREEDOM

Just found this!

Can't tell when it begins/ends yet

EDIT: good on July 4th only for 24 hours

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Just found this!

I'm done with Fastech...... They need to change the name to SLOtech.... Or LostTech...... My last $200.00 order never arrived..... And they wouldn't resend or credit me...... I had to file a PayPal claim to get paid and it took like a month...... I was without my money almost 3 months.......

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm done with Fastech...... They need to change the name to SLOtech.... Or LostTech...... My last $200.00 order never arrived..... And they wouldn't resend or credit me...... I had to file a PayPal claim to get paid and it took like a month...... I was without my money almost 3 months.......

That blows.

While they are SLOW (one of the more ironic names out there) I rarely hear about having to go so far as to file a claim with them

Now GearBest, :headbang: never have bought from them due to the overabundance of horror stories

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That blows.

While they are SLOW (one of the more ironic names out there) I rarely hear about having to go so far as to file a claim with them

Now GearBest, :headbang: never have bought from them due to the overabundance of horror stories
I heard gearbest is similar in business ethics

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, gearbest sucks. My last 4 orders with fasttech took a long time to arrive as well, i usually only order bottles for my diy from them though so not such a big deal.
The one order i got from 3fvape was real quick and a friend of mine orders from efuntop a lot and he usually gets his stuff in 8 days.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you use the epacket ship option on ft it usually gets to you under 2 weeks. It's free on orders over 20 bucks. My last order with epacket from ft got here in 10 days. Now ft and gearbest with the regular free shipping option blows. I have waited 2 months once.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Boreas friends :)

First let me say I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this atty. I bought 2 when eciggity had them for $16. Absolutely my favorite tank ever! I have one little issue that I'm sure has been covered in this extensive thread, but I'm being lazy. Each time I refill I get a few drop of leakage (3-5) drops from the airflow. I usually just fill, open to my normal 2 holes open, turn it on it's side and let it drip. Once those few drops are done I have no problems whatsoever. Is this normal? Any way to stop it? Would love your experiences, fixes?

It doesn't change how much I love this tank, but sometimes it's inconvenient, especially if I'm driving. If anyone were to ask me the Boreas would be my first suggestion. Like I said, after those first initial drops, no leaking at all.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VapeNW is one of the best I've ever dealt with. I get my batteries from Them because they have the cheapest authentic Sony VCT4s I've ever found.($5.99)

Father's Day weekend (Friday) I messaged them at about 4 pm EST asking if they had a code for Father's Day and they told me no but would have one for the Fourth of July. I placed my order then (I couldn't wait) and within 3 hours I had tracking information and I had my batteries on Monday afternoon.

I've heard mixed reviews about their Customer Service, but I've had nothing but stellar experiences with them the few times I've ordered from them.

Plus they made a "mistake" in my favour and gave me an extra eFest battery ($7.99) for free.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you use the epacket ship option on ft it usually gets to you under 2 weeks. It's free on orders over 20 bucks. My last order with epacket from ft got here in 10 days. Now ft and gearbest with the regular free shipping option blows. I have waited 2 months once.

I always use that option as well but my last 2 orders never updated with the 17track link they give you. It just said that the shipper has been notified but didn't move from there for 10 days. I contacted CS and nothing happened then read a post on there forum with about 5 other people having the same problem and FT Jenny said she would look into and low and behold the tracking started working the next day. I am pretty sure they never even made it to the post office and were just sitting around the warehouse or something. Took almost a month to get both packages using the epacket option, that has never happened before.

The order before had an item that said would be in stock in 2 days, 14 days later I canceled that order when it still said restocking on my order page but a couple of times the item page said ships out next day. 3 order in a row from Fasttech that were horrible experiences, I am just glad they were non essential items. Fun stuff like tanks and mods you can usually find better prices from places in the US on those items if you look around.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I never use FT for critical items. I mainly use them as a cheap way to experiment with stuff I don't know if I'll like or not and is great for stocking up on "stuff" for my doomsday stash I don't need right away

I would never use them for something I need as soon as possible or am not willing to wait for

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
After I fill mine I turn it upside down and while its upside down I open the jcf/afc. Do that and she won't leak at all.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip! I've tried it and it worked! I turn it upside down before I close the afc/jfc ring and then as soon as it catches threads putting the top back on and open the afc/jfc and not one drop! Thank you!!!!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the tip! I've tried it and it worked! I turn it upside down before I close the afc/jfc ring and then as soon as it catches threads putting the top back on and open the afc/jfc and not one drop! Thank you!!!!
Np bro, that's what we're all here for. Glad I could help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Just found this!

Is it working for you?
I've been trying it often all day (since they are 12 hours ahead it is already the 4th there). Just tried again (it's after midnight for me) and still no dice. ~.~

VU Sponsors